Carlton Are The Real Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams that did not play in the finals have a bit of a head start on the top teams of last year. Teams that want to use the WC to trial the younger players are not going to do very well against teams that field a strong lineup.

I think Carlton have had a good pre-season and are playing with confidence. They have good hard workers all over the ground but are not blessed with stars like some clubs. Fevola makes up for what is generally lacking in the side though and a good year by Fev will see Carlton with a good chance to make the finals.

I think a lot of clubs are relatively even though. While I think Carlton has moved closer to being competitive against the top 6 clubs of last year I also think teams like Richmond, Bulldogs, Adelaide and Hawthorn will be far more competitive than last year aswell so making the 8 is going to be all about who makes the most of their opportunities.

I think Carlton has a team that can make it but a lot of teams that could have made the finals in the past did not make the finals because they didn't make the most of their opportunities. That is impossible to predict. Simple things like hanging on to a few close wins is going to make a massive difference this year I believe.

Depends what you call real deal. But it's undeniable Carlton are pretty good. They won't challenge for the flag but have a decent midfield, bona fide back six (Thornton, Morrell, Livingston, Teague, Lappin, Houla etc) and have two gun forwards who can win a game off their own boots.

Pretty solid unit if you ask me. Pagan has done a good job.

bona fide back six (Thornton, Morrell, Livingston, Teague, Lappin, Houla etc) and have two gun forwards who can win a game off their own boots.

Well Thornton might miss half the season, and Livingston I am yet to be actually convinced by. There goes our defence this year, whatever little resistance it had against the bigger forwards is now gone. He was basically the glue to our backline, perahps the only tall that could win agianst his opponent more than once.

We're going to miss him.

steviewonder36 said:
Bluesforever, You shouldn't throw stones, just had a look over your previous posts, and I can see who the bigger tool is!
i couldn't give a fok if youve looked over my previous posts, i really dont care, i think only a loser with nothing better to do would go to them lengths to try offend someone they dont know.. im just saying ur a tool and that you are pretty much dogging carlton cuz u are a pies supporter. poor poor man, in for a ******** year ******. us on the other hand :D

Thrawn said:
Well Thornton might miss half the season, and Livingston I am yet to be actually convinced by. There goes our defence this year, whatever little resistance it had against the bigger forwards is now gone. He was basically the glue to our backline, perahps the only tall that could win agianst his opponent more than once.

We're going to miss him.

I'm optimistic about his recovery. He may only miss a couple of weeks if all goes well. Atleast this gives Norman a position in defence.

bluesforever said:
i couldn't give a fok if youve looked over my previous posts, i really dont care, i think only a loser with nothing better to do would go to them lengths to try offend someone they dont know.. im just saying ur a tool and that you are pretty much dogging carlton cuz u are a pies supporter. poor poor man, in for a ******** year ******. us on the other hand :D

Wtf?

Your a bloody hypocrite, dont come on throwing accusations at me you ********stick, and ignore the fact your doing the same.

Central vic eh, dont forget to take your false teeth out before you go to bed!

This is a forum, dont like me paying out on your team, then go crawl back under your rock!

steviewonder36 said:
Wtf?

Your a bloody hypocrite, dont come on throwing accusations at me you ********stick, and ignore the fact your doing the same.

Central vic eh, dont forget to take your false teeth out before you go to bed!

This is a forum, dont like me paying out on your team, then go crawl back under your rock!
i dont really understand the falso teeth thingy... i think you are a total fokhead and your telling me all this ********, and you are a collingwood supporter, i think you should take a trip to the dentist... lol it will be a long frustrating year for you pies supporters, you are building yourself up for a big smacking all year on BF. quit while ur behind... im cruisin.

THE REAL DEAL??? hey .... back up dude it took stkilda 6-0 and a win on Subiaco oval to get that title in 2004! Lets see in the H&A yeah?

the real deal?? we'll see.....

bluesforever said:
i dont really understand the falso teeth thingy... i think you are a total fokhead and your telling me all this ********, and you are a collingwood supporter, i think you should take a trip to the dentist... lol it will be a long frustrating year for you pies supporters, you are building yourself up for a big smacking all year on BF. quit while ur behind... im cruisin.

