Remove this Banner Ad

chapmanmagic35

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
The Crows are on fire!

Alot has been said about your backline over the last couple of weeks (eg. Rutten, Bock etc).

Just say that:

Kingsley
Ottens
Chapman
Ablett
Playfair

...are in the forward line at the same time, who do you think will take them???

Cheers fellas...

chapmanmagic35 said:
The Crows are on fire!

Alot has been said about your backline over the last couple of weeks (eg. Rutten, Bock etc).

Just say that:

Kingsley
Ottens
Chapman
Ablett
Playfair

...are in the forward line at the same time, who do you think will take them???

Cheers fellas...

Start with the big boys.
I'd expect Rutten to go with Ottens and Bock on Playfair.

Bassett will probably line up on Kingsley. Both are similar sized players so that seems reasonable.

Mcleod may go with Ablett, as he has been lining up on similar dangerous players in previous weeks (Davey and Lovett for example) and maybe Doughty might get Chapman.

That's my best guess, but who knows.

Any injuries or news down at the cats ? Would have been handy for us if Hunt missed.

GoSarge said:
Start with the big boys.
I'd expect Rutten to go with Ottens and Bock on Playfair.

Bassett will probably line up on Kingsley. Both are similar sized players so that seems reasonable.

Mcleod may go with Ablett, as he has been lining up on similar dangerous players in previous weeks (Davey and Lovett for example) and maybe Doughty might get Chapman.

That's my best guess, but who knows.

Any injuries or news down at the cats ? Would have been handy for us if Hunt missed.

Think you got it pretty right Sarge. Especially, re: the bigfellas. Chapman/Ablett are quality smalls and will be tough match-ups. To start with, I'd go Macca on Ablett and Torney on Chapman.

I thought I'd throw this one up. If Craig persists with playing Reilly in the backline then he may be a good match for Chapman. Of course, this would require him getting on the ground. :p

Chapman is an interesting one. Tough and nuggety, but also reasonably slippery. Perhaps too slippery for Torney ? Perhaps too tough and strong for Doughty ?

Will be interesting to see how NC goes about containing him.

GoSarge said:
Chapman is an interesting one. Tough and nuggety, but also reasonably slippery. Perhaps too slippery for Torney ? Perhaps too tough and strong for Doughty ?

Will be interesting to see how NC goes about containing him.

id be suprised if torney didnt get him.

Which "class" player have Geelong got that we need to match-up on?
I cant think of any that we will need to negate from having a matchwinning performance.

Crows and Geelong (in terms of top ten stats and ladder posy are even); but the Crows do have matchwinners.

topjars said:
Which "class" player have Geelong got that we need to match-up on?
I cant think of any that we will need to negate from having a matchwinning performance.

Hard call to make. We don't have any of the 'class above the rest' players in our team, but any one of them can win us a game in the last quarter.
If things get tight near the end of the game, I wouldn't be thinking "stop linga and we win" I would just be looking at which one of our midfielders is going nuts and try stop them :)
Joel Corey will be good to watch (first week back from minor knee cleanup)
Corey Enright will run out the game
Linga, Bartel, Kelly...you don't know who's going to be a little down...you down't know who's going to have a blinder.
The thing is that most of our midfielders are similar, so even if different players go nuts in patches, you should be able to make a quick switch and be covered...maybe :)

Either way, this is looking like a really close game, dissapointed I won't be making it.

Good luck to your boys, but I do hope they get struck with whatever we have had the last few weeks :)

GO CATS!

Pat.

On the injury front, Joel Corey and Henry Playfair are expected to return (I haven't got the teams. This is just what they said during the week). They also announced today that Tim Callan had undergone a shoulder operation although he wasn't currently in the side.

Dave Johnson did his hammy last week and will certainly miss this week and will probably miss upto 4.

I can't think of anything else at the moment...

patdman said:
Hard call to make. We don't have any of the 'class above the rest' players in our team, but any one of them can win us a game in the last quarter.
If things get tight near the end of the game, I wouldn't be thinking "stop linga and we win" I would just be looking at which one of our midfielders is going nuts and try stop them :)
Joel Corey will be good to watch (first week back from minor knee cleanup)
Corey Enright will run out the game
Linga, Bartel, Kelly...you don't know who's going to be a little down...you down't know who's going to have a blinder.
The thing is that most of our midfielders are similar, so even if different players go nuts in patches, you should be able to make a quick switch and be covered...maybe :)

Either way, this is looking like a really close game, dissapointed I won't be making it.

Good luck to your boys, but I do hope they get struck with whatever we have had the last few weeks :)

GO CATS!

Pat.

With King not playing i hope Ottens has to do some rucking my only concern is we have got some good press over here and we are not use to that.

Should be a good game (I hope).

I reckon Geelong are exciting to watch despite losing a few of late but am hoping they don't turn it on later today and are not exciting at all. I am also hoping that we do turn it on and play like we did last week especially since I will be there.

GO CROWS!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats match-ups...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back