Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, be more biased - 'ed allan will be a jet!!!11' - Carrolls VFL & AFL stats shit all over Ed Allen, but sure bro.
Allan was always going to be a longer-term prospect. 194cm ball winner who runs like the wind blows. Won't be easy to forget his name in time.

The Brisbane Lions dynasty squad, who Collingwood have beaten the last 3 times we've played them, and 2 of the top 3 in their B&F are 35 and 31 years old?

Also, nice of you to highlight how much of a difference maker Daicos is. 👍

Chest beating over H&A wins over them is pathetic - they lost 8 games this year as they were ravaged by injury. Yet they still improved since 2023, and will do so again in 2025 with a full pre-season from Ashcroft, the addition of another Ashcroft + an academy player, and the return of guys like Coleman. The acquisition of Houston will not outweigh that, you finished 9th.

We literally had expansion teams affect two drafts in succession and nobody was affected. Why would anyone be scared of Tassie?

Lol maybe because they did their best to load up on picks before the compromised draft, kinda like they're doing now?

You better call every list manager in the league then, because they're all falling over themselves to trade into this draft & out of the upcoming ones. They need to know that adammania9 has some special tips.

Allan was always going to be a longer-term prospect. 194cm ball winner who runs like the wind blows. Won't be easy to forget his name in time.

He will request a trade just like your only other half-decent youngster Ed Richards probably.

We still might get Houston yet but we are not relying on it, you blokes are sounding desperate and only want him because you think it's a win over Carlton.
Nah. He, along with Perryman legitimately shifts the needle for us.

Screwing over you guys is just the cherry on top.

Pies recruiting department needs to go, they’ve recruited two backmen and neglected the fwd line which is a massive weakness.

Might as well have thrown those picks away.

Idk how Fadge will cope with next years failure, I’m sure he’ll find a way though with his 100+ year old Collingwood flag newspapers.

Chest beating over H&A wins over them is pathetic - they lost 8 games this year as they were ravaged by injury. Yet they still improved since 2023, and will do so again in 2025 with a full pre-season from Ashcroft, the addition of another Ashcroft + an academy player, and the return of guys like Coleman. The acquisition of Houston will not outweigh that, you finished 9th.
Brisbane improve courtesy of a full season from Ashcroft, but Collingwood having lost 73 games between 6 of our best 15 can't expect any improvement on our 2024 performance, in which we beat Brisbane twice (including one of their only two losses in their last 16 games).

That's quite brilliant analysis.

Lol maybe because they did their best to load up on picks before the compromised draft, kinda like they're doing now?

You better call every list manager in the league then, because they're all falling over themselves to trade into this draft & out of the upcoming ones. They need to know that adammania9 has some special tips.

He will request a trade just like your only other half-decent youngster Ed Richards probably.
Ahhhhh some examples, cobber? Not a single top 30 pick moved hands in 2008.

A few early picks moved in 2009 - including Brisbane trading down for Fevola, Hawthorn trading down for Shaun Burgoyne, Essendon trading down for Mark Williams, Collingwood trading down for Darren Jolly and St Kilda trading down for Andrew Lovett. Doesn't sound like many clubs prioritised getting in early before the expansion drafts.

And with those picks that moved, Port Adelaide lucked out on Andrew Moore and Jasper Pittard, and Carlton on Kane Lucas. The lone success story was Sydney with Jetta.

What is that last sentence supposed to mean?

Brisbane improve courtesy of a full season from Ashcroft, but Collingwood having lost 73 games between 6 of our best 15 can't expect any improvement on our 2024 performance, in which we beat Brisbane twice (including one of their only two losses in their last 16 games).

That's quite brilliant analysis.

Nah, you're being lazy:

• Full pre-season + season from W Ashcroft
  • Acquisition of another Ashcroft (top 5 pick)
  • Acquisition of some other gun academy player (top 5 pick)
  • Return of K Coleman
  • Natural improvement from their younger brigade of Lohman, Morris, Wilmot

Cute that you're using injuries as an excuse, now do games lost for Carlton - will you be giving us the luxury of expected improvement? Doubt it.

Carlton also beat Brisbane during the H&A season, before they had any injuries. You pipped them when they were on a 3 game losing streak to open the year. You were lucky to roll them at the end of the year @ the 'G when you had everything to play for - means nothing. They were a far superior side this year to you, regardless of injuries.

Pies recruiting department needs to go, they’ve recruited two backmen and neglected the fwd line which is a massive weakness.

Might as well have thrown those picks away.

Idk how Fadge will cope with next years failure, I’m sure he’ll find a way though with his 100+ year old Collingwood flag newspapers.
If you paid any attention to footy dirty mop you'd know that it was our backline that was our weakness this year. Forward line worked well.
And I'm sure Fadge (like everyone else) will get a laugh out of watching the Tigers get the back to back spoon next year.

Cute that you're using injuries as an excuse, now do games lost for Carlton - will you be giving us the luxury of expected improvement? Doubt it.
I've already done it for Carlton. They had 2 of their best 15 miss more than 6 games - for a total of 34 games.

