Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

All this talk Carlton and Sydney top two teams, Carlton can win the flag, our odds, all the positive media, the way we’re playing, second on the ladder etc etc, I CAN HARDLY CONTROL MYSELF

Pumped Up Smile GIF by The Roku Channel

3) Cripps is on track for Charlie No.2

If Patrick Cripps, the 2022 Brownlow winner, had been creeping up on everyone in the race for Charlie this year, he isn't anymore. While the likes of Heeney, Daicos, Bontempelli and Merrett have been the the focus of Brownlow chat this season, Cripps had quietly moved to second spot on AFL.com.au's Brownlow Predictor - which correctly tipped Lachie Neale last season - at the start of the weekend. And after a best-on-ground display against Richmond on Sunday, he should be equal leader with eight rounds to go. While individual accolades won't mean as much to the Blues skipper as the ultimate success, his game on Sunday - 40 possessions, 13 clearances and a goal - was yet another reminder of just how important he is to Carlton's fortunes this season. The heart and soul of a stunning Blues surge in the third quarter, Cripps will be a man to watch in September in more ways than one. - Martin Smith

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

3) Cripps is on track for Charlie No.2

If Patrick Cripps, the 2022 Brownlow winner, had been creeping up on everyone in the race for Charlie this year, he isn't anymore. While the likes of Heeney, Daicos, Bontempelli and Merrett have been the the focus of Brownlow chat this season, Cripps had quietly moved to second spot on AFL.com.au's Brownlow Predictor - which correctly tipped Lachie Neale last season - at the start of the weekend. And after a best-on-ground display against Richmond on Sunday, he should be equal leader with eight rounds to go. While individual accolades won't mean as much to the Blues skipper as the ultimate success, his game on Sunday - 40 possessions, 13 clearances and a goal - was yet another reminder of just how important he is to Carlton's fortunes this season. The heart and soul of a stunning Blues surge in the third quarter, Cripps will be a man to watch in September in more ways than one. - Martin Smith

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He will win

2 - Carlton
“Carlton are still at two. They’re showing signs of being capable of going all the way. But they’re building and building and looking terrific. They’ve got one wildcard called Elijah Hollands that could just separate a final for them.”

2 - Sydney
“Sydney are at two,” said Whateley.
“I made the pre-emptive strike last week, I moved Carlton to one and I'm on good terms with myself.”

Gerard Whateley says that Cripps is clearly the best captain in the AFL. They showed that great photo with Cripps celebrating after the goal yesterday and Gerard said that it would be the most fitting photo if Crippa were to win the Brownlow this year.

It is a fantastic photo. Would love to get a poster size copy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Jordan Lewis is on "on the coach". Starts off by complimenting us in a round about way. States how good our list, how many highly ranked players we gave etc.

Then frames it as 'will Carlton be deemed as a failure if they don't win a flag in the next few years".

OTC…

Not word for word but this is basically the gist of what was said….

Jordan Lewis giving us a huge wrap to win flag over next couple of years.

They talked up our role players contributing nicely and some of the newer players like Elijah and cinc giving us good depth as well.

They also mentioned our capability to score from multiple sources

They compared a few team stats averaged over last 6 weeks against swannies and we have been better in a few areas.

Looking really good to go all the way.

On another note, how good is this by Corn :tearsofjoy: Weitering's mentioned once so surely it counts as 'Carlton' in the media

I heard Kane Cornes was walking down the street and Darcy Moore came out of nowhere and kneed him. 😳

OTC…

Not word for word but this is basically the gist of what was said….

Jordan Lewis giving us a huge wrap to win flag over next couple of years.

They talked up our role players contributing nicely and some of the newer players like Elijah and cinc giving us good depth as well.

They also mentioned our capability to score from multiple sources

They compared a few team stats averaged over last 6 weeks against swannies and we have been better in a few areas.

Looking really good to go all the way.
Compared our culture to the Saints too, Saints players ignoring each other while Carlton players getting around each other celebrating and supporting each other.

It’s good that we have strong culture around the club now, it’s all very wholesome. I haven’t felt this good about the club in decades.

Jordan Lewis is on "on the coach". Starts off by complimenting us in a round about way. States how good our list, how many highly ranked players we gave etc.

Then frames it as 'will Carlton be deemed as a failure if they don't win a flag in the next few years".

I saw that. Talk about finding a negative at all costs. So many on the footy media have deep hatred of carlton.

Will make the next premiership even more fun.

I don't mind Lewis to be honest..he's far from being the worst and has the runs on the board to back up what he says.

I did like the part where they were talking about St Kilda. Lewis was talking about King, him not praising a team mate for a great tackle and what this says about the team culture. This was contrasted with one of Orazio's goals, with plenty of our boys getting around him, then Charlie running straight off the bench and running straight to Fantasia. Something small but it was a huge contrast

Hated him since he coward punched Cripps and fractured his cheek bone.

He can sit on it and rotate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back