CC's Draft Prospectus 2008 - Top 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Not 100% confident obviously (that'd be foolish), but I've heard mumblings, and seeing him myself also justifies this opinion.

Honestly CC, how much have you seen of Rich? I trust you're not making these statements on the back of 1-2 games on tv?

From what I've seen over the past 2 years, Daniel is one of the hardest working mids going around.

Honestly CC, how much have you seen of Rich? I trust you're not making these statements on the back of 1-2 games on tv?

From what I've seen over the past 2 years, Daniel is one of the hardest working mids going around.
Rich has struggled with a tag.

I've seen quite a few WAFL games