Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Still waiting for the suspenders I leant you

That was a gift for services rendered. I'm not returning them. Something old, something new, something borrowed and something very very blue.

Storm captain Harry Grant on the Blues train.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will not go on there, can you summise
Read the room, ffs BLUEALLTHRU

As if BF has an army of unpaid minions able to be at your beck and call whenever you are unable to do something yourself.

It would have to exist as a dictatorship as slave labour was outlawed a long, long time ago.

Having said that, here is what you can’t see.

IMG_0301.png

Anyone have access to Uncle Rupert’s paper? Need a volunteer to tell me what the article says …

"The Blues are confident defender Caleb Marchbank (illness) will return for Good Friday's game against the Kangaroos, with Weitering also a chance to feature, while Walsh and Jack Martin (knee) are also steadily building towards a return."

This article actually puts things on to context a bit. To Voss' own addmition, we've not been as pristine due to heavier than normal training loads whilst in season (due to the anomaly of a very early bye). They've almost treated the first two rounds as pre-season with the game against North being the launching of our season proper. Think we'll see us at full flight from round 3 onwards.

This article actually puts things on to context a bit. To Voss' own addmition, we've not been as pristine due to heavier than normal training loads whilst in season (due to the anomaly of a very early bye). They've almost treated the first two rounds as pre-season with the game against North being the launching of our season proper. Think we'll see us at full flight from round 3 onwards.

I don't think we'll be in full flight. Better shape, sure.

I'd hope that we pace ourselves. Rather they hit full flight at the business end of the season.

Next block of 3 games are ones we "should" win... North, Freo (in Adelaide) and Adelaide (at Marvel).

I'd actually go as far as to say we can't really let any of those slip although the Crows might really give us trouble depending on their form.

After that, we have a tough couple of months of games - Giants (home), Cats, Pies, Demons, Swans (away), Suns (home), Port (away)

After that we face * before getting another bye and an easier second half of the year.

I don't think we'll be in full flight. Better shape, sure.

I'd hope that we pace ourselves. Rather they hit full flight at the business end of the season.

Next block of 3 games are ones we "should" win... North, Freo (in Adelaide) and Adelaide (at Marvel).

I'd actually go as far as to say we can't really let any of those slip although the Crows might really give us trouble depending on their form.

After that, we have a tough couple of months of games - Giants (home), Cats, Pies, Demons, Swans (away), Suns (home), Port (away)

After that we face * before getting another bye and an easier second half of the year.

I think what it also demonstrates is the very deliberate and effective injury management strategy.

The club were very clear that Weiters and Martin would not be reintroduced until round 3 at the earliest, there no doubt was the discussion with each player to not try and get back any earlier than after the bye which creates a clear frame of reference.

As for Walsh there is a lot less certainty of recovery time frames but again would help Sam not try to push through to be available asap.

Sound management from the S&C team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back