Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue Matthew Kennedy says club must find its identity once again​

Presuming Kennedy is just parroting what is being spoken around the club, phrases and words being thrown around are along the lines of:
  • play with more excitement in our offence
  • be physical
  • be sound defensively
  • be aggressive, go forward
  • hunt the ball and the opposition
  • have a balanced approach
  • play on instincts
  • composure
You can throw these things around in context and they make sense, but out on the field you mark the ball, these are the takeaways you are left with running through your head and suddenly you're confused what to do next.

Honestly to me it reads as an overcomplication of mixed messaging and goes a long to explaining why there's no clear system on the field.

Presuming Kennedy is just parroting what is being spoken around the club, phrases and words being thrown around are along the lines of:
  • play with more excitement in our offence
  • be physical
  • be sound defensively
  • be aggressive, go forward
  • hunt the ball and the opposition
  • have a balanced approach
  • play on instincts
  • composure
You can throw these things around in context and they make sense, but out on the field you mark the ball, these are the takeaways you are left with running through your head and suddenly you're confused what to do next.

Honestly to me it reads as an overcomplication of mixed messaging and goes a long to explaining why there's no clear system on the field.
Beautifully said!

Don't panic.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This week Essendon celebrated the 30-year anniversary of their 1993 premiership, where the team nicknamed the ‘Baby Bombers’ claimed an iconic flag.

It’s unclear what the occasion was that prompted Carlton to get in on the act and join the pre-game festivities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said Voss will be coaching Carlton as of round 1 2024…
Thanks,
Seems as though Cook wants to keep some stability.
Will he himself stay on past his initial 3 years?
At this stage I don't think he will, but he hasn't found his successor yet so maybe.
Can't imagine there is anyone that has club CEO written all over them from inside the current admin.
As for the footy department,
how can anyone claim to be meeting kpi's.
Maybe Luke Power?
We are a cheap plastic kmart basket case!

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great article by one of the best football journalists currently going around. I am strongly of the same opinion. In Cook we trust. Thanks for sharing.

He said Voss will be coaching Carlton as of round 1 2024…
Exactly what I needed to hear, that's the strong leadership we have missed for years, it puts a full stop on all speculation. Thank God for Cook, we would have been witnessing bloodshed by now if some other bozo was in charge. Our Club, whilst not where we want it to be, is on good hands.

Stevie J!!
Commenting in footy classified.
Saying Hazza has been taught all WRONG with his setup. Should face goals st 90 degrees but sets up at 45.
Get Stevie to the club!!!
Also very clear Hutchy thinks our coach sucks and is to blame. Not the list.
He thinks wait til end of season and then...do what you need to do.
Brought up Hardwick.

Last edited:

I still see a scenario where Sanderson replaces Lloyd(or someone of his coaching and football experience ) as football manager .. be the help voss. need without actually appointing a coaches coach as Voss doesn't need training wheels .. I only keep seeing Sanderson due to the cook connection could be anyone with long football coaching history maybe it won't be from geelong or WC but believe it will be a trusted leiutenant of cook

Could you please elaborate for us who didn’t watched either last weeks or tonight’s show.
last week he said there were 2 camps in the playing group - pro Voss and against - and a rift between them....no mention of that last night.

More from what he didn't say last night, than what he did say, I feel he over-reached with his claims last week.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back