Coach Caro's beef against Clarkson is getting pathetic and sad now

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been wondering for some time what her issues were, I remember she would go at Brayshaw a lot. Though I am not sure she was ever much of a Clarkson fan anyway, so I guess the two have combined for her dislike.

Apparently it goes back to the 1974 brownlow medal with Keith Greig narrowly winning over Bartlett.

Would be pretty amusing if true - to hold on to that level of bitterness for 50 odd years, surely would cause brain rot.

Against my better judgment, I decided to watch Footy Classified

Hutchy: Good evening! Stunning round of football!...

Before Sam Mitchell joins us, we start, Caro, with more off field drama at Hawthorn which has escalated

Caro: "Yes Craig... it has emerged tonight that the "unite & inspire" meeting at Hawthorn last Thursday became a FIERY WAR OF WORDS!!!" 🔥:madv1:🔥

--- "Don Scott walked out of the meeting, but not before he questioned the integrity of club president, Andrew Gowers and wanted to know more about the $10 million cash injection from a group of 10 individual benefactors..."

--- "AFLW coach, Bec Goddard expressed initial reservations about the monicker, "The Family Club", thought it too old-fashioned, but she is more comfortable with it now."

--- "But what's happened since then... [huh? so that's it? That's the "off field drama"] .... We're going to question Sam Mitchell about the club's direction which has UPSET the AFL, UPSET some supporters and UPSET some other clubs who think the competition has been SKEWED at the moment." 🔥🔥:madv1:🔥🔥🔥

laugh-cant-hold-it-in.gif

Really? That's the best she's got? FMD. I liked her old irrelevant bullcrap better than her new irrelevant bullcrap.

I loved watching him on the sidelines, and his reaction when we held on was awesome to see. Nice to have a bit of passion and positivity around the place after the last few years where nobody at North has had much to smile or cheer about. If we lost and he looked like a bit of a dick then so be it. Caro finding all the negatives in it is indeed sad/pathetic, but definitely expected, she trashes North at every single opportunity.
Why would Caro have an agenda against north? I'm a dees fan, and I couldn't care less about North or Clarko but Clarko has a long history of poor behaviour, whether it be game day punching fans, walls or verbally abusing media reporters. So the moment he acts positive and cheerful I personally am not buying it. It doesn't seem genuine to me. But I do agree with your sentiments in that its good to see some coaches lighten up a bit but I don't think that change is coming from Clarko.

That sounds like something made up by the North board brains trust and then oft repeated until it becomes 'fact'.
So what if it is?

Occam’s Razor and all that! I mean she is unreasonably bitter towards that

watched the clip on twitter just before, and what an absurdly logical leap to make in saying that "it'd look bad if they lost!!!" like what does that actually prove about the club? he wants to make a better and more positive environment for players? he wants to see his team do well?

i don't get it. i don't really like clarko but it's objectively better to see coaches be lively on the side of the ground than slamming phones into the walls and desk in the coaches box

watched the clip on twitter just before, and what an absurdly logical leap to make in saying that "it'd look bad if they lost!!!" like what does that actually prove about the club? he wants to make a better and more positive environment for players? he wants to see his team do well?

i don't get it. i don't really like clarko but it's objectively better to see coaches be lively on the side of the ground than slamming phones into the walls and desk in the coaches box
Coaches being lively and showing positive emotion isn't new to the sports world. If anything, our sport is a bit behind. Craig McCrae seems to have brought it to Collingwood and turned them into contenders faster than anyone thought was possible.

That woman literally sucks the life out of anybody who holds a different point of view.

She should have been sacked and exiled after reporting James Hird had been sacked by Essendon when he hadn't been sacked by Essendon. She should have been sacked for her televised comments about Ben Holland.

Wilson is not a journalist. She is a muckraker.

What did she say about Ben Holland?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I wouldn't have given a rats tossbag about his behavior even if we lost. He kept the energy up on the bench and interacted passionately with the players that came off. There is a tangible benefit to the team to be found there, not to mention it makes for some harmless theatrics for the onlookers.

Now if he was neglecting his duties to, you know, actually coach then it might be an issue. But he has Ratten (a multiple time senior coach...) up there with everyone else analyzing the game and communicating through the headsets anyway.

Often I think some of her critiques are coming from some sad bitter place and ignore them, but this time I actually felt embarrassed for her.

Yep, I wouldn't have given a rats tossbag about his behavior even if we lost. He kept the energy up on the bench and interacted passionately with the players that came off. There is a tangible benefit to the team to be found there, not to mention it makes for some harmless theatrics for the onlookers.

Now if he was neglecting his duties to, you know, actually coach then it might be an issue. But he has Ratten (a multiple time senior coach...) up there with everyone else analyzing the game and communicating through the headsets anyway.

Often I think some of her critiques are coming from some sad bitter place and ignore them, but this time I actually felt embarrassed for her.
as someone outside of the roos it showed me that he is actually invested in improving the clubs overrall culture and making substantial changes (that he's able to make) to give the club's culture a boost in support that it's needed. an important part of football is keeping your players/talent happy with the coaches and it genuinely seems like he's doing a great job at it.

i dislike it

It looked very contrived and forced to me.

