Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed this but from all reports:

Lloyd and Caro ask stupid questions (who could have seen that coming?)

Malthouse answers well without killing any of them.

About right?

I loved in the Swann interview when Lloyd was crapping on about how we think he hates Carlton and Swann replies with 'yeah we know you hate us' or something to that effect.

everytime Caroline Wilson opens her mouth, a cloud of red descends over my eyes, i can hear my heartbeat in my ears and i inexplicably hate the world.

I think Caroline has turned me into the Hulk

I like it when she talks about essendon

We've been crying out for the players, club, administration etc to provide us with an honest assessment.
We can't have it both ways--beg for honesty and then censor them when it isn't what we want to hear.
Well said MEB, as usual. Walker wasn't offloading blame. He was answering a question that identified something lacking, and at no stage said he was not part of the problem identified. Which to me means he knows he is part of it.

Walkers skills are suffering from the second-guessing that is the hallmark of our collective lack of confidence right now, but he is one who has tried to respond with hard running and attacking the footy, which is leading by example. I think these attacks on him are way off the mark.

Not so much her going at our club, it's more that she rarely has any idea about what she is talking about and if you read her articles they are mostly unjustified claims.
If you have followed the ASADA-Essendon story you would recognize her as the only football journalist with any professional credibility at all when the story is something more than the usual speculative, ill-informed, biased, beaten up, meaningless tripe that passes for reporting in this sport. When she is in the gutter kicking whoever is furthest down with the rest of the clowns she is indeed no better than them, but when there is the chance to rise above that she does, while the others stay put.

Good question. Everybody expected us to be poor while Sydney were premiership favourites. Adelaide have been dreadful as well.
I read somewhere that Sydney have only won three of their last 11 games. Getting off very lightly I think, but does not surprise me at all. Media have both helped create and fallen for the myth that is Bloods culture, and are not about to debunk it, despite Sydney's propensity for poaching players and doing it dodgily, as with Tippett.

Just watched the FC episode. All I can say is this, if my line managers came me and repeated something similar (to what Mick said) my confidence level wouldnt change. All this talk about "we know what we have to do" "keep the faith" "believe in us" is like playing the smallest violin in the world. Most of us members couldnt give a sh%%.

I'd rather we all pause on the social media crap for one second and concentrate on basic skills like hand balling and kicking straight for starters. because if another player comes out and says, "we've trained really well, felt great, blah blah, blah"...I'm gonna loose a gasket.

All players should be temporally banned from any social media commenting from this point.

To get respect, you need to rebuild the confidence.. Heads down, and arses up moving forward...

Just watched the FC episode. All I can say is this, if my line managers came me and repeated something similar (to what Mick said) my confidence level wouldnt change. All this talk about "we know what we have to do" "keep the faith" "believe in us" is like playing the smallest violin in the world. Most of us members couldnt give a sh%%.

I'd rather we all pause on the social media crap for one second and concentrate on basic skills like hand balling and kicking straight for starters. because if another player comes out and says, "we've trained really well, felt great, blah blah, blah"...I'm gonna loose a gasket.

All players should be temporally banned from any social media commenting from this point.

To get respect, you need to rebuild the confidence.. Heads down, and arses up moving forward...

Isn't it an obligation for the club to provide coaches and players for media interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it an obligation for the club to provide coaches and players for media interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, some are...the ones like FC and Fox was by choice. The media is having a field day (good on them) I'd rather say nothing than repeat the same crap over and over again which is not strategic at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Micks attitude rubs off on the players soon! The man is a goliath and goes to bat for the club better than anyone
IN MICK I TRUST!!
Mick publicly goes into bat for and backs his players, its about time the players reciprocate this and they all air and keep their differences in house.

I know it a former west coast player that played under him and swear by how good he is to the players and has their backs.

Chin blues stand up for yourselves

I know it a former west coast player that played under him and swear by how good he is to the players and has their backs.

Chin blues stand up for yourselves

I'd say Mick had a great relationship with the vast majority of his players. Hell even players from other clubs would seek advice from Malthouse e.g Jack Watts.

I never have and still don't have an issue with Mick. I still believe in his core values and think we can learn a lot from him.

This is the pain we are going through from a toxic addiction to throwing money at solving problems.

Think of it like a drug addict waning off meth. It may be (it is) a poor analogy, but it makes sense. This is the pain we are facing for the mistakes we have made, only way for this to change is to learn from them and move forward.

Was never going to be easy obviously, but I thought Sticks struggled on "On the Couch". He was lucky Mike wasn't there imo. I lost count of the times he said "we have to stick fat"

Was never going to be easy obviously, but I thought Sticks struggled on "On the Couch". He was lucky Mike wasn't there imo. I lost count of the times he said "we have to stick fat"

And we are naught and four.

I didn't mind Kernahan. Not sure what Mike could have asked since Sheahan tends to embarass himself with his questions and Dunstall is smarter and more capable of asking the hard hitting questions.

Some of the questions that were asked in FC were ridiculous and stupid.

However Mick is just not good in the media. He has too much pride and dances around the questions too much, it takes him about 3-4 minutes too long to answer a simple question, by going on some tangent.

IMO, either Mick is too proud to say "Carlton need to rebuild now" or he's trying to instill a positive energy to the supporters. Because, for those who missed it, Mick basically said, that you can still compete against the top 4.

Some of the questions that were asked in FC were ridiculous and stupid.

However Mick is just not good in the media. He has too much pride and dances around the questions too much, it takes him about 3-4 minutes too long to answer a simple question, by going on some tangent.

IMO, either Mick is too proud to say "Carlton need to rebuild now" or he's trying to instill a positive energy to the supporters. Because, for those who missed it, Mick basically said, that you can still compete against the top 4.

No he didn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back