Autopsy Cats def Dogs 104-81

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with the way we play is that we don't match up against certain sides, Geelong loves playing us, 4 points every time. They have us physically and mentally. Williams is too slow in mind, very happy with Dale's game, skill galore, Adams was good again, he killed Hawkins. Daniel hesitated a bit too much, but he is still a good player, Jong was terrific, we tried, but we were simply outgunned. Mind you, it is a bit hard when Selwood has his own set of rules to play with.

Webb was absolutely horrible. Doesn't get anywhere near enough of it as a mid.

Can't play Cloke and Redpath together.

We need to fix that centre bounce getting hammered there all year.

I've never understood Webb as a mid. He's tentative, second to the pill and can't accumulate. We've butchered him IMO.

Only one person to blame for that loss and that is Bev

Not playing Libba against Danger when he totally destroyed him down there last year until he got injured

Playing Boyd Red and Cloke

Not tagging Danger or Selwood

Absolutely p!ss poor coaching I think Bev needs to stop reading his own mail and stop p!ssibg around.

Exactly. They have 2 good players. The rest are just average players and yet he still won't wear them like a glove. Perplexing is the kindest word i can use for his coaching against this team now

People talk about consistency of performance from game to game, but the dogs don't even have it from quarter to quarter.

The second and fourth quarter were simply disgusting. There won't even be finals if that what's going to be dished up.

Seriously, across the season thus far I'd say Adelaide, gws, Geelong, port, wc, saints, Melbourne, Freo have all been comfortably better than the dogs. If it doesn't change post bye it'll be 2009 all over again.

Said as much when I predicted the side. Leave him out and Rough in. Also said tag Selwood and Danger. It doesn't seem too hard this coaching gig. Yet we can't do it. And why we dropped Cordy and Roberts is beyond me. Drop one, leave the other. And of course, Taylor kicks 5.
I can understand the battle if they're both coming back at the same time, but one bloke had a week's run in his leg and the other different. One bloke played 25 games for a premiership team, the other didn't. One bloke could chop out Boyd as a 2nd ruck even if you were instant that Boyd should remain 1st ruck, the other couldn't.

Roberts also plays on Taylor and keeps him quiet. A game lost at the selection table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one person to blame for that loss and that is Bev

Not playing Libba against Danger when he totally destroyed him down there last year until he got injured

Playing Boyd Red and Cloke

Not tagging Danger or Selwood

Absolutely p!ss poor coaching I think Bev needs to stop reading his own mail and stop p!ssibg around.

Libba is/was completely out of form mate, most were calling for him to be dropped last week and were happy that he was.

Why in the F*k was Selwood or Dangerfield not tagged? The pies did it for a whole game (won) Essendon tagged both in patches last week (won)

We have Picken who started his career as a tagger and he's out of form. Why did this not happen??????

More to the point. If your letting any side get away by 5 goals but willing to work back in to contest how committed are you or are we just keeping appearances?

We have beaten nobody's this year and even they were not convincing wins. But to loose to a side that has only a handful of good players is just woeful.

Can't stomach this one. Utterly disgusted and disappointed

Geez that loss infuriates me

Woeful second quarter and two brain fades (Cloke and Adams) in the last quarter cos us big time

I thought we had a lot of good players tonight - Murphy, Tom Boyd, Wallis, Dahlhaus, Macrae all were very good.

The strangehold Geelong had on us in that 2nd quarter was something else. We just couldn't deal with it. Not sure which commentator said it (Carey?) but they were right in saying we sometimes just need to slow it down.

Cloke's brain fade was galling as hell. It's just not good enough for a senior player.

Adams - WTF? Seriously WTAF? That was terrible. Absolutely and utterly horrendous. Horror show. What on earth was he thinking? That was more costly than the Cloke one

Williams is copping a fair bit - I agree he didn't have the best game, but he's been very good since returning.

I don't think we are far off it- we aren't playing badly as such, just not consistently.

But yeah geez that loss is irritating, and yes it's even more irritating losing to them again.
Macrae was horrendous, could not lay a tackle to save himself

How many times did Selwood or Danger fend him off and break away? Too many to count.

Get Matty Boyd in the team. Beveridge still hasn't coached a win without him. We're basically gifting the opposition 280 games head start in experience.

So it's official. We have a premiership hangover ladies and gentlemen.
I dunno. Just think we're a young team that got hot at the right time and won a flag.

Obviously it was a tad hasty to think that this team was good enough to back it up with top 4 after coming 7th.

No...we are apparently shit and disgusting. This board gets more and more like the Richmond board with every passing week. I can't be bothered any more - time to do something more productive and enjoyable with my time. The negativity is destroying my enjoyment of the footy.
Hooray! It worked :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats def Dogs 104-81

Remove this Banner Ad

Back