B: B. Thornton - M. Jamison - A. Joseph
HB: J. Russell - M. Austin - P. Bower
C: B. Gibbs - B. McLean - K. Simpson
HF: M. Robinson - J. Waite - C. Yarran
F: A. Walker - L. Henderson - E. Betts

Foll: M. Kruezer - C. Judd - M. Murphy

Int: S. Hampson - K. Lucas - H. Scotland - R. Hadley

Pretty good line up. Some changes to consider -
Maybe Waite should start in the back line to get his confidence back, Austin on the bench.
I would put Warnock into the ruck - he's got to play there eventually and play Kruezer on the fwd line (Kruezers kicked 26 goals from 43 games playing mainly in the ruck!!).
Who to drop from your team will depend on who we play and matchups - we might be top heavy if we played Warnock, Kruezer and Hampson
against some of the smaller teams.

We got a bit excited about our depth this time last year and injuries tested that depth. But check it, ^^^^^^ as good as that team is, balanced and potent, look who missed out. 206, Carrots, Irish, Hoops, Garlett, Grigg, Army and The Chief. And compare the rookie list this year to last, I havent even seen any of them and I already think they offer more hope for the future than Bentleigh, Pfieffer, Hill or Stanton. I cant wait.

We got a bit excited about our depth this time last year and injuries tested that depth. But check it, ^^^^^^ as good as that team is, balanced and potent, look who missed out. 206, Carrots, Irish, Hoops, Garlett, Grigg, Army and The Chief. And compare the rookie list this year to last, I havent even seen any of them and I already think they offer more hope for the future than Bentleigh, Pfieffer, Hill or Stanton. I cant wait.

Top post. :thumbsu:

Why should that matter?

Remember, this is BigFooty. Whether you are gun or is spuds depends not only on your height, but the quality of your youtube video.

Why should that matter?

Remember, this is BigFooty. Whether you are gun or is spuds depends not only on your height, but the quality of your youtube video.

I haven't seen them either, just going on what I read in the media and on here. I dont know anything about them, and I didnt know much about Hill or Stanton, just that they were on the list a couple of years and I didnt get to see them play, which told me plenty, and Bentliegh and Pfeiffer I did get to see play and that told me even more. Of course we had hopes for Hill and Stanton and no doubt there was excitement about them when they were selected, and sure enough some of the picks we made this week and last month wont make it, but right now there is nothing but upside for us. As much as I miss footy I also enjoy the off season because it is a period of genuine hope and anticipation of what might be. And now that we have such a good young list we have years of genuine chance to look forward to and some flags as well! :thumbsu:

Carlton Best 22
B: Mark Austin; Michael Jamison; Dennis Armfield
HB: Jordan Russell; Paul Bower; Bret Thornton
C: Kade Simpson; Brock McLean; Bryce Gibbs
HF: Chris Yarran; Jarrad Waite; Mitch Robinson
F: Andrew Walker; Lachlan Henderson; Eddie Betts
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer; Chris Judd
Rov. Marc Murphy
I/C: Shaun Hampson; Aaron Joseph; Andrew Carrazzo; Richard Hadley

Reserves
B: Joseph Dare; Simon White; Chris Johnson
HB: Rhys O'Keeffe; Joshua Donaldson; Joe Anderson
C: Shaun Grigg; David Ellard; Ryan Houlihan
HF: Rohan Kerr; Setanta O'hAilpin; Simon Wiggins
F: Jeffery Garlett; Levi Casboult; Brad Fisher
Foll: Robert Warnock; Jaryd Cachia
Rov. Kane Lucas
I/C: Sam Jacobs; Marcus Davies; Steven Browne; Caleb Tiller

*players in italic are ones i think will get a shot at senior football in 2010

We're building a great list.

I think Scotland might struggle this year but i thought at worst he'd get a game with the ants

Carlton Best 22
Rov. Marc Murphy

Reserves
Rov. Kane Lucas

I think Warnock, Grigg, Garlett and Houlihan have a place in the best 22.
Hadley, Carrazzo,Armfield and Russell most vulnerable.

Agree depth is looking awesome.

