Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also incredibly unhappy with Walkers comments over the weekend saying how the guys on the field got quiet and the feeling was 'yuck'.

You're a senior player Walks, you're capable of speaking yourself. Don't need you airing your dirty laundry in the media. Only puts more pressure on how less than emphatic leadership group.

I loved the fact we didn't hear more of the same 'it's on us, we have to come out and play some decent footy' type rubbish. Walks has been there longer than most and he knows how bad that period was and doesn't want to go back there.' He didn't single anybody out. He stated a fact that we all recognised anyway, and as one of the leadership group, he's taking responsibility. He wants to have success and knows he is running out of time. Good on him.

Could someone please explain this to me?

I'm sure I'm being overly straight-forward, but exactly what else is there to worry about? You can't determine whether any KPI's are reasonable until you know how much someone is prepared to pay for them...

Apparently they are only just moving past the directional slideshow presentation they've presented each other :s

But did say at some point they will ask for a difinitive yes/no answer

I loved the fact we didn't hear more of the same 'it's on us, we have to come out and play some decent footy' type rubbish. Walks has been there longer than most and he knows how bad that period was and doesn't want to go back there.' He didn't single anybody out. He stated a fact that we all recognised anyway, and as one of the leadership group, he's taking responsibility. He wants to have success and knows he is running out of time. Good on him.
Singled out Daisy. Said he came to the club as a loud guy. Then went on to say that we had no one leading.

It reeks of the issues of the playing group. Too much 'someone else's problem', not enough 'I can fix this'.

If you've made a note about the fact you can't hear anyone talking, then talk for **** sake. He's a senior member of the squad, it's no good coming out the next day and having a sook.

Singled out Daisy. Said he came to the club as a loud guy. Then went on to say that we had no one leading.

It reeks of the issues of the playing group. Too much 'someone else's problem', not enough 'I can fix this'.

If you've made a note about the fact you can't hear anyone talking, then talk for **** sake. He's a senior member of the squad, it's no good coming out the next day and having a sook.

We've been crying out for the players, club, administration etc to provide us with an honest assessment. Daisy IS a loud guy, and from what I've seen, could do with being taken down a peg or two when it comes to various bits and bobs.

We can't have it both ways--beg for honesty and then censor them when it isn't what we want to hear.

Have you seen the From The Coach video? Unless you plan on projecting your dinner back out I'd not even bother.
Recieved that email today... Watched half could stand to watch the rest.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Wants to buy a recruiter from another club...

Thinks money and buying people will fix the issues at Carlton.

LoGuidice is the man who gave Juddy his investment advice that turned sour.
But but... thats Mathieson's answer to every issue isnt it?

toss dollars at it until it goes away.

Like I said... we need to get rid of Mathieson from having any form of influence around the club before he takes us back to the bad of days of Big Jack Elliott and the brown paper bags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan Connolly and his man-boobs can GAGF…but he was speaking some sense earlier tonight.

Carlton, as far as I can tell, has been obsessed with the quick-throw-some-money-at-it-fix since Ronald Dale ushered in our most successful era…

Will be very very difficult to recast such an ingrained culture, but by god, we have to...

Would love to hear from older posters on this.

We've been crying out for the players, club, administration etc to provide us with an honest assessment. Daisy IS a loud guy, and from what I've seen, could do with being taken down a peg or two when it comes to various bits and bobs.

We can't have it both ways--beg for honesty and then censor them when it isn't what we want to hear.
There's a productive way to do it.

Coming out the next day and having a whinge about the fact it's quiet? Then bloody do something about it. I am sick to death of nothing being done on the field with a week full of talking crap about how we will be better.

Andrew Walker is a senior player. He needs to be held to a higher standard.

We acquired Daisy because he was loud. We can't turn around 3 months later and tell him to stop. If we had more players with the self belief of Daisy, we wouldn't have lost on the weekend.

Can you please clarify the bits and bobs? Don't want to jump into conclusions.

I've seen and watched him closely every game, and I must say I love what I've seen so far. Sure he's far from being in AA form but the guy has barely played in 2 years with his injury almost akin to a knee reco. His work on and off the ball is A grade. His voice on the field and at the interchange bench is quality. 2nd, 3rd efforts, if only we had more than followed suit. If he stays fit, I couldn't be more happier with his signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's showing enormous restraint

No offence on your board, firstly don't like Mick, don't like Carlton. Just watched Mick on FC.

BUT...I tell you what if I wanted someone in the trenches in a war, Mick is your man. He is tough, he is a winner, you guys just have to stick with him, he will take you places.

He's showing enormous restraint

I reckon someone begged him to not be a prick, for sure.

In any case, I feel he's trying to absorb as much of the flak as he can, which I think is the right move for a coach who's been around as much as he has. He is a fighter and he's gonna have a crack at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back