Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do these f***ing clowns think that every person employed in the AFL
are answerable to them. How bloody arrogant and delusional can you get.

Last edited:
I reckon someone begged him to not be a prick, for sure.

In any case, I feel he's trying to absorb as much of the flak as he can, which I think is the right move for a coach who's been around as much as he has. He is a fighter and he's gonna have a crack at least.
We'll soon see if the players have his back or not. If they have they'll be breathing fire
on the weekend and hell bent on proving these muppets wrong!

everytime Caroline Wilson opens her mouth, a cloud of red descends over my eyes, i can hear my heartbeat in my ears and i inexplicably hate the world.

I think Caroline has turned me into the Hulk

I disagree. Don't like her going at my club, but meh, shit happens.

Ok then, some hard questions thrown at Mick on Footy Crucified. Very, very hard to Watch.

You'd think Ch9 would question our pollies with the same vigour, wouldn't you?

Quick question...

Teams play like shit all the time, every round in fact, and some for longer than four weeks...is anyone else picking up the palpable schadenfreude?
Absolutely.

No offence on your board, firstly don't like Mick, don't like Carlton. Just watched Mick on FC.

BUT...I tell you what if I wanted someone in the trenches in a war, Mick is your man. He is tough, he is a winner, you guys just have to stick with him, he will take you places.
Thanks.
No offence but I hadn't thought about the Western Bulldogs in such a long time. Thanks for reminding me that the Bulldogs still exist:cool:

I reckon someone begged him to not be a prick, for sure.

In any case, I feel he's trying to absorb as much of the flak as he can, which I think is the right move for a coach who's been around as much as he has. He is a fighter and he's gonna have a crack at least.
He couldn't come out tonight and be a prick, would just mean even more negative press IMO. I thought he handled it very well, answered questions without hesitating, gave honest answers and gave Caro and Hutchy a subtle spray when required.

Thanks.
No offence but I hadn't thought about the Western Bulldogs in such a long time. Thanks for reminding me that the Bulldogs still exist:cool:

Think we might play you on the weekend, red white blue guernseys...they'll be the one's with ball and kicking goals....:):)

But seriously, I rate Mick as the best coach going around (along with Roos), if you haven't got anything else right you got Mick's appointment right. You'll be back - unfortunately:)

Rohan Connolly and his man-boobs can GAGF…but he was speaking some sense earlier tonight.

Carlton, as far as I can tell, has been obsessed with the quick-throw-some-money-at-it-fix since Ronald Dale ushered in our most successful era…

Will be very very difficult to recast such an ingrained culture, but by god, we have to...

Would love to hear from older posters on this.

I'm not sure how this is relevant comment in contemporary times. I hear a lot of negative comments about Carlton's culture. I just don't see the point any longer. Sure 30 years ago you could throw a truckload of money at stars from interstate and maintain your position on the ladder. But now you have to deal with the draft and the salary cap and hope for some luck.

At season's end about a quarter of the list will be moved on. Hopefully we can take advantage of a free agent and a trade or two to net a decent footballer. Draft some good kids into the club. That's how it works these days and I think the people in charge are not thinking we're Carlton, we've got a truckload of money and that's the key to success these days.

Why isn't Sydney get hammered by the press, they just as bad and they have Buddy and have only won one game.
We win this week and the flucked ducks lose again... suddenly the media spotlight will move north of the border... until we lose again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching Footy Classified and sorry for the intrusion .. gee some of the questions they put to Malthouse and just plain stupid..

That question from Carro questioning his health and is he is embarrassed of his behavior.. That's Mick, that is how he coaches, no-one had a problem with it when he was winning games. Even Lloyd, a lot of respect for Malthouse for not jumping over the desk and putting the panel in armbars.

Malthouse should of ended the segment with;

"I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it easier To find out how full of shit they are..."

That segment only furthered my belief that Mick is there for the long run and is serious about getting this club a flag.

The parts about the state of the list and this season were all about tip toeing around the issue though, but for Mick to say he has no confidence in the list would take the player's confidence to beyond catastrophic levels, so I can see why he can't do that.

They really got into MM on footy classified. But for the first time in a while im happy to hear honesty. He seemed genuine.

Just watching Footy Classified now (no Premier League tonight) and have finished the Mick Malthouse interview. Here in the UK, I am often very critical of the low standard of our football analysis but whether or not you guys like Hutchy and Caro, etc, that was one of the most compelling pieces of television (in terms of sports panel shows) I can remember. If Carlton had been 0 and 4 with no coach or another coach, media pundits would be falling over themselves to say that Mick would be the ideal man (along with Roos, Lyon or Clarkson - forgive me for my rookie-level knowledge of AFL) to get the team out of it. He was certainly no shrinking violet and gave it back in spades to the panel. He said the players hadn't seen those shots of him going mad in the coaching box. I damn well hope for your club that they watch that interview and see the steel, the passion and the knowledged Mick has in spades and start applying some of those attributes themselves on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back