Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a thread for supporters of big boy AFL clubs on 16 flags. You don't have the necessary credentials to be posting in here sorry.
Out you go. Best of luck with the rebuild.
You all get behind that pussycat guy and want to change the rules again, bunch of primmadonna's.

The thread title isn't clear, 'better' is subjective. However, the criteria in the original post defines better as finishing higher. While the terminology doesn't exactly match official regulations, I don't think there's any reasonable argument that OP meant something different to what is common knowledge that the AFL ladder determines team rankings (and the way rankings are adjusted after the finals series).

You can if 'better' is defined by finishing higher, unless you seriously think you could argue that could have meant something other than the way the AFL determines team rankings at the end of the season...?

*I don't know where the first 2024 version post is, but unless the original criteria was changed, here it is:

View attachment 2072052

And rather than argue back and forth using made up definitions, there's this handy resource that can settle the debate:

AFL Regulations

View attachment 2072046

I'm all for the banter, but some serious time has been spent seemingly in a genuine attempt to argue 'better' as being measured by the head to head results... comes across as quite stupid or embarrassingly incapable of accepting (probable but not yet final) defeat.
Wosh did not start this thread and that is not the original post (refers to 2023... it's 2024!!)

Think the original thread was started by a Collingwood supporter who no longer posts, and I think the OP just referred to being "better"

Unless someone has a copy of the real OP we'll never know 😆

Wosh did not start this thread and that is not the original post (refers to 2023... it's 2024!!)

Think the thread was started by a Collingwood supporter who no longer posts

Unless someone has a copy of the real OP we'll never know 😆
Just go back to see how excited you all got when you were higher than Carlton for a week, the answer is there.

Collingwood get their chance next year when they cop a bottom 6 draw and we don't. Won't see me complaining EVERY SINGLE DAY, about how soft the Pies fixture will be. It is what it is
They won the premiership and expect a draw the same as ours lol.

Collingwood get their chance next year when they cop a bottom 6 draw and we don't. Won't see me complaining EVERY SINGLE DAY, about how soft the Pies fixture will be. It is what it is
With a Dads Army list, no depth, no draft picks, not making the 8 and Tassie coming in I dont think anyone has to worry about Collingwood contending again for many years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In hindsight you might be correct, but go back and review what was being said about Collingwood leading into the 2022 season.

Powerhouse clubs find a way to rejuvenate quickly.
Going to be hard without a first round pick and Tassie coming in, this is a bad time to be down the lower half of the ladder.

In hindsight you might be correct, but go back and review what was being said about Collingwood leading into the 2022 season.

Powerhouse clubs find a way to rejuvenate quickly.
That was when your list was average age of 25. Now it's the oldest list in the comp at around 28 av.
Do Collingwood even have a list manager ?

Going to be hard without a first round pick and Tassie coming in, this is a bad time to be down the lower half of the ladder.
Carlton have the 6th oldest list. They are struggling to make the 8 and can't beat a cooked Collingwood.😂
Still totally reliant on an ageing, battered Cripps and the coach clearly has no tactical nous.
When, (not if), Carlton find themselves in the same old boat next year..i.e... ( struggling to make the 8 and choking in big games)..Maybe then it might dawn on Carlton folk that their next rebuild is going to be smack bang in the middle of the Tassie compromised drafts.😂
Ouch.

Didn't the Pies just win a flag despite burning like 7 first round picks in 10 years? Competing is easy when your club has the talent ID to find bargain premiership players. Don't need to blow 7.5 million on Zach Williams and Jack Martin

Carlton have the 6th oldest list. They are struggling to make the 8 and can't beat a cooked Collingwood.😂
Still totally reliant on an ageing, battered Cripps and the coach clearly has no tactical nous.
When, (not if), Carlton find themselves in the same old boat next year..i.e... ( struggling to make the 8 and choking in big games)..Maybe then it might dawn on Carlton folk that their next rebuild is going to be smack bang in the middle of the Tassie compromised drafts.😂
Ouch.
Curnow, Mckay and Weitering still have 5 years, Walsh Cerra and both Hollands plenty. Tassie won't be a bother for us after having to go through Gold Coast and Gws coming in and we have a few very good F/S's coming up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back