Carlton Reality check.

Remove this Banner Ad

HAHA mate your digging yourself a bigger and bigger hole with all these excuses. You lost to a better team on the day, stop trying to defend it maybe have a bit of humility?
That's funny I thought I said you won fair and square and you were able to get a goal and take the momentum off us after Gibbs missed an easy goal.

Can you please explain to me how saying you did stuff to win is me giving excuses for losing, stop trying to make yourself look like an idiot your posts do a good enough job as is.

Carlton cant you guys accept the fact that your team was beaten by a team who played better.

Cant use the excuse that you played shit. Give credit where it is due you were beaten by a team that played better on the day.

If it wasnt for fev (again) you would have been beaten by 50+.

I cant help but seeing St Kilda all over again, top draft picks, big recruits, plenty of promise ..... you know how it will go

Go Bombers :D

It's easy to use the 'we played like shit' excuse when we actually did indeed play like shit. Decision making in the first quarter was atrocious, they weren't switched on.

That isn't a blight on Essendon who played well, it's a blight on Carlton.

If it wasn't for Hille you would have lost so that fevola example is a load of shit.

Form is never a good indicator in Carlton Essendon games and today was just another example of that.

The bombers deserved the win today due to being the better team for most of the day. They were more committed while we were asleep in the first quarter and it was all uphill from there.

Carlton cant you guys accept the fact that your team was beaten by a team who played better.

Cant use the excuse that you played shit. Give credit where it is due you were beaten by a team that played better on the day.

If it wasnt for fev (again) you would have been beaten by 50+.

Go Bombers :D

It's called denial. If, If, If....

Well if not for our crap conversion it would have been all over red rover at half time.

And if we had have kept our foot on their throat in Q4 we would have won by 10 goals.

The scoreboard flattered Carlton.

Essendon certainly have our measure this year.

I don't think we're good enough to make the finals anyway, even though we're still a slight chance of taking 8th spot. I just want to be out of the bottom four first...

I'm a happy little vegemite Thrawn, mind you I was very worried in the final quarter, I thought, here we go again, giving up a big lead to fade away at the end.

I was wrapped the way they came back. :thumbsu:

the loseing team generally plays shit.
carlton beat collingwood...........collingwood played shit
carlton beat melbourne.............melbourne played shit
carlton beat port....................port played shit
you get the drift.

essendon outplayed carlton plain & simple no excuses.
carlton are too reliant on fev & judd
this team will go nowhere unless they have a cleanout of duds like carrazzo ,setanta ,russell ,walker ,cloke ,sadington ,
apart from probably 5 players a very very average team at best.

good win bombers

How can you tank when you are playing catch up football for most of a game & somehow, even though not playing well, find yourself in front? Why don't you just accept that your team played the better football & deserved to win? I think this whole tanking rubbish has become quite monotonous. Those who discuss it are only encouraging The Hun & that other paper that people mostly read for the classified ads, to continue printing the rubbish.

Medium i tend to agree with you regarding tanking.....Andrew told us it didnt exist...so why dont we all move on:thumbsu:

I'm a happy little vegemite Thrawn, mind you I was very worried in the final quarter, I thought, here we go again, giving up a big lead to fade away at the end.

I was wrapped the way they came back. :thumbsu:

Well we had the ascendency in the Round 3 game late in the 3rd as well. There are no gimmies when it comes to our two sides, usually the results are strange. Now I guess it is our turn to cop it since we are the favourites now. ;)

Even when we were leading, I still had that lingering doubt. That 1st quarter killed us in the end... and the free kick to your guys after a courageous Jordan Russel mark resulted in a vital goal, pretty much ending our momentum there. But I'd like to know what that free kick was for.

Judd has a shocker because he clashed heads with Lloyd and the Medical Staff were telling him he wasn't right to go back on the ground.

I tend to agree with that. Welsh done his job, but Judd definitely did not look right aftre the Lloyd clash. Spent a bit of time resting in the pocket.

I thought Carlton were gonna mow us down. Glad the lads won it.
I agree with those who say Carlton weren't switched on and Essendon came to play otherwise we wouldn't have jumped them at the start. Carlton are further advanced in the rebuilding game then the bombers IMO and at this stage are generally a better side....but it's always nice to beat the blues. :D

No offense to you and your club but I would tip Melbourne to beat you.

Judd's clash with Lloyd in the 1st quarter had the doctors telling him he wasn't right to go on and play and had almost no touches after that moment.

Carlton historically lose games were favorites in because we don't care enough to try, we turned it on early in the 4th and as soon as you kicked a goal we stopped even though we were in front.

Essendon came to play against a rival today and Carlton came to play against an Under 13's side it is as simple as that. You played well but we should have taken care of you by 50+ points if we were switched on like we have been to beat port and the pies.

Hahahaha....bitter much?

We beat you AGAIN!!! hahahahahahaha

Look at the ladder, great comeback :eek:

How did the mercenary Judd go today? Thing is he probably doesn't care, he got his money...Judd doesn't care about Carlton...

Anyway as I was saying...WE BEAT YOU:D:D

this team will go nowhere unless they have a cleanout of duds like carrazzo ,setanta ,russell ,walker ,cloke ,sadington

Walker? Unfair on the bloke when he injures his shoulder again and is out for most of the season.

Carrazzo and Cloke are serviceable - they are handy options. I would like to see Russell play the remainder of the season before making a final judgement with him. Sadly I don't think Sentanta is up to it (except vs Cloke, hehe), and Saddington hasn't even played this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By golly, it was an exciting match though, Essendon sleeping through the first half of the 4th quarter to only wake up after being threatened by the Blues.

What's wrong with Judd? Heavily tagged or niggling injury?

During the week on 'On the COuch' Judd said he was 100%. I love the way he does that stupid grimace. It is the losers limp...when not playing well pretend to be injured...I should know i was the king of grabbing at the hammy after a clanger:eek:

During the week on 'On the COuch' Judd said he was 100%. I love the way he does that stupid grimace. It is the losers limp...when not playing well pretend to be injured...I should know i was the king of grabbing at the hammy after a clanger:eek:

He always had that grimace though, even when he was dominating at WC.

First Richard Pratt heading for the jug, now losing to Dons twice in a year....

We'll double the trouble for you next Saturday too.

How could Essendon beat the "future of football" that most moronic Blues fans ringing SEN this week have claimed their side to be?

Matty Knights >>>>>>>>> Ratten. Half the talent and comprehensively outcoached him AGAIN

Monfries slaughtering Gibbs. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p

i have an idea blues supporters.
how about you cop the loss on the chin and take any critisicsm that comes your way. you lost today. you were second to the ball and were soft. from all the crap i heard during the week let this be a lesson and don't get ahead of yourselves.

how about those f***ing bombers.

look at the ladder? Carlton is 10th? whats your point?
carlton played shit? No you didnt you just lost.
Juddy wuddy bumped his head? Aww didums.
It was the umpires fault? Haha good one.

Why cant you just accept the fact that we were the better team on the day.
We smashed you in the midfield. We smashed you in the forward line.
We smashed you in the rucks. If it wasnt for Fev we would have smashed you in the backline. So just accept it carlton. We smashed you. None of your Sh$t excuses are going to stand up here. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Reality check.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back