Collingwood had 6 of their best 15 miss more than 6 games - for a total of 73 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of them have already ditched the Blues and are riding the Lions 🦁 instead in 2025

Nah, just reckon they will be seriously hard to beat over the next 3-4 years. Ashcroft looks unbelievable, and now they're getting a 2nd one who is just as good. Their kids look good and will improve, can't see their elder brigade slowing down all that much.

Losing Daniher is a worry but the modern game seems to be moving away from reliance on KPF's anyway.

There is zero chance Collingwood or Carlton will catch them next year, unless they get smashed by injuries.

I've already done it for Carlton. They had 2 of their best 15 miss more than 6 games - for a total of 34 games.

Collingwood had 6 of their best 15 miss more than 6 games - for a total of 73 games.

That would be a funny analysis to look at, send me the spreadsheet.

In all honesty, that's one of the most lazy, shortsighted exercises I can think of. But unsurprising from you, you have great potential to put that VCE Maths score to use, for a profession in forensic analysis however you're only willing to go 20% of the journey.

How many other factors come into play when it comes to injuries?

• Who was the opposition?
  • What was their form like?
  • What was the depth coverage in the position said player was injured?
  • How strong was the opposition in the position where our best option was injured? Did they expose us/you?
  • Regarding 'non-best 15' - were any of those injured? If so, who covered the best players position?
  • You decided to make up 'best 15', what about 'best 5'? Who had more games lost then?
  • Which players had niggles or played a bit hurt?
  • Weather conditions for that day? Perhaps your tall players going down on a wet day isn't really applicable.

There's probably an infinite amount of variables, but you come up with some full-stop one to make it look like Collingwood had the worst injury run of all time.

Put the account on the line. Pies will finish below Carlton in 2025.
I'd be happy to take on a similar bet with you.

My preference, rather than ones account, the loser would replace their avatar with the Pies or Blues club logo and have a signature in standard font size stating Pies are the Best or opposite in the rare chance Blues win more home and away games in 2025.

Are you that confident that the Blues will be better than the Pies in 2025?

Nah, just reckon they will be seriously hard to beat over the next 3-4 years. Ashcroft looks unbelievable, and now they're getting a 2nd one who is just as good. Their kids look good and will improve, can't see their elder brigade slowing down all that much.

Losing Daniher is a worry but the modern game seems to be moving away from reliance on KPF's anyway.

There is zero chance Collingwood or Carlton will catch them next year, unless they get smashed by injuries.
Daniher is a MASSIVE loss imo, his GF went under the radar a bit

My preference, rather than ones account, the loser would replace their avatar with the Pies or Blues club logo and have a signature in standard font size stating Pies are the Best or opposite in the rare chance Blues win more home and away games in 2025.

See the issue with this is I don't have a problem with the Pies fans in general... I have an issue with King Troll Fudgey. Chief has already said he'll enforce a closing of ones account if Fudgey is willing to step up to the table... But I highly doubt he is.

Fudgey is happy just throwing pot shots from the bleachers but never putting anything on the line.

That would be a funny analysis to look at, send me the spreadsheet.

In all honesty, that's one of the most lazy, shortsighted exercises I can think of. But unsurprising from you, you have great potential to put that VCE Maths score to use, for a profession in forensic analysis however you're only willing to go 20% of the journey.

How many other factors come into play when it comes to injuries?

• Who was the opposition?
  • What was their form like?
  • What was the depth coverage in the position said player was injured?
  • How strong was the opposition in the position where our best option was injured? Did they expose us/you?
  • Regarding 'non-best 15' - were any of those injured? If so, who covered the best players position?
  • You decided to make up 'best 15', what about 'best 5'? Who had more games lost then?
  • Which players had niggles or played a bit hurt?
  • Weather conditions for that day? Perhaps your tall players going down on a wet day isn't really applicable.

There's probably an infinite amount of variables, but you come up with some full-stop one to make it look like Collingwood had the worst injury run of all time.
Indeed there are variables, feel free to do your own analysis.

But I'm comfortable that Collingwood, given their list profile and recent performances, can AGAIN contend in 2025 with an even run with injuries.

I am equally confident that Carlton, given their list profile and recent performances, will AGAIN fail to contend with an even run with injuries.

Beware the welching supporter base...

See the issue with this is I don't have a problem with the Pies fans in general... I have an issue with King Troll Fudgey. Chief has already said he'll enforce a closing of ones account if Fudgey is willing to step up to the table... But I highly doubt he is.

Fudgey is happy just throwing pot shots from the bleachers but never putting anything on the line.
I just love the banter, the many decades long rivalry - its a fun bet, but, probably a little unfair on my behalf... as Pies will be better.

though well, offer is there.

If you paid any attention to footy dirty mop you'd know that it was our backline that was our weakness this year. Forward line worked well.
And I'm sure Fadge (like everyone else) will get a laugh out of watching the Tigers get the back to back spoon next year.

Isn’t Mihocek’s shoulder cooked? Who’s your KPF gonna be?

Also idk how your backline was the weakness, Moore, Quaynor, Maynard, Daicos (sometimes) are elite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back