Carlton or Fremantle - Who finishes 8th?

Remove this Banner Ad

More I think about, blues easy. Already have better %. Kangas will likely win by a few goals plus over Freo. I think Blues will end up with quite a % advantage.
Saints not that dangerous. Saints will rest and relax a little, plus Blues have guns running ontop of the ground after forced layoffs. Murphy, Judd, Waite, Robinson, Simpson, Carrazzo all fresh.
Carlton will be very dangerous in finals. Rarely does a team enter with so many important players fresh after layoff. That's why we just saw a 96 point whipping.
Think Ratten and Blues haters might be in for an interesting month.

Wishful thinking. Saints will send some players off for surgery and then play a number of younger players to assess where they are at, in relation to trading, keeping and delisting. This is not the game where injured players will play as we need it to get into the final eight, it is a time for the club to work on its future list.

If I was Carlton I would be very confident and if I was Fremantle, what delicious payback for Ro$$ Lyin.
i think you mean, if you were st kilda, what delicious payback for ross lyon, as if you were freo you wouldn't give a **** and would be looking instead to first beat north and then the dees.

scotty watters might do his old club a favour and not take the foot off they pedal. he doesn't strike me as the type of coach who goes into games less than 100%, which is something you should be please about. brendan goddard might also want to play well, knowing his efforts will benefit his new club. that'll set up a nice welcome for him when he heads west at the end of the year.

Not sure why people are talking percentage. We can only make it if Freo lose one, and we win both. Freo won't win by enough to overcome a drop in percentage from a loss, compared to 2 wins from Carlton (one against GC, and we're already ahead).

It all comes down to points - can we make up a game? North are our only chance. They win, and any margin win against Saints would see us take 8th you would think.

Probably Carlton.
We're playing consistently without really playing to full potential.

Only against Geelong and WC have we put a full game together, although yesterday was good with rubbish finishing.

We have a shot and will give NM a run probably without getting the points.

Think the next two years are where it's at for us.

the most annoying thing is that if last nights margin is reversed and coll win then carlton were guaranteed to be in the 8 providing they beat gc,**** i detest collingwood so much i cant find an adjective to describe the hatred i have for them

If anyone can stuff it up Freo can

Dunno, your team has done a pretty good job of stuffing things up for so many years. Wasn't this Carlton's year for a tilt at a premiership? I'm sure your coach went on the record saying just that. How does that compare as far as "stuff-ups" go?

Goddard will not be going anywhere. From the horses mouth.
i was just being facetious, forgot to put one of these at the end of my rant ;)
in any case, nothing's been signed yet and the saints are doing everything they can to convince him, ie. he's still undecided.

the most annoying thing is that if last nights margin is reversed and coll win then carlton were guaranteed to be in the 8 providing they beat gc,**** i detest collingwood so much i cant find an adjective to describe the hatred i have for them

love the way people complain about other teams not doing something so they can make the 8. You make the 8 because your team does what is required and deserves to be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lets continue this discussion next week

If we don't win next week it will be our own doing and then somehow if we do make finals we will be only making up numbers. NM are going to be very difficult to beat, but the winner of that game (and NM if we do happen to win) will cause some major problems for the rest of the finalists.

Dunno, your team has done a pretty good job of stuffing things up for so many years. Wasn't this Carlton's year for a tilt at a premiership? I'm sure your coach went on the record saying just that. How does that compare as far as "stuff-ups" go?

massive chip on your shoulder. must be tough carrying that around.There are obvious mitigating circumstances to the season we had. considering freo has not gotten much luck injury wise in recent years you would think you would understand..obviously not.

We've been pretty good at making finals recently. Can't say the same for you guys

massive chip on your shoulder. must be tough carrying that around.There are obvious mitigating circumstances to the season we had. considering freo has not gotten much luck injury wise in recent years you would think you would understand..obviously not.

No chip at all. Simply a retort to a low blow from one of your supporters.

Sorry but the injury line is just another excuse.

West Coast have stayed in or close to the top 4 all year with more injuries than Carlton. So has Collingwood. Essendon stayed in the top 8 until this week despite having even more injuries than West Coast and Collingwood. And Hawthorn had more injuries than most other clubs last year and played in a prelim final.

We've been pretty good at making finals recently. Can't say the same for you guys

Hmmm, well lets see. We played in a prelim final in 2006 and won an elimination final in 2010. Pretty sure that is at least one a par with, or better than, Carlton over the same period.

No chip at all. Simply a retort to a low blow from one of your supporters.

Sorry but the injury line is just another excuse.

West Coast have stayed in or close to the top 4 all year with more injuries than Carlton. So has Collingwood. Essendon stayed in the top 8 until this week despite having even more injuries than West Coast and Collingwood. And Hawthorn had more injuries than most other clubs last year and played in a prelim final.
The injuries may be an excuse,but forced layoffs appear to have Carlton cherry ripe.PS im sure you should understand injuries given Freos 2011 effort.

The injuries may be an excuse,but forced layoffs appear to have Carlton cherry ripe.PS im sure you should understand injuries given Freos 2011 effort.

No I don't. Injuries was an excuse that Harvey made week after week. Lack of consistent effort, team discipline and depth was the reason Freo didn't back up 2010 with a finals apperance in 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton or Fremantle - Who finishes 8th?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back