Carlton's Biggest Rival

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely Collingwood for me. I consider it the greatest rivalry in the AFL... unfortunately we've let it down a bit over the past few years. There could be a couple of Blues - Magpies grand finals over the next decade, IMO... let's hope and pray, because we know they're not going to win any of them! :D

However, I love the Essendon games too. The rivalry is probably just as fierce, but Carlton & Collingwood are just meant to be rivals.

Another season has come and gone - which of the "Big 4" do we Blues supporters consider as our biggest rival?

None i feel for their supporter's being sucked in by their teasing performances only to consistently fail year after year.
It must get so depressing following some of these mediocre clubs.

None Essendon and Richmond are crap and as for Collingwood i dont see a team who beat us by 24 points when we were supposedly tanking as much of a rival.

We should aspire to have WC and Geelong as our rivals and not these also rans.

If you look back over the entire history of the VFL/AFL, its Collingwood without a doubt. If your just looking back over the last 15 years, then it's gotta be Essendon.

Another thing, even though we haven't played Collingwood in finals for a while now, I still feel a bit different when we play them, compared to other teams. Still seems to get abit heated every second or third time we play them too. And we all know supporters of each club still despise each other. I just wish we could hit finals at the same time as them, it'd give the rivalry back the status it deserves.

Definitely Collingwood! We have more punch ups with them than the other two big 4 sides. I loved it when Fev ran through their huddle this year and dropped Didak. Great stuff and love to see more of it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colliwobbles for sure is the biggest rivalry for myself....

only because their supporters truely are scum & I say this from first hand knowledge.
I was walking out of the game from the MCG the last time we played & even though we lost, myself & my daughter (who is 13 years old by the way) we were in a happy & jovial mood.
That was until an absolutely pissed derelict collingwood supporter who was standing outside with his mates......stepped in front of my daughter.....blocking her way..... & said to her.....
Yeah if I had a Carlton jumper on too......I would love a piece of you.....and he was about 30 years old no joke !!!!!
M8 that got me fuming.....
I walked right in front of his face (in front of his dirty scumbag mates as well) and said to him......
She is a Fu**en 13year old girl.......are you some kind of F***ing paedophile ??
I absolutely went off my nutter calling him dirty scum to his face & not backing down......
My other 19 year old daughter had to pull me away as the cops were approaching fast......
Collingwood Supporters :thumbsdown:

Richmond are a pathetic feral club, not worth hating the most.

Essendon are on the way down, hard to hate when the overriding emotion is pity.

Collingwood easy

Richmond are a pathetic feral club, not worth hating the most.

Essendon are on the way down, hard to hate when the overriding emotion is pity.

Collingwood easy

What a coincidence.....most people feel pity for Carlton also!

16, 15, 11, 16, 16, 15. :thumbsu:

Keep cheering for the spoon mate. Any supporter that cheers for their team to lose deserves pity. :D

16, 15, 11, 16, 16, 15.

And you say we are shite? lol

Actually a lot of us reckon your are shite. Funny how Judd overlooked your mob before melb, now that says a lot about your dysfunctional footy club.

For me our biggest rival has always and will always be the Pies. They cant get over how we have knocked them off in the big one too often, 6 GF's played they won the first in 1910 we have won the last 5 GF's against them. :D

I think that you will find younger Blues supporters will think along the lines of Essenscum but the older ones will be always the Pies. There is no thing sweeter than knocking over those feral, toothless s*cks the Pies.

Actually a lot of us reckon your are shite. Funny how Judd overlooked your mob before melb, now that says a lot about your dysfunctional footy club.

For me our biggest rival has always and will always be the Pies. They cant get over how we have knocked them off in the big one too often, 6 GF's played they won the first in 1910 we have won the last 5 GF's against them. :D

I think that you will find younger Blues supporters will think along the lines of Essenscum but the older ones will be always the Pies. There is no thing sweeter than knocking over those feral, toothless s*cks the Pies.

CARLTONS BIGGEST RIVAL WOULD BE SANDRINGHAM IN THE VFL

Collingwood, easily. I hate quite a few teams, but none nearly on the same level as the Pies. And that's the way it should be. Games between us and Collingwood, especially in the 90's, were amazing to witness. Collingwood have a strong team now, and in the next few years, when we are back up there, Collingwood vs Carlton will see almost a rebirth of a fantastic rivalry. 80,000+ crowds are a realistic chance.

Essendon would be 2nd, although not as large as Collingwood. We still have fought out some fantastic games, although the rivalry, IMO, has lost a lot of it's prestige since the 1999 Preliminary Final. The Bombers are on the way down, and we're on the way up, so looking forward to continuing their embarrassment.

3rd would be Richmond. Playing Richmond is like dancing with your sister-it's just not right ;). Richmond are mediocre, and have been embracing it for quite a while now. I hate them, but I also pity them. Besides Setanta's first AFL game a few years ago when they absolutely annihilated us, we have had them covered, and will continue to have them covered for quite a while yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton's Biggest Rival

Remove this Banner Ad

Back