Your foking cruisin alright, how about putting up some valid arguments you dork.

Your simply another deluded Carlscum supporter who thinks your team has turned the corner and is on the way back.

Christ your teams depth is worse than ours!

Take out Fevola and your ********ed, I remind you/pm you in September when your team is nowhere to be found!

DORK!

Real deal please!!!! dont make me laugh

Carlton vs Essendon = Essendon a side that does not care about the Wizard cup

Melbourne vs Carlton = After Playing away the week before and the travel they had to do which is partly due to the slow start to this game if there were another 10min Melbourne would of won

Western Bulldogs vs Carlton - One of the worst games I have seen the bulldogs play 2 things got Carlton over the line hear the bad umpires and no skills Western Bulldogs. it was not how good Carlton were this night but how bad the Bulldogs were.

Good to see you have an easy draw going into the final

Wait till the real season starts and see how good you go before you start saying REAL DEAL!

Truetiger said:

Melbourne vs Carlton = After Playing away the week before and the travel they had to do which is partly due to the slow start to this game if there were another 10min Melbourne would of won

Western Bulldogs vs Carlton - One of the worst games I have seen the bulldogs play 2 things got Carlton over the line hear the bad umpires and no skills Western Bulldogs. it was not how good Carlton were this night but how bad the Bulldogs were.

Wait till the real season starts and see how good you go before you start saying REAL DEAL!
Youre jealous Richmond have been rubbish for over 20 years and we can make positive steps forward after 3.
Difference between the two clubs is were winners and the Tigers arent. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truetiger said:

this garbage coming from a Tigers spitter ..err i mean supporter :rolleyes:

brilliant pies said:
yes they are but alot of sides are trying more than others. For example what have brisbane done in the last 3 years of the Wizzer Cup. nothing they dont care about it. Other sides like carlton and the bulldogs really care about it.
Carlton appears to have set itself to win the Cup where other teams who prevailed along the way, like West Coast, used the series to blood young players and try new structures and tactics. Collingwood was serious about it but didn't get past the second round. The main season's cup is contested seriously by everybody, until they are out of contention, anyway. That's why the preseason cup has such limited status even though the prize money isn't much less than the main season's. That said, Carlton played a hard, agressive style characterised by hard tackling and running. The question mark over the game plan is whether it can be maintained over a long season. Deriding the Carlton accomplishment on the ground that other teams didn't care is small minded.

Congratulations Blues on your win! A bit of extra cash to pay off your stands.
You look alot better than recent history but still alot of water to go under the bridge yet! :) :) :)

Thrawn said:

We're going to miss him.

Totally agree Thrawn!

As i said on another Thread with him in the side it's a 6-8 finish, without him its 9-12.

Also agree on Livingston, he still looks a worry down there at times though his second efforts and disposal seem to have improved slightly.

Thornton's loss will leave a hole big enough to drive a Mac Truck through.

We will need Fev and Red to kick a bag each week, as we will be letting quite a few in each week against teams with dominant big men.

Hopefully we can cover his loss til he returns, though i know whoever takes his spot wont do as good a job.

Carlton are up playing virtually their best very early in the year, but they have definately improved and I think their fans can hope for a Finals berth or go close to it this year.

Eagles are still nothing special interstate, don't have the same ruthlessness a good side will have and its quite obvious their key talls will hold them back from the Flag. Bottom half of the 8 at worst.

brilliant pies said:
yes they are but alot of sides are trying more than others. For example what have brisbane done in the last 3 years of the Wizzer Cup. nothing they dont care about it. Other sides like carlton and the bulldogs really care about it.

Like your team did a couple of years ago when they got flogged.

steviewonder36 said:
Yes I hate Carlton you moron, who doesn't.

But if dreamers like you think Carlton's worst times are over, you better prepare yourselves you maggot.

Dont call me buddy either you dh, I dont know you and glad that's soo!

I think its past this child's bed time.Night night little boy sleep the anger away.

We all know the real stuff starts in two weeks time but I'm still happy we won the W.C. Winning form is good form, and if we can take that into the season proper, it will stand us in good stead.

Carlton now has the youngest list in the league, so any experience in an atmosphere such as the one at TD last night, can only be a good thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Are The Real Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back