Carlton formally request Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

They won't get it and they don't deserve it anyway.
They were irresponsible enough to chase a flag when they weren't anywhere near it now they can rebuild properly like they should have been doing already.
Mate have let go the following players who are thriving says a lot about their list management and coaching staff
Sam Jacobs (Gun Ruckman)
Betts (Gun Small Forward)
Yarran (Doing great at Melbourne)
Waite - (Erratic but playing well)

I will leave Josh Keneedy out because to get a player in the ilk of Chris Judd you got to give up something..

They need to look at developing their players to be honest Kruzer is overrated as hell. First of all he has missed 63 games because of injury not his fault but why you any club want a player who is (1) Not durable (2) Is still not proven.

The club was doing good under Ratten until they made the foolish move of getting Malthouse

Mate have let go the following players who are thriving says a lot about their list management and coaching staff
Sam Jacobs (Gun Ruckman)

I will leave Josh Keneedy out because to get a player in the ilk of Chris Judd you got to give up something..

By Yarran, you mean Garlett.

Ok yea Garlett. They were actually all good players and doing under Ratten and not surprised they all left after not connecting or trusting Malthouse.

I'm sure that thousands of Carlton supporters (including me), would be agreeing that Malthouse and the staff he had brought in ruined the club's progress going forward.

They need to look at developing their players to be honest Kruzer is overrated as hell. First of all he has missed 63 games because of injury not his fault but why you any club want a player who is (1) Not durable (2) Is still not proven.

The club was doing good under Ratten until they made the foolish move of getting Malthouse

Well it depends on what clubs are willing to offer. If Kreuzer is believed to be getting 4 year deals for something around $500,000 to $700,000, then that is something the clubs are responsible for. If Kreuzer is demanding for it, then yes that would be a problem.

I'd be desperate to keep Kreuzer, especially with the lack of good ruckmen available. He obviously gets a lot of attention because he is a number 1 pick. When he is fit, he plays to a satisfactory level. If you are wondering whether he is worth a priority pick or compensation pick, he isn't. Blues supporters don't want a pick and they know that they are not going to get one, but requesting one was the right move to make, as it encourages the AFL to reconsider fixing the flaws in the system.

And I'm pretty sure giving youngsters game experience counts as a part of the development process. Especially when the club's injury list has been one of a few issues throughout the entire season.

I'm sure that thousands of Carlton supporters (including me), would be agreeing that Malthouse and the staff he had brought in ruined the club's progress going forward.

Well it depends on what clubs are willing to offer. If Kreuzer is believed to be getting 4 year deals for something around $500,000 to $700,000, then that is something the clubs are responsible for. If Kreuzer is demanding for it, then yes that would be a problem.

I'd be desperate to keep Kreuzer, especially with the lack of good ruckmen available. He obviously gets a lot of attention because he is a number 1 pick. When he is fit, he plays to a satisfactory level. If you are wondering whether he is worth a priority pick or compensation pick, he isn't. Blues supporters don't want a pick and they know that they are not going to get one, but requesting one was the right move to make, as it encourages the AFL to reconsider fixing the flaws in the system.

And I'm pretty sure giving youngsters game experience counts as a part of the development process. Especially when the club's injury list has been one of a few issues throughout the entire season.
Yeah they are not many quality rucks going around and it takes Ruckman a good 5 years to develop even the great Dean Cox took 5 years to get to the elite status and Nic Nat came in 2009 and now we are reaping the awards. Would the blues consider trading him and someone else to get a Stefan Martin?>

Yeah they are not many quality rucks going around and it takes Ruckman a good 5 years to develop even the great Dean Cox took 5 years to get to the elite status and Nic Nat came in 2009 and now we are reaping the awards. Would the blues consider trading him and someone else to get a Stefan Martin?>

I'm not sure about that. We would most likely have to either give up pick 1 or add another two lower picks to make the trade. But Stefan Martin won't go anywhere, and rightfully so. He wouldn't hurt Brisbane like that.

Carlton are just trying to stop Brisbane from getting one. Neither team should get one as neither team was bad enough this year or has spent enough time at the bottom of the ladder.

I don't get all the doom and gloom with Brisbane in particular. At the start of the year they were supposed to have the best midfield going round, then half their list got injured and they fell to the bottom of the ladder. Sounds like a problem that will fix itself over summer.

In regards to player retention, sort that out at the trade table.

In any case 2 wins and 54% did not warrant Melbourne a priority pick in 2013.

2 worst teams in the comp over the last 11 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 10 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 9 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 8 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 7 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 6 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 5 years: Brisbane & Melbourne

Remind me again - how many Priority Picks have Melbourne had in that time? I see you are a Melbourne supporter.

Sam Jacobs (Gun Ruckman)

Sure about that champ?

I don't think you take in much that ODNs says - his podcast speech about the club was anything but regurgitation of club talking points.

Stop being so fond of your own sweeping generalisations.
I'm supposed to be aware of every comment made outside of this forum?

On this forum ODN excels in polishing every turd laid by the CFC & has done so for a decade. Thousands of posts prove that aint no generalisation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On this forum ODN excels in polishing every turd laid by the CFC & has done so for a decade. Thousands of posts prove that aint no generalisation.
So you made a generalisation with incomplete information.

Fair enough, now you know better.

2 worst teams in the comp over the last 11 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 10 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 9 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 8 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 7 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 6 years: Brisbane & Melbourne
2 worst teams in the comp over the last 5 years: Brisbane & Melbourne

Remind me again - how many Priority Picks have Melbourne had in that time? I see you are a Melbourne supporter.
We could keep going back, though that wouldn't serve your argument now would it? The rules for getting pp have changed since we last got one. Since the expansion teams came in no team has qualified for a pp. Not even a 2 win 54% Melbourne in 2013. So based on the year Brisbane have had, and the injuries they have sustained they do not deserve any draft assistance.

Brisbane would have made finals a couple of years ago if it weren't for a contentious umpiring decision at Kardinia Park.

Haha.

I just add balance to blind hatred posting. You however are stuck in the past where I held you accountable.

You don't appeal to reasoned debating. You go the shock jock approach and honestly you're a shadow of your former self, fighting hard for relevancy on an internet forum.

Good times.

Kreuzer has re-signed so that should put an end to talk of Brisbane getting a pp. Reckon the first round of the draft will pretty much stay as is (with the exception of what happens with Dangerfield)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton formally request Priority Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back