Carlton formally request Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

So what happens when the club tells the supporters you're that crap you need a PP but don't get one?

Record memberships?

The majority of our supporters know exactly what we are up to and don't expect to get a PP. Check out twitter, facebook, the Carlton board for proof of this. They also worded the email a little bit better than that.

THat is par for your usual nonsense when defending that rabble of a football club.

Haha, speaking of usual nonsense. You can't get out of the way of your own bias for even a second. Still incapable of having a normal conversation without your damaged psyche lashing out.

There is no way the AFL could ever justify giving Brisbane one (Matthews, a director, admitted as much). This smacks to me of a clueless organisation completely bereft of any idea.

So Brisbane know they won't get one but applied anyway, but it's outlandish that Carlton did the same thing just in case. You are priceless JD. Pick an argument and stick to it.

If you don't ask, the AFL don't consider and they could grant a PP simply because Brisbane were the only one that applied. If they were thinking remotely that way, we just put doubt in their minds.

Love supporting an honest club with a winning culture. Enjoy your lot.

Thanks. I will.

Seen 5 flags. They brought me a lot of joy, as did watching some of the greats of the game run around.

We're not defined purely by our down times ... except in the eyes of a heap of haters who don't really matter.

Good on you for having an opinion though. I'll file it away somewhere fitting.

Priority pick I highly doubt will be given to us, but First round compensation if lose Kreuzer should be given as its within the rules

Melbourne got it last year, hard to see how we are any different

Frawley wasn't a borderline cripple.

Frawley was an All-Australian.

Frawley wasn't a borderline cripple.

Frawley was an All-Australian.

He was a bit underrated. Certainly ahead of Kreuzer and Leunberger.

I can't see Carlton getting a PP, Gil should've played a smarter game last year. I thought it was an easy decision last year to allocate Melbourne a PP, but then push the Frawley compo back to a second round pick. Its like Gil only sees day to day, I don't really expect him to see the long game. Gil isn't his own man.

I've obviously hit a raw nerve.

I really wish I could throw you some sort of bone so you felt your hard work was worthwhile but ... I think that nerve is dead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton don't deserve a priority pick?

How can anyone form that opinion?

It's worked out by a mystical formula that the AFL keep secret... So how would you know if we don't deserve one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reading the posts of this thread I'm not sure what people are actually arguing about. Are people saying Carlton shouldn't have requested a priority pick? They found that they fit the criteria based on historical request and applied. Absolutely the right thing was done for the club. On a different note, could just be coincidence but I thought it was funny the request came in today, the day after mark Evans said in radio when asked if Kruezer were to be offered a contract of 600k over 4 years he answered that it would be borderline on Como pick 2 or pick 19.

Priority pick I highly doubt will be given to us, but First round compensation if lose Kreuzer should be given as its within the rules

Melbourne got it last year, hard to see how we are any different
The difference is what a club is prepared to pay a player. Kruezer has played 14 games over the last 2 years. he's only played 1 season of at least 20 games over his last 6 seasons. who's paying big money for that?

So technically we got Walker, Murphy, Hampson and Kreuzer as PPs but given we would have recruited Murph and Kreuzer without the PP, it was really Walker, Kennedy, Hampson and #3.
Actually Richmond finished below you in 2007, you would not of had pick 1 to select Kreuzer without a priority pick.

Actually Richmond finished below you in 2007, you would not of had pick 1 to select Kreuzer without a priority pick.

True. Quite sure Richmond wanted Cotchin though.

Can't blame Carlton for taking a shot at it. If its part of the competition, may as well try their luck.

That being said, PP needs to go. It clearly doesn't help - if it did, Carlton would be the best team in the comp. They've got 4 priority pick players on their list and they still finished 18th. It's just sticking a finger in the dyke.

This is the first time that I and most likely many others have agreed with Mark Robinson.

Shameful stuff from Carlton.

Why is it shameful?

When is a team worthy of it?

I actually don't know myself, but are you suggesting that a team should finish last 2 years in a row? 3? 4?

I don't understand how it's "shameful" for Carlton to ask for a priority pick, but it's not for Brisbane who finished higher?

Regardless, I don't like the rule, I hate it in fact. Should just be a pure draft with no priority picks or compo for free agents. As much as I had them it's highly unfair on clubs like Essendon who should be getting pick 5, but could end up with pick 9 if Carlton got a priority and compo and same with Brisbane.

If they insist on giving compo picks to bottom clubs it should be in between the first and second round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's possibly not sensible to have a reasoned discussion in here so suspect this point may go nowhere. This point has already been made and ignored.

Brisbane and Carlton have exactly the same argument. The won the same games this year as last. In the two years prior Carlton won 2 more reg season games. It got into finals by default (bombers).

So for the grand sum of 2 more wins over 4 years Carlton is being shameful? Only if the Lions are too. Is anyone capable of reasonably applying any level of logic to that and refuting it?

Every team that wins less than 5 games per year should have a priority pick from their own home state.

Carlton to pick one Victorian kid and Brisbane and GC to pick a Queenslander.
The order of the priority picks (when it matters) should be randomly decided after Round 23.

So Carlton grab Weitering or Scache and then the Queenslanders fight over Keays and Hipwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton formally request Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back