Carlton kids who would get a game at Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Dreamin'...out of the two kicks I've seen Watson kick, one was over Lloyds head and the other was a grubber along the ground.

I've seen Russell hit targets.

So in actual fact Russell>>>>Watson
It was because Lloyd had taken another dive trying to milk another free kick!

At least I provided some statistics....unlike your mate!

Besides, if you can understand basic math, from what I have seen, Watson has a 0% kicking efficiency.

t00L:thumbsu:

You stated that you have seen him kick the ball twice in his career. Do you even realise how stupid you sound and look? Nah i wouldn't think so.

You deadset muppet.

You stated that you have seen him kick the ball twice in his career. Do you even realise how stupid you sound and look? Nah i wouldn't think so.

You deadset muppet.[/quote]
Cute cuddly fun guys everyone loves - I could handle that!

You wish!.... :thumbsdown:
When was the last time Josh Fraser put in the second efforts at ground level that Kreuzer does ? Or win a game off his own boot like Kreuz did for us againt Port ?

And? Josh Fraser kicked 3 goals in a Grand Final.

Kruezer isnt a ruckmans arseh*le much like Fraser. His strengths are elsewhere. They are identical.

My (attempted) unbiased view.. Assuming both clubs are focusing on playing the best/future-orientated players.
Carlton players under 24 who would get a game at Essendon:
Matthew Kreuzer
Bryce Gibbs
Marc Murphy
Andrew Walker
Michael Jamison

Essendon players under 24 who would get a game at Carlton:
Alwyn Davey
Bachar Houli
Leroy Jetta
Sam Lonergan
Angus Monfries
Kyle Reimers
Henry Slattery
Paddy Ryder
Jobe Watson

That's excluding players like Jay Neagle, Scott Gumbleton, Courtenay Dempsey, David Myers and Tayte Pears who have been injured too much to say for sure

And just so it's clear, i went through both lists and considered their abilities and whether they would fit into the other ones' sides.

Betts is better than Leroy by a mile at the moment so i don't see how you view is unbiased. and out of the players you mentioned above that would fit the carlton side, I would agree with Alwyn Davey and Patrick Rider, pass on the rest you can keep them. I also like the look of Myers, and haven't seen much of gumbleton so i can't judge on him.

Betts is better than Leroy by a mile at the moment so i don't see how you view is unbiased. and out of the players you mentioned above that would fit the carlton side, I would agree with Alwyn Davey and Patrick Rider, pass on the rest you can keep them. I also like the look of Myers, and haven't seen much of gumbleton so i can't judge on him.

Every side can and IMO should accommodate two crumbing forwards, Betts and Jetta would be a very exciting forward line.

You deadset muppet.

Bit of an exaggeration by me to say I've only seen Jobe kick it twice in his career....but still, my argument still stands that Russells' kicking >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dog s**t>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your hair straightener>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jobes' kicking.

Otherwise, prove me wrong dips**t!

Bit of an exaggeration by me to say I've only seen Jobe kick it twice in his career....but still, my argument still stands that Russells' kicking >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dog s**t>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your hair straightener>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jobes' kicking.

Otherwise, prove me wrong dips**t!

This is an uneducated misconception, Jobe's kicking improved dramatically this year, still not near elite effectiveness but around 75%. Jobe's main flaw is his pace, he gets the clearance, then runs forward ball gets turned over and he is exposed on the rebound.

betts
warnock
jamison
bower
grigg

would all be starters at essendon.
plus the triple entente of numero uno's.

and this is about players drafted from 2005 onwards isn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah you're right, Betts is better (at this stage). In my defence, Alwyn Davey would be picked ahead of Betts in any team, and Leroy has only been in the starting 22 when Alwyn's been injured. So while Betts is better than Jetta, I am happy with Davey and Jetta. Having said that, I've revised my list after some consideration. While I maintain that Lonergan and Watson will be gun clearance players, I realise they might not really fit into Carlton's midfield. So here it is:

Carlton players under 24 who would get a game at Essendon:
Matthew Kreuzer
Bryce Gibbs
Marc Murphy
Andrew Walker
Michael Jamison
Eddie Betts

Essendon players under 24 who would get a game at Carlton:
Alwyn Davey
Bachar Houli
Leroy Jetta
Angus Monfries
Kyle Reimers
Henry Slattery
Paddy Ryder

People have criticised a few of my selections, so I'll explain my reasoning...

Houli/Jetta: Jetta would form a very formidable forward line with Betts. Houli would be a quality half-back flanker at the blues.
Monfries: As displayed against the blues earlier this year, Monfries has the ability to be an extremely damaging lead-up HFF, and kick 4-5 goals along the way. Would be invaluable at Carlton.
Reimers: Has the rare ability to play back, middle and forward, and be just as damaging no matter where. Has x-factor, and would bolster Carlton's young stocks, adding flexibility.
Slattery: Much maligned, but is Essendon's best small defender; something Carlton lack also.

Come on JC, nobody in their right mind could defend Jobe's kicking.

It's like arguing that Tony Mokbel is a legit business man.[/quote]
He is running a great card game in the slammer.

Your average Carlton flog reckons their kids are the best in the league by miles and miles.

Unfortunately, some of the resident riff raff of BigFooty have started to believe this and have subsequently had the wool pulled over their eyes; even stooping as low as to believe some of the tripe that is sprouted by every Tom, Dick and Harry Carlton nuff nuff.

Let's face it - those of us in the know, are fully aware that their kids are grossly overrated and I'm here to uncover the truth about their kids, grim though it may be.

Take Essendon for example, I find it humorous when Carlton fans honestly believe that their kids are better than the Don's youth brigade, even when they had their pants so emphatically pulled down by the same "talentless hacks from Windy Hill" twice in the one season.

After examining Carlton's list of younger players, I have pin pointed the exact amount of players who would get a game at Essendon:

Bryce Gibbs
Marc Murphy
Matthew Kruezer

Interestingly enough, I performed the exact same test for Essendon's younger players who would get a game at Carlton and the list read:

Paddy Ryder
Brent Stanton
Angus Monfries
Scott Gumbleton
Jay Neagle
Bachar Houli
Leroy Jetta
Sam Lonergan
David Myers
Tayte Pears
Kyle Reimers
Brent Prismall
Courtenay Dempsey

Another interesting fact occurring in both of Carlton's losses to Essendon this season was that Fev kicked 15 goals over the two games and yet they still somehow lost twice.

Carlton are so desperate for a key forward they would roll out poor Scotty Gumbleton in his wheel-chair, and he'd still do a better job than Brad "can't kick" Fisher.

In conclusion, it is pretty evident that Carlton still have a long way to go (as evidenced by their 10th position placing) and that their kids are not as good as they are cracked up to be.
3/4 of your list wouldn't get a kick in a karate fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton kids who would get a game at Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back