Caulfield Saturday 11th October - Caulfield Guinease Day

Remove this Banner Ad

oH MAN I told myself i wouldnt take a quaddie today but i put on a little one for about 5%. Got the first two and the last but for some reason when the race came i backed the 10 so i picked up 100 but if i put it in the quad it would have been $900. Someone shoot me. Got the trif in the last so that kinda helps but still shattered. Got a F4 in the last a rosehill hope that gets up and pays 8 million otherwise GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

oH MAN I told myself i wouldnt take a quaddie today but i put on a little one for about 5%. Got the first two and the last but for some reason when the race came i backed the 10 so i picked up 100 but if i put it in the quad it would have been $900. Someone shoot me. Got the trif in the last so that kinda helps but still shattered. Got a F4 in the last a rosehill hope that gets up and pays 8 million otherwise GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Oh yeah thats terrible that the trifecta only payed $1287.50 in the last race u must be shattered.

needed impressive eagle 2 get up for me, and i woulda got the qauddie
Not the only one in that boat and I had IE and Okaylah 3rd, and was not happy with Boss' ride on Olonana, he was so preoccupied by trying to get it to the outside he forgot to ride it. Thought the inside was fine all day and Winks proved that where as Lucky secret might have won if they kept him on the rail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain to me how the quaddie works and how you bet on it.
The quaddie is pretty simple to explain.
You have to pick the winner of 4 pre-selected races. in Horse racing its the last 4, not sure what its on the dogs and trots, also there are foot quaddies.

Now you can take as many horses as you wnt in each leg, if you have the money you could even take field x field x field x field, but it costs ya.
You multiply the number of runners in each leg, say 3x3x3x3 = $81.

The Quaddie will have a pool of around $400k most saturday, but it goes up on the bigger days, during the spring it'll be arund $1.5 million.
You can take what is now known as a flexi quaddie, just say you have $50 to spend, you can take any amount of runners as long as it works out t be greater than 1%.

I spend about $50 on the quaddie, most of the time I'll take 5 horses in each leg and like today I'll get 3 legs,
The TAB's & race clubs try to make sure that the 4 hardest races are the quaddie legs as well, theres always a mares race in the last it seems.

The quaddie is pretty simple to explain.
You have to pick the winner of 4 pre-selected races. in Horse racing its the last 4, not sure what its on the dogs and trots, also there are foot quaddies.

Now you can take as many horses as you wnt in each leg, if you have the money you could even take field x field x field x field, but it costs ya.
You multiply the number of runners in each leg, say 3x3x3x3 = $81.

The Quaddie will have a pool of around $400k most saturday, but it goes up on the bigger days, during the spring it'll be arund $1.5 million.
You can take what is now known as a flexi quaddie, just say you have $50 to spend, you can take any amount of runners as long as it works out t be greater than 1%.

I spend about $50 on the quaddie, most of the time I'll take 5 horses in each leg and like today I'll get 3 legs,
The TAB's & race clubs try to make sure that the 4 hardest races are the quaddie legs as well, theres always a mares race in the last it seems.

Hey thanks for that the_fresh. You lost me at the bolded stuff... how/where does the pool come from? What do you mean by 1%? Would an online betting agency (im with www.sportsbet.com.au) offer the quaddie?

The pool is the total amount of money people have bet on the quaddie. So if 100 people all put $20 on a quaddie the pool would be $2000. The quaddie dividend represents 100% of the payout. Flexi betting means you can spend less and recieve a smaller % of the payout. So if the quaddie pays $3000 that is for 100%; if you only had it for 50% then you only get $1500.

Ecclair Fantastic is a freak, there is absolutely no way
that the horse gets done tommorow, was a massive
performance last start, one of the biggest ive seen this yr.

Group 1 in the making if ive ever seen one..

Whobegotyou, unless the track is against him, he wins.
Everyone is looking for something to beat him, but his
last start was a cake walk, he is the real deal and can
only be beaten by bias - and if they walk.

Others to look out for :

Lucky Secret, at his best he is the best sprinter in the land,
its just whether he can re-capture his best and show everyone
what he is capable of.

Would be very suprised if there isnt at least 2 winners in those tips.

Mate, good effort, the all up I played didnt come through.
But 2 winners and a 2nd is good enough for me to stick with you next wk.

Can you PM me some tips for next weekend before sat, as im busy leading
up to the weekend, thanks man.

Well, Pompeii pulled like a bastard. It cost him in the end, with it being such a short margin. He wouldn't want to be doing that over 2400m if he starts in the CC.

Maybe Better I think has cost himself another cups campaign on that run. He pulled harder than Pompeii did. I don't know what got into those two today. Both generally settle OK.

Anyway, I am having a prick of a spring so far!

Forgot to say this on raceday but reflecting back to that day, Wilander is a cracking looking horse. One of the best horses I've ever seen. Here's a pic of the horse for all wondering what the horse looks like ;

PM_wilander_wideweb__470x410,0.jpg

Forgot to say this on raceday but reflecting back to that day, Wilander is a cracking looking horse. One of the best horses I've ever seen. Here's a pic of the horse for all wondering what the horse looks like ;

PM_wilander_wideweb__470x410,0.jpg

To me he looks to have a smallish head.

But then again, Might & Power had a shocking near front

Remove this Banner Ad

Caulfield Saturday 11th October - Caulfield Guinease Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back