Carlton Done The Right

Remove this Banner Ad

Louie22

Debutant
May 30, 2004
Other Teams
Carlton
Yesterday after the 2 00 trade dead line i was furious but after calming down i was wrong, Carlton have done the right thing. We're not going to put 5 years into Thornton and just let him go for nothing and Russell also. Who do Hawthorn and Pt Ade think they are offering us pick 24,33 and 39 it was there pick 6 and 24 and pick 23 for Russell or nothing. I don't care now if we get nothing for them we're not going to get bent over but there is good chance they will stay now. Regardless what happens we have to stick with this great club.

Louie22 said:
Yesterday after the 2 00 trade dead line i was furious but after calming down i was wrong, Carlton have done the right thing. We're not going to put 5 years into Thornton and just let him go for nothing and Russell also. Who do Hawthorn and Pt Ade think they are offering us pick 24,33 and 39 it was there pick 6 and 24 and pick 23 for Russell or nothing. I don't care now if we get nothing for them we're not going to get bent over but there is good chance they will stay now. Regardless what happens we have to stick with this great club.

What if they both decide to nominate for the PSD & we do lose them for nothing?

What happens if they don't nominate for the PSD?

I'd like to leave Russell out of this one though. Wants to leave because he is homesick and we were only offered pick 39 for him. Who believes that we were better off taking pick 39 than trying to use the extra time to convince Jordan to stay?

The Old Dark Navy's said:
What happens if they don't nominate for the PSD?

I'd like to leave Russell out of this one though. Wants to leave because he is homesick and we were only offered pick 39 for him. Who believes that we were better off taking pick 39 than trying to use the extra time to convince Jordan to stay?

Where did you here #39 for him ODN?

You're dreaming if you think Thornton was worth Picks 6, 23 and 24. You're rating him above Tarrant there...

Worth a first round pick? Maybe to a team competing seriously for a flag in the next 2 years. Worth a first round + 2 2nd rounders? You might have got that for Fevola this year...mebbe..

Same as Jordan Russell..the kid hasnt DONE anything yet to be worth much. (Having said which I would of thought PA would of offered something a little better than 39)

Anyway, good luck to Thornton if he stays at the blues, I hope he puts more effort into next season than Everitt put in this season for us (There's an example of how someone played who didnt want to be there)

The Old Dark Navy's said:
Just read it in a few threads and some media speculation. I don't believe they offered a player and they certainly claimed that #23 was not on offer. God forbid, they offered #55 or something.

I read somewhere Port are soooo confident they'll get him in the PSD what they offered us was useless crud. Port believe no one else in the PSD will pick him up until their pick, so they really did not want to trade.

jj1978 said:
I read somewhere Port are soooo confident they'll get him in the PSD what they offered us was useless crud. Port believe no one else in the PSD will pick him up until their pick, so they really did not want to trade.
Shows how much they really want him if they are prepared to see if he slides to them in the PSD. I wonder how much opportunity he will get in the Port side if he is on the fringes of our side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Done The Right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back