Pratt = Premiers

Team Captain
Feb 9, 2007
Carlton
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Storm
Carlton should take a leaf out of Freo's book and take the opportunity to rest Chris Judd this week.
He is the only player i would rest and would hopefully result in the blues going down to Freo Friday night.

yes, i will get criticism for this but hear me out.

We rest Judd this week; Freo should then beat us.
Presuming Sydney beat Brisbane, we then go to ANZ Stadium for our first final. I believe this is our ideal chance of a win, outside playing Sydney at the MCG, which i don't think will happen (again, based on Sydney beating brisbane).
If we can win that we then meet an undermanned Bulldogs at the MCG for a chance to make a prelim final.

Winning form is good form, but to give us any chance of making a prelim final, i think we need to lose Friday night.

You can't underestimate how much confidence a young side gets from winning interstate.

A win over in Perth will really set us up for a strong finals series not getting smashed.

Expect Judd to have a big couple of games, I feel he still thinks he owes the team something for his report and subsequent suspension in last years final.

This suggestion does not have any logic at all, clearly we need to win against Fremantle to gain a home final.
Our Chances of winning a final against Fremantle in Melbourne against going to Sydney to play a inform team would be much greater, also agree that beating Fremantle would give the team a great lift going into the finals.

If we rest Judd and several others from the first final, we can also get ourselves a better pick at the next draft. Worth considering.:rolleyes:

If you wanna take a leaf out of Freo's book then have a session tomorrow where Kade Simpson breaks Judd's leg, Gibbs pulls up sore in the ankle, Jamison and Joseph do medials and Betts gets a stress fracture of the foot.

I know that wasn't the point of the thread but I just can't help taking the opportunity to reinforce why Freo took the stance they did. If Sandilands, Tarrant, Ballantyne and Crowley were fit last round I don't believe that we would have rested as we need to win away in the finals and what tougher test than the Hawks at Launceston.

Yes, I will go have a cry in the corner.

Carlton should take a leaf out of Freo's book and take the opportunity to rest Chris Judd this week.
He is the only player i would rest and would hopefully result in the blues going down to Freo Friday night.

yes, i will get criticism for this but hear me out.

We rest Judd this week; Freo should then beat us.
Presuming Sydney beat Brisbane, we then go to ANZ Stadium for our first final. I believe this is our ideal chance of a win, outside playing Sydney at the MCG, which i don't think will happen (again, based on Sydney beating brisbane).
If we can win that we then meet an undermanned Bulldogs at the MCG for a chance to make a prelim final.

Winning form is good form, but to give us any chance of making a prelim final, i think we need to lose Friday night.
Your right - you will get criticised for this.

Our best chance of making a prelim final is to win this week and play our first final at MCG - end of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you wanna take a leaf out of Freo's book then have a session tomorrow where Kade Simpson breaks Judd's leg, Gibbs pulls up sore in the ankle, Jamison and Joseph do medials and Betts gets a stress fracture of the foot.

I know that wasn't the point of the thread but I just can't help taking the opportunity to reinforce why Freo took the stance they did. If Sandilands, Tarrant, Ballantyne and Crowley were fit last round I don't believe that we would have rested as we need to win away in the finals and what tougher test than the Hawks at Launceston.

You do that ...........

Oh, sooky sooky la la, go and have a cry in the ........ Oh, Wait a minute, what did you just say ?

Ah NO. We lose this and we play in perth again next week or sydney.

We missed the home final last year (played in brisbane) but not this year.
Haven't been to a blues final in a long time...............and am hanging to get to one.

The blues in melbourne week 1 is what us blues supporters want. A jam packed dome aginst the Dockers or a massive crowd at the G for the Hawks.

JUDD MUST PLAY AND WILL PLAY.

*Us beating the Swans at ANZ???? ridiculous, i would rate that as the worst outcome for us. We play well at subi, We can match the Hawks at the G and the Dockers were lucky we were inaccurate last time at the Dome.

Ratten said this morning if he had been in a similar position he might have done the same thing - slightly appeasing the Dockers.

Liked this quote though, just having a subtle dig at why the Dockers won last time around.

“We never underrate any team, especially Fremantle. But at Etihad Stadium we lost Murphy early, Kreuzer did an ACL, Barlow had the ball on a string and Tarrant did not let the wind through," Ratten said.

http://tiny.cc/i5829

Stupid call, nonsensical call, ridiculous call, absurd call, tanking call!

If Collingwood beat Hawthorn and we beat Freo we will end up with a HOME game against Freo (who have been playing shyte in melbourne the latter half of the season). Not only would we have a psychological advantage over them for having just beaten them, we even out the travel factor from the week before.

Imagine the extra revenue the club will receive from having the home final as well as 95% of support of the crowd going to our boys.

If we win... we will be playing either StKilda or Geelong for a chance in the prelim... history would suggest this is probably a good thing.... the last few times these 2 teams have played one another (Saints Cats) they've beaten the living daylights out of one another in a physical contest. Usually the following week the two teams are flat (like Hawks V Cats contests).

Playing a young not-overly physical Freo in a first final at home would be best... then to face the loser of Cats V Saints where odds are each team goes hammer and tongs to get the week off, leaving the loser sore and sorry.

Plus that would then I believe lead us to a prelim against the Pies!!! How sweet would it be to get the chance to knock them out of finals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton should take a leaf out of Freo's book

Remove this Banner Ad

Back