Game Day Cats V Dogs at a Windswept Kardinia Park 20/7/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Geelong only playing Cameron as a key forward, I wonder if that means he'll be isolated inside F50 a lot more, or whether he'll roam up field as he usually does, leaving them entirely bereft of talls in their F50. I could see playing very small work extremely well for them, we essentially have no defender who can play a ground ball game.

Will be interesting. Since Hawkins has been out he has been playing much deeper than earlier in the season.

They have Rohan and Ollie Henry (who was their most targeted forward early in the season), so they still have options at FF if they want him to roam.

I think you're right, he was sub against the Cats earlier in the year and was just about BOG for us in Q4. The last two weeks have also been his 2 highest time on ground matches for the year, so it could also be a fitness load move. Ideally we need him close to full fitness for the last month or so.
Cats also have a few big bodies of their own around clearances so we'll need reinforcements at some point. Given the conditions, I can't see it being much other than a war of attrition #hammywatch

I'm glad I'm sitting in my warm living room on my comfy recliner chair.

Anything is possible. I live in hope.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Geelong only playing Cameron as a key forward, I wonder if that means he'll be isolated inside F50 a lot more, or whether he'll roam up field as he usually does, leaving them entirely bereft of talls in their F50. I could see playing very small work extremely well for them, we essentially have no defender who can play a ground ball game.
Yep this looks a ridiculous team for the conditions.

If I’m wrong ( which I pray I am ) I will be first on to apologise and I won’t bother you again.

Feeling like they’re stacked too tall for these conditions. Predicting ball will spend more time on the ground with slippery conditions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which tall do you drop though?

I’m not dropping Darcy just because of weather, he’s a genuinely good forward.

Roll with our structure and if we need to go smaller Macrae is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back