VFL Casey Demons VFL 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Very early observations on Kentfield.

He is definitely aggressive and physical.

But I can see why he went undrafted. He moves like a Ben Holland. Not very athletic looking. Thick in the hips. Maybe an AFL conditioning program can improve him.

I’m probably being a bit harsh after one quarter 😂

Ben Brown in the ruck?!?!?

Very early observations on Kentfield.

He is definitely aggressive and physical.

But I can see why he went undrafted. He moves like a Ben Holland. Not very athletic looking. Thick in the hips. Maybe an AFL conditioning program can improve him.

I’m probably being a bit harsh after one quarter 😂
Nah I thought the same thing.

Looks to have very poor agility.

Smart play by Casey as they ran forward as a group after a 50m penalty to Sestan at half back. Tholstrup just missed the resulting running shot at goal.

Brown back playing FF. Nice piece of play leading up to a kick that bounced short around 45 out. He brushed off one tackler running a massive arc then hit up a teammate 40 out directly in front.

McAdam takes a nice mark from a high kick shifting the opponent out with his legs. Converts from 25 out practically straight in front.

Kai Windsor showed a bit of toe earlier in the chain that resulted in Kentfield’s JTG. Must run in the family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BBB has actually been OK in the ruck. But I think he’s also playing against a bloke who was playing for Montrose two weeks ago, so it’s all relative.
Yeah, figured he was playing against a fill in given the Pies injuries, but still somewhat promising he was holding his own/being a bit more assertive with contact.

I’m not sure if Tholstrup is under instruction or instinct, but he pushes forward from the midfield well. He’s kicked 1.3 in the first half so far and had 14 disposals and is probably Casey’s best to date.
He's looked very involved, both ways too. Haven't watched much Casey this year but Kolt has been impressive today.

Sestan has got very busy in the second since being in the midfield. Just got hit on a little lead and kicks his first from about 35 out in front. He’s up to 10 disposals.

He's looked very involved, both ways too. Haven't watched much Casey this year but Kolt has been impressive today.
I think this is the best I’ve seen Tholstrup play so far assuming he keeps it up in the second half. He’s seemed a bit surer with his disposal. His goal misses haven’t been bad misses either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back