All for some colour in the game, and people being allowed to express themselves - but he looked like he was faking it. And looked like a bit of a dick TBH.

Regardless, this is just the beginning of what Clarkson will continue to face, until he can prove he's innocent of being a prick to the indigenous families in that investigation. This is nothing, it will continue to escalate.
Spot on. I can't believed people are getting sucked into his behaviour as if he is some jovial, gentleman of the game. His history speaks for itself.

I'm glad for the roos that they're winning and they've got some great young players that I enjoy watching but Clarko just isn't puling the wool over my eyes with his antics that's for sure.

Spot on. I can't believed people are getting sucked into his behaviour as if he is some jovial, gentleman of the game. His history speaks for itself.
Probably because "jovial gentleman" never achieve **** all. Most people are pleased that North have some hope again and hes showing emotion being apart of it

Probably because "jovial gentleman" never achieve * all. Most people are pleased that North have some hope again and hes showing emotion being apart of it
Yeah, provided the emotion is genuine I'm all for it also. I'm thrilled for North fans for sure. But I'm just not a Clarko fan. His long history of douchebag behaviour isn't easily forgotten to me. But I'm not questioning his coaching ability, how could anyone. One of the greats.

Yeah, provided the emotion is genuine I'm all for it also. I'm thrilled for North fans for sure. But I'm just not a Clarko fan. His long history of douchebag behaviour isn't easily forgotten to me. But I'm not questioning his coaching ability, how could anyone. One of the greats.
Hes a firey little bastard i agree. I love that. The Hawthorn issue im not going near though

I like what Clarkson is doing. He is clearly doing it to inspire belief, enthusiasm and enjoyment amongst a young group that is coming off rock bottom. Fages did similar from the bench (albeit not as overt as some of what Clarkson did on the weekend). Over time I suspect he will dial it down as the team matures and then eventually he might return to the box as Fages has done this season.

I'd be shocked if Clarkson hadn't spoken to Fages about the approach he took with the Lions to these types of things when we were a rabble.

I like what Clarkson is doing. He is clearly doing it to inspire belief, enthusiasm and enjoyment amongst a young group that is coming off rock bottom. Fages did similar from the bench (albeit not as overt as some of what Clarkson did on the weekend). Over time I suspect he will dial it down as the team matures and then eventually he might return to the box as Fages has done this season.

I'd be shocked if Clarkson hadn't spoken to Fages about the approach he took with the Lions to these types of things when we were a rabble.
If they are still talking to each other probably

Against my better judgment, I decided to watch Footy Classified

Hutchy: Good evening! Stunning round of football!...

Before Sam Mitchell joins us, we start, Caro, with more off field drama at Hawthorn which has escalated

Caro: "Yes Craig... it has emerged tonight that the "unite & inspire" meeting at Hawthorn last Thursday became a FIERY WAR OF WORDS!!!" 🔥:madv1:🔥

--- "Don Scott walked out of the meeting, but not before he questioned the integrity of club president, Andrew Gowers and wanted to know more about the $10 million cash injection from a group of 10 individual benefactors..."

--- "AFLW coach, Bec Goddard expressed initial reservations about the monicker, "The Family Club", thought it too old-fashioned, but she is more comfortable with it now."

--- "But what's happened since then... [huh? so that's it? That's the "off field drama"] .... We're going to question Sam Mitchell about the club's direction which has UPSET the AFL, UPSET some supporters and UPSET some other clubs who think the competition has been SKEWED at the moment." 🔥🔥:madv1:🔥🔥🔥

laugh-cant-hold-it-in.gif

Really? That's the best she's got? FMD. I liked her old irrelevant bullcrap better than her new irrelevant bullcrap.
I'm glad that I stopped watching that a very long time ago, nothing appears to have changed she finds a story and makes it sound a lot worse than it really is and then acts like she's the most important person alive.

Often I think some of her critiques are coming from some sad bitter place and ignore them, but this time I actually felt embarrassed for

I admire you feeling embarrassed for her. I just can’t bring myself to have any feelings of empathy for the woman whatsoever.

She’s nasty and has not one shred of self-awareness.

I agree with Caro.

I was watching the game and Clarko was carrying on like a pork chop on the sidelines and I literally said to my friends at the time "does this guy have any idea that this game isn't over? They're only 4 goals up. He's going to look like a goose if Freo come back". 10 minutes later his grin was gone. It showed a complete lack of game sense.

I'm all for coaches being light-hearted but I've known Clarko for long enough to know that he's had a long history of punching walls and spectators as well as belittling media reporters to the point where I don't buy this lighter side and I agree with the other posters that say it was fake and forced.

WTF! He'd look like a goose, how? North has won 9.5 games over the last three seasons, and been belted by an average of 7 odd goals. So al clarko heads to Perth where Freo has feasted on us and we get done by a couple of points.

I'm not sure that's a bad look, unless we're now premiership favourites.

Blardy crikey

And FYI I love it and so does every other North fan, hitching your wagon to Caro is never a good idea. Farking thing is feral

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Caro's beef against Clarkson is getting pathetic and sad now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back