Autopsy Cats def Dogs 104-81

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why we reverted back to what we were doing in the 2nd quarter in the last?

Having Jong play tight on Danger and Cloke in the ruck got us back into the game, then Bev reverted to Boyd into the ruck and Danger loose. Once Cloke went back into the ruck half way though the 4th, we started playing OK again.

It didn't matter but that was some of the most horrendous umpiring I've seen in a while.

It doesn't matter if you tag Dangerfield, he will still get away if the ball's being tapped down his throat. You would think Beveridge would have learned after a rubbish player like Vardy had a strong game, but no, he still wants to put short guys in the ruck. It's his favorite tactic since 2015, and it has never worked.

Same story of season just cannot put a game together players picking and choosing when they want to really put in.

Cloke and Redpath tried and as expected failed, cannot play together again one goes out for Roughead.

Williams was so bad tonight, slow and sold trouble to all around him, no left foot either.

Clay smith just cannot move, snail pace slow and can only put in a quarter effort, cant have that had Lipinski not been injured he would be in the side by now in replacement.

Hunter has gone completely off the boil, I have no idea what role he is trying to play but it aint working

Disappointing night for sure, and next week is the crucible, lose that and bye bye doggies. We have been murdered in the middle all year. Am afraid that we will never beat Geelong, they have always been our bogie side. One thing I do ask is that we did win the flag last year, and yet for starters we have had to play GWS away, Geelong away, West Coast away, the draw is crap.

Frustrating night fellas. Hopefully we can pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start playing players in their best positions again. Ruck inclusive, whether that's BTC or Roughy. It's not a dead position yet and we need to at least break even at the stoppage. I get the value of versatility and unpredictability but at some point we just need a bit of reliability and consistency.

Someone always has a career day against us. Petrie, Daw, leigh brown now harry taylor to the list.

Roughead is going to make a big differnce to our structure.

I know we lost, but I am actually encouraged by what I saw.

Dickson and wallis will be better for the run. Baily dale showed a bit.

Toyd showed some of the september form from last year.

I just see our season springboarding from here.

Next week, cloke out, roughy in. Williams out biggs in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there was an unlike button I'd smash it here.
Thought Cloke was good going into the ruck and completely robbed by the Selwood loving umps

Seriously, how was that not holding the ball?

Very, disappointing, nice for the Cats their old players stood up, Taylor, old mediocre hack has to kick five against us. Mitch "the plodder" played a great first game back, umpires had one set of rules for the dogs and another set for Geelong, that call saying Bob didn't kick the ball which resulted in a Geelong goal was disgraceful.

That free that was paid against Cloke, which resulted in a fifty metre penalty, disgraceful.

We tackled and didn't get rewarded for our effort.

Anyone bagging Adams for that game has literally no idea.

Was good, killed Hawkins. Made some really poor decisions with ball in hand but it's probably the highest intensity match his every played. He'll be better for it, just needs to make sharper decisions

Cloke's last quarter:

Gives away the 50
Attempts to kick goal of the year by torping from outside 50
Twice, when we're out and running, slows our momentum by terrible kicks.

Roughead surely comes in for him.
Said as much when I predicted the side. Leave him out and Rough in. Also said tag Selwood and Danger. It doesn't seem too hard this coaching gig. Yet we can't do it. And why we dropped Cordy and Roberts is beyond me. Drop one, leave the other. And of course, Taylor kicks 5.

188.-Scott-Jeffery.jpg

This campaigner swung the match with a shit decision and then handed them a goal with 50 meter penalty. Nice.
Yep

Absolute killer, same with the Bob call

No blaming umps from me. We weren't good enough.

Thought our fwd line looked better tonight.

Great to see Boyd take some marks.

Wallis was a beast. Brilliant return.

We can't carry Cloke and Redpath. I actually lol'd when Red got lost under a high ball and took half an hour to turn and couldn't get to the drop of the ball. Cloke's lack of discipline was terrible but he got involved in the last. More inclined to play Cloke. A better fit up the ground.

Poor old Williams was terrible. Lacked composure. Shocking decision making. Must go.

Webb didn't get it enough but his kicking is sublime. Dale was OK in patches. Not sure why McLean isn't playing ahead of either. Hope he and Libba earn a swift recall along with Rough for Red.

Jong was pretty decent. Better than Bont tonight. So I imagine Bont is playing injured. :-(.

Murph is slowing down if Fatty Porkins can catch him. Not good. But his kicking is still good, he just needs to adjust to decreased pace. Hope he can.

Big picture is this.

Wallis, Morris, Dickson will all be so much better for the run.

Stringer, Libba and Roughead are just around the corner.

We're playing as poorly as we have under beveridge and we've taken Geelong, west coast and GWS to the wire on the road.

I'm not happy. I don't recognise this team. But we can build.
No...we are apparently shit and disgusting. This board gets more and more like the Richmond board with every passing week. I can't be bothered any more - time to do something more productive and enjoyable with my time. The negativity is destroying my enjoyment of the footy.

Really REALLY annoying. I wish Cloke had kept his mouth shut. The 50 metre penalty hurt too much. Dogs should have won. Rolls eyes and hopes for better next week.

w

Geez that loss infuriates me

Woeful second quarter and two brain fades (Cloke and Adams) in the last quarter cos us big time

I thought we had a lot of good players tonight - Murphy, Tom Boyd, Wallis, Dahlhaus, Macrae all were very good.

The strangehold Geelong had on us in that 2nd quarter was something else. We just couldn't deal with it. Not sure which commentator said it (Carey?) but they were right in saying we sometimes just need to slow it down.

Cloke's brain fade was galling as hell. It's just not good enough for a senior player.

Adams - WTF? Seriously WTAF? That was terrible. Absolutely and utterly horrendous. Horror show. What on earth was he thinking? That was more costly than the Cloke one

Williams is copping a fair bit - I agree he didn't have the best game, but he's been very good since returning.

I don't think we are far off it- we aren't playing badly as such, just not consistently.

But yeah geez that loss is irritating, and yes it's even more irritating losing to them again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats def Dogs 104-81

Remove this Banner Ad

Back