Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:

There's a bit to dissect heading into the final round.

Thursday PM recording.

A tale of 2 halves. Bit like when I last went to the local and over refreshed. First half was great, but woke up needing to clean the sheets
Positive was younger/less experienced types leading the charge first half in Lawson, Dempsey and mannagh. If not for kolo henry and Guth we’d have lost by much more
Was it some tired bodies from 24 degree day last week v freo? And a team with nothing to lose pushing forward of ball constantly? Ignorance is bliss
Wilkie spanked Ollie Henry that badly he won’t be sitting for a week. You’d hope he had a niggle, otherwise being so uncompetitive is a concern.
I’d like to see bruhn and Clarke return, hope knevitt gets another go but vfl finals and eligibility may rule this out. Clarke never shirks a contest, $2 steak toughness, and afl finals will benefit him.

First live game for myself since the suns debacle last year, keen as mustard
GO THE PUSSIES

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As St Kilda got a run on Saturday night, one of the centre bounce set ups saw Miers in the centre, Atkins and Bowes in defence, with Bews in the tracksuit in the players race. Make our selections and match ups make sense. Stacking the team with forwards aint it.

A sincere thank you krock footy for the company and laughs throughout season 2024, we are a very lucky supporter group!

First of all -

Great call amongst the mire of dread that was the 2nd 1/2 last week. I figured Kingy wanted to switch over to watching Ice Hockey and Benny was neck deep in the form guide for the 'bool or anywhere they were lining up to jump.

Dont think it can just be written off as a bad half - really showed some weaknesses that teams will no doubt continue to want to exploit but given most had us finishing 6-8th at best, a Top 4 spot and double chance is kind of remarkable - especially with the VFL team also getting the double chance.
This club really is like BP - the quiet achiever.

And once again, as is the club and Chris Scott's mantra - we just want to be in a position to compete each year.
Box ticked as here we are without diving to the bottom of the ladder and rebuilding to do it.

18 of 21 Finals appearances I think you you said it was Kingy - just an unbelievable run of consistency

4 wins get us the Flag. Can we win the next 4 games?

How many wins from here are realistic? I think 2 wins bowing out in a PF.

IMO if we can win the next 2 ( WC and QF) to go direct to Prelim we are a massive chance. Having to play a SF and extra game would be the back breaker.

Its so open we might just jag it....... need some luck, a little all or nothing desire for a month and our best footy (which is good enough). The hardest part will be getting it for 4 matches. But thats the fun in the journey right?

PS - Awesome news on Cats AFLW broadcasting on KROCK!

PPS - I have Ollie Henry OOC and no one seems to be making any noise about it? Any word?

GO Catters

Hello Benny & Kingy,

Long time, first time. Benny, I’m just about to jump on a plane to the US and I’m booked in to watch the Chiefs/Ravens & Bears/Titans. Your NFL updates helped get me interested in the sport. Unfortunately I won’t get the chance to see Eminem (Jo) play this time around. Hopefully he stays fit for the year.

Back in AUS grand final week. Possibly a little too optimistic to think the boys will be playing but you never know.

Cheers for an enjoyable weekly pod.

Alright - time to get serious ... not!.

Recording Thursday PM in our only podcast before the QF.

Fire away.

Well it was a sexy land style spanking by the cats, plenty found form and touch. The number 5 bagged out like days of old at KP
Ollie Henry back in touch, first final must leave Rohan out as Henry is better without him
Big Rhys dominated the ruck, held his marks, competed. Helped he was rucking against a Auskick goal post but hopefully he brings that v port.
Hawk v Neale- tough one but Neale for mine. If hawk kicks 5 in vfl I may change mind.
Was at game on dat, Neale did a power of blocking/ off ball for Jezza
Duncan is a real concern. Sub at best for me
Did some numbers hydro style. Danger and bruhn have only played together 6 times this season, 6 wins. They both didn’t play last time v port.
SDK returns but for who? Duncan? Bews?
Side note- stood behind George stevens at hampden u/14 grand final on Sunday. He’s a monster, towered over me, I’m 5.11, that’s 1 measurement by the way. AFL app says he’s 189cm, hopefully can become a real midfield bull
Go pussies

What surprise moves do you expect Chris Scott to pull?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you explain these last 2 bradbury-esque years (2023+2024)? No sustainable advantage spanning years (i.e. no dynasty building). Minor tactical improvements (as strategy-well running dry)? Lottery with injuries? Equalisation working amongst top few sides?

Fire away!

We "clowns" and "spankers" are ready to roll

Thursday PM recording.

Have to say I didn’t give us a lot of hope going into the game, particularly when Alf Stewart was out. However I’m currently sitting down to eat my hat.
Just a superb effort from the cats. Cracked in all nightX our pressure was superb, we didn’t fumble. The little changes here and there since the Carlton loss have had big results. Lawson Humphries doesn’t miss a target, phil Taylor darts style. We don’t have a deep midfield but we do have a brigade of mid-forwards who push up and down, use the ball well, link up with handball. Shann mannagh pick raised eyebrows but it’s turned out to be a ripper. Speaking of eyebrows Ollie Henry looked a lot like commandant Mauser from police academy 3.
Week off, refresh, and have a crack at making the big dance.
Great to see hawk and Guthrie in vfl; unsure if you could bring Guthrie back in off one game. I’d personally not pick Hawkins, Neale game high 9 marks, 3 contested.
Great signs from knevitt, 39 touches, 13 clearances, 10 tackles in vfl, I really feel next year he can and will step up into senior side

I vividly remember you guys being extremely negative about the recruitment of Shaun Mannagh during a preseason podcast.

