Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see posters who haven't been here all season join the pile on. Saad unaccountable? Saved us about five goals with his defensive efforts against your lot a fortnight ago,
Cost you the game by leaving Higgins unattended for the final goal noddy.

60-0 is historic stuff, we'll never see that in a final again (unless Carlton get back there one day)

Of course anyone else would have done better

Terrible team selection and management reflected on the field, a full choke from a mentally fragile club
giphy.gif

60-0 is historic stuff, we'll never see that in a final again (unless Carlton get back there one day)

Of course anyone else would have done better

Terrible team selection and management reflected on the field, a full choke from a mentally fragile club
So the difference between the Geelong/ Collingwood 2020 final where the pies had kicked 1 solitary for the first half - any better ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh so you were just trolling? Got it
Can someone please explain Carlton supporters’ fascination with Fadge’s “16th” prediction, and why it’s been referenced probably a thousand times in this thread?

Like, somehow the fact it was a joke post has gone over their collective heads a thousand times?

The post was a tongue-in-cheek retort made after Collingwood’s 1-3 and Carlton’s 2-0 starts…specifically designed to place Carlton’s two opponents to that stage in 17th and 18th, and the three teams who beat the Pies in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

This fact hasn’t once dawned on any of you at all, not even a little bit?

Can someone please explain Carlton supporters’ fascination with Fadge’s “16th” prediction, and why it’s been referenced probably a thousand times in this thread?

Like, somehow the fact it was a joke post has gone over their collective heads a thousand times?

The post was a tongue-in-cheek retort made after Collingwood’s 1-3 and Carlton’s 2-0 starts…specifically designed to place Carlton’s two opponents to that stage in 17th and 18th, and the three teams who beat the Pies in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

This fact hasn’t once dawned on any of you at all, not even a little bit?
This is a banter thread mate, none of us actually care.

Are you looking for an excuse as to why Collingwood kicked 1 goal in a finals game up to half time , will add their score was 1.1.7 at 3/4 time , and you reckon Carltons performance was way worse ? Cmon mate, own it.
Ok I'll spell it out for you

The week before, having finished 8th we travelled to Perth, had to stay indoors for 7 days while they called us Dirty Pies, then went out and beat 5th placed Eagles by 1 point in an incredible final

Screenshot_20240908-133324_Chrome.jpg

Blues finished 8th, had a bye, no quarantine and travelled to Brisbane on their own terms, not being called Dirty Blues, went out there and were 0-60 in the worst finals performance ever 😆

Ok I'll spell it out for you

The week before, having finished 8th we travelled to Perth, had to stay indoors for 7 days while they called us Dirty Pies, then went out and beat 5th placed Eagles by 1 point in an incredible final

View attachment 2104988

Blues finished 8th, had a bye, no quarantine and travelled to Brisbane on their own terms, not being called Dirty Blues, went out there and were 0-60 in the worst finals performance ever 😆
1.1.7 to 3/4 time. That's worse I don't care which way you spin it.

I'd still take our season over the Wobblers. Yes we started the final itself about as well as the local Auskickers, but you'd take the chance at a final every time. Game was pretty much lost before it started because of some of the most inept decision making and planning I've ever seen at AFL level. Imagine if we actually get our acts together there. Gonna be a shake up of staff needed over the off season. Onwards and upwards :thumbsu:

I don't care about the footy, i just wanted to win this thread.

So that's really sad. You're not even hiding that fact you're happy with this mediocrity. I'm just wondering if Carlton next year make finals or finish bottom 4. Your coach after the press conference didn't seem to unhappy. I can tell you Mitchell would've been disconsolate as **** if Hawks had produced that.

So that's really sad. You're not even hiding that fact you're happy with this mediocrity. I'm just wondering if Carlton next year make finals or finish bottom 4. Your coach after the press conference didn't seem to unhappy. I can tell you Mitchell would've been disconsolate as **** if Hawks had produced that.
This thread is about which team had a better season - that's it. How are you not getting that? Carlton could have finished 17th and Collingwood 18th and you'd get the same reactions in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back