Carlton 2010.
B:
Thornton, Jamison, Joseph
HB:
Russell, Waite, Bower
C:
Simpson, Murphy, Gibbs
HF:
Lucas, Henderson, Walker

F: Yarran, Kreuzer, Betts
FOLL:
Warnock, McLean, Judd

INT:
Hampson, Robinson, Grigg, Austin
EMG:
Scotland, Carrazzo, Hadley.

Something like that I believe. Having McLean there pushes Gibbs out really and I would like him at HBF but I couldn't resist having all our tall defenders listed there, it makes it look so much stronger. Joseph and Russell are great additions to our defence found during the 2009 season. In this line-up I would have Gibbs the defensive wingmen with Simpson running more into attack. I love having Walker, Yarran and Betts in the same forward line along with our new twin towers in Kreuzer and Henderson. I've added Lucas for I believe in getting experience into the players who will be featuring in our next premiership side. Our Ruck stocks are fantastic and should be within the top four teams next year I'd like to believe. The interchange is the other promising youth who should be prominant in our 2010 assault. Our depth is a pleasure to have although it would be hard side-lining the likes of Scotland, Carrazzo and Hadley; seasoned players who probably deserve game time. But I guess this will all be solved by injuries scattered around. Very good and youthful teams being mentioned that will only improve.

Walker is THE overrated player on our list. Hope he proves me wrong but I don't think he's ever going to play the way some on here expect him to. People getting excited about having him in the forward line with Yarran and Betts and yet he's proven next to nothing up forward. Showed some glimpses when he kept flying for speccies upon returning from injury late in '08 but really nothing special. Hopefully though, when we are a really strong team and other players are taking so much of the focus of the opposition he will come to the fore - and i think that is most likely to happen in the midfield where he has played his best footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I'd like to see (rather than what I think we will see)

B. Joseph Jamison Thornton
HB. Russell Bower Grigg
C. Gibbs McLean Simpson
HF. Robinson Henderson Yarran
F. Walker Waite Betts
R. Kreuzer Judd
Rov. Murphy
I/C Hampson Austin Browne Lucas

Ants

B. Armfield White Anderson
HB. O'Keeffe Donaldson Davies
C. Scotland Carrazzo Houlihan
HF. Wiggins O'hAilpin Kerr
F. Garlett Casboult Fisher
R. Warnock Hadley
Rov. Ellard
I/C (from) Cachia, Johnson, Jacobs, Dare, Tuohy, Tiller

Carlton Best 22
Rov. Marc Murphy

Reserves
Rov. Kane Lucas

You seriously can't fit Scotland in either team?

Not..... Happy....... Jan :eek:

HB: Brendan Goddard; Paul Bower; Bret Thornton
Rov. Marc Murphy

I think we look pretty stable.

HB: Brendan Goddard; Paul Bower; Bret Thornton
Rov. Marc Murphy

I think we look pretty stable.

Hahahahahaha you idiot :D

Where is Albert Proud ? :p

whats the scoop on andrew walker? is he having an injury-free preseason and is he training well?
Going very well so far. Known as a fitness freak, he's reported to have recorded 17.4 in the beep test a few weeks ago.

Shoulder should be right now, different kind of operation this time, apparently it would need a tractor to pull it out. Took a very heavy bump on it from Russell Robertson late in the season and got straight back up like it hadn't happened.

We all wanted him to play forward but with fitness like this it's pretty obvious he'll be running through the midfield.

Carlton Best 22
B Joesph, Jamison, Thornton
HB Armfield, Bower, Scotland
C Gibbs, McLean, Simpson
HFYarran, Waite, Walker
F Betts, Henderson, Gartlett
R Kreuzer, Judd, Murphy
Int Carrazzo, Hampson, O'hAilpin, Russell
Emg: Walker, Jacobs, Houlihan

Northern Bullants
B Anderson, Donaldson, O'Keeffe
HB Davies, Austin, Johnson
C Browne, Ellard, Grigg
HF Lucas, Wiggins, Houlihan
F Robinson, Warnock, Fisher
R Jacobs, Hadley Walker
Int Dare, Kerr, Casboult, Tiller

whats the scoop on andrew walker? is he having an injury-free preseason and is he training well?

Well I know that in the 3.2km run he has got the fastest time so far. Not everyone has done it yet, but he posted a 10 mins 19 seconds. next best brock mclean with a 10.23, and then juddy with a 10.31

B : Steven Browne - Michael Jamison - Bret Thornton
HB : Jordan Russell - Mark Austin - Paul Bower
C : Kade Simpson - Brock McLean - Marc Murphy
HF : Chris Yarran - Jarrad Waite - Andrew Walker
F : Matthew Kreuzer - Lachie Henderson - Eddie Betts
R : Robbie Warnock - Chris Judd - Bryce Gibbs

INT : Shaun Hampson - Aaron Joseph - Andrew Carrazzo - Heath Scotland

First off this is the team i believe is our best 22 not what i think the coaching staff will dish up when everyone is fit.

Back half really does somewhat rely on Mark Austin stepping up and becoming a solid player on a tall. I personally don't think Bower is a key position back, he can do an adiquate job but i think he's better coming across the pack on the third tall. Austin showed last year that he was something that could be worked with. Like most young players he fell a little but there were signs that he can become a key defender in this league. I love Browne, i really think he can become a very solid small defender. He has all the courage in the world and sticks to his assignments very well. Is fairly quick, not Armfield quick but is think he's more polished than Dennis. Skills are more clean and have high hope for him. Thornton needs to become the general, he's the veteran of that group and can be a felxiable option on a tall or small. Russell came on leaps and bounds last year and his footskills has improved no end. Can shut down a forward and hopefully provide some run.

Midfield speaks for itself, hopefully Brock can add some defensive side to our midfield and realise Judd to use that pace in space. Gibbs is the flexiable one, he can play anywhere. If we need a cool head down back he can fill in and control things whilst feeding the ball to the midfield. What i hope though is Ratten uses him up forward much more this year, especially with the loss of Fevola. He is such a smart player he has the capability to kick a bag.

The forward line is the interesting part and i'd try to stretch defenses. Waite and Henderson can rotate between the square and across half forward. Kruezer can float and hopefully chip in with a couple. He won't play solely up forward, i think either on of Warnock/Hampson/Kreuzer has the mobility to play as a resting forward. These fellas are tall but they are all very atheltic. You then have the two crumbers in Yarran and Betts who are both very good marks so there is another dimension. Walker can push back, push to the square, i think with his athelticism and height he'd be a tough match-up up forward. Then again we could use his pace on the wing or across half back, flexiable.

Joseph and Carrazzo to provide both run and defensive sides to the midfield. I've said this before i'd really try to play Carrazzo as a similiar type player to Kane Cornes. Scotland can also provide run through the midfield or across half forward. I play him in more of an attacking role than across half back and he really doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.

I think it's a very felixable and multi dimesnional team that could adapt with most situations that teams throw at them.

Carlton Best 22
C Gibbs, McLean, Simpson
HFYarran, Waite, Walker
F Betts, Henderson, Gartlett
R Kreuzer, Judd, Murphy
Int Carrazzo, Hampson, O'hAilpin, Russell
Emg: Walker, Jacobs, Houlihan

Northern Bullants
B Anderson, Donaldson, O'Keeffe
HB Davies, Austin, Johnson
C Browne, Ellard, Grigg
HF Lucas, Wiggins, Houlihan
F Robinson, Warnock, Fisher
R Jacobs, Hadley Walker
Int Dare, Kerr, Casboult, Tiller

Warnock at FF for the Bullants?!? :eek::eek::eek:

I'll take it that you've never actually seen Warnock play... He is clearly a first 22 player (and I'm a strong advocate for playing Warnock, Kreuzer and Hampson in the side).

Austin will be CHB round one. Russell's sensational finish to the year gets him off the bench. Here is my best 22:

B: Armfield Jamison Thornton
HB: Russell Austin Bower
C: Gibbs McLean Simpson
HF: Yarran Henderson Waite
F: Betts Hampson Walker
R: Kreuzer Judd Murphy
I: Joseph Warnock Houlihan Robinson
E: Carrazzo O'hAilpin Grigg

Carlton Best 22
C Gibbs, McLean, Simpson