At the time you went on and on about us being a mid table team and him taking us nowhere.

The same bloke was probably best on in a final. He’s only 27 so ideally we get another 6 or so years out of him.

Surely you know by now not underestimate the club (especially the recruiters). Time to admit you were wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vividly remember you guys being extremely negative about the recruitment of Shaun Mannagh during a preseason podcast.

At the time you went on and on about us being a mid table team and him taking us nowhere.

The same bloke was probably best on in a final. He’s only 27 so ideally we get another 6 or so years out of him.

Surely you know by now not underestimate the club (especially the recruiters). Time to admit you were wrong?

We questioned the use of that selection from memory.

Possibly thought they could have gone later. As mature-agers the Cats have selected go, he's one of the earlier picks aside from Tim Kelly.

Stewart, Atkins, Podsiadly, etc, have been much later or rookies.

We were also keen for him to be in the team when he was out because 27-year-olds playing VFL when just drafted doesn't appear to be a prudent use of a selection.

Nobody is happier than us with how he's performed.

Kingy

We questioned the use of that selection from memory.

Possibly thought they could have gone later. As mature-agers the Cats have selected go, he's one of the earlier picks aside from Tim Kelly.

Stewart, Atkins, Podsiadly, etc, have been much later or rookies.

We were also keen for him to be in the team when he was out because 27-year-olds playing VFL when just drafted doesn't appear to be a prudent use of a selection.

Nobody is happier than us with how he's performed.

Kingy

Yea fair point regarding him playing in the 2s

My only response would be if we tried to get him later in the draft, undoubtedly another club would have snapped him up.

Anyway it doesn’t matter, we’ve got him now and he looks to be a very capable player at the level.

Go Cats!

Gents,

Seriously how good is this team - year after year media muppets like Kane Cornes and David King right us off and give no credit our footy club.

All week we heard nothing but Port this and Port that - then we just slide into the Adelaide oval and in front of 50,000 South Australian Nuff Nuffs and make them look like they should be playing GDFL reserves.

Chris Scott even had the confidence to tell the world on Fox Footy how we were going to beat them.

20 Years - 14 Preliminary Finals - 6 (possibly 7) Grand Finals & Staring at an opportunity to play for Premiership Number 5 of a 2 decade era - what more could you ask for as a supporter/member of this club.

Thought Neales game on Thursday was great 9 marks and 2.2 - Benny was right "wait till he plays 100 games"

Think the changes for the Prelim are not difficult whether we play GWS or Brisbane

In: SDK Stewart
Out: Mullin Duncan

Note: Thoughts on Bailey Smith (whats he worth? ) & would you take Baz & Jack MacRae as a package deal if it cost
2024 1st Round + 2025 2nd Round.

Criminal that the KROCK call was not added to any of the "Jezza Magic snap from the pocket" calls during the week.
I want an inquiry lauched into the AFL media landscape immediately.

How good is Zuthrie now?
From the memory of the way he got mauled by Cats fans after Roughy outbodied him all those years ago in 2017 and 2018 to the way he plays now.. remarkable.

Now he plays the Boris /Stewy role with the same poise as they did.
Point is a Benny has said many times - Let the kids develop over time.

Biggest question for the Prelim - It comes down to who's got the best performing bottom 6 players on the day.
Mullin
Bews
Duncan
O Henry
Touhy
Bowes
Mannagh

Ive given 7 to make the list of 6 - All of whom played excellent games in the QF.

So the question is - Whom is in your bottom 6 and howe much betterthan the QF will they need to be?

GO Catters

Do cats prefer Giants or Lions for prelim?
Swannies or Hawks for GF?

I had high hopes for Jhye Clark this year, do you think he’s underperformed to not be in best 22 by end of his second year?

Boys
I just reallwant to say Thank you to the live stream of your commentary. It's great to hear you boys who have passion on Geelong Football Club. ( even if you go for Swans Kingy )
Even my wife said she had a few laughs on the Commentary when Benny Cass was talking about when Stanley got hit in the old plums 😆

Here is my "facetious" moment... funny on how good Blitz played when he went back as a key defender, rather then trying to run around in the midfield..
Been saying it all year ... his not the same player he was 2 years ago. We had to start playing him to what his best football is at ... and that's him not playing midfield and playing him in defence..

And SDK... gee I don't know if he can get back into the team if Blitz is in playing defence.
And we are not playing him as our main ruck either SDK for me is only a back up ruck if we dont have a fit ruck, or he can play as the 2nd ruck to give the other ruck a spell.
Cheers FoxDog50 🍻

Remove this Banner Ad

Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back