Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was listening to Mick on 5AA in Adelaide while driving to work this arvo. I only got to listen to half the interview, but did notice Malthouse really pumping up this season as "new", such as it being a "new beginning in 2015 for Carlton". Must be the media message they are trying to put out there at the moment.

Just for interests sake, does Carlton get much media attention on free to air in Victoria? FoxFooty is basically the only way to access footy this far north. Maybe I'm biased but feel we are hardly ever discussed and when we are it is superficial and follows the same narrative (no depth, no prospects). Am I paranoid about an Eddie agenda! or is just a bottom 8 thing...

Another concern for Ralph at the Blues is new recruit Blaine Boekhorst who has not been selected to play against the Tigers.

“Silvagni thought that they wasted that pick,” revealed Ralph.

Not buyin' it.

I do agree with him that none of our forwards have been setting the world on fire goal kicking wise though.

Not buyin' it.

I do agree with him that none of our forwards have been setting the world on fire goal kicking wise though.

They need justify why Carlton will be no good this year.

Carlton used to rely on Betts and Waite way too much and we didn't have a healthy spread of goal kickers.

Hendo only played 17 games last year too.... and he played sore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They need justify why Carlton will be no good this year.

Carlton used to rely on Betts and Waite way too much and we didn't have a healthy spread of goal kickers.

Hendo only played 17 games last year too.... and he played sore.

I understand what you're saying, but if we judge us on our 2014 form we didn't replace the goals of Betts or Garlett. I'm hoping that we can do it this year and that Hendo is back to his best, but we will obviously need to wait and see.

I understand what you're saying, but if we judge us on our 2014 form we didn't replace the goals of Betts or Garlett. I'm hoping that we can do it this year and that Hendo is back to his best, but we will obviously need to wait and see.

Also, Hendo played back in defence a couple of times.

Hendo could easily be a 50 goal year forward.

Henderson really needs to stand up this year, and make the forward line his own, if he can click then we have plenty of back up for him, in Levi, Jones, etc.

Yeah I know. All I said was judging on 2014 they didn't set the world on fire. Which they didn't. I hope that turns around this year.

I think it will, Garlett wasn't really in the mood last year. Menzel kept being played as sub. Hendo was injured... Waite was Waite. Daisy was out of form.

We also need to consider the fact that MM kept moving everyone around so there was no consistency.

I reckon we'll be right this year.

And our mids are pretty decent in front of the goal (unless its daisy 5 meters plum out)

I also think that Jones is worth 2 goals a game.

I think it will, Garlett wasn't really in the mood last year. Menzel kept being played as sub. Hendo was injured... Waite was Waite. Daisy was out of form.

I reckon we'll be right this year.

And our mids are pretty decent in front of the goal (unless its daisy 5 meters plum out)

I also think that Jones is worth 2 goals a game.

I hope you're right LR! :)
Like you said, we relied too heavily on Betts and Waite. I'd hate to see us make the same mistake again and think that all of our goals will come from Hendo and Menzel. We need to spread it around and have everyone fit and firing at once (fingers crossed!)

Like you said, we relied too heavily on Betts and Waite. I'd hate to see us make the same mistake again and think that all of our goals will come from Hendo and Menzel. We need to spread it around and have everyone fit and firing at once (fingers crossed!)

I fear you may be right Mebby

Our mids need to kick more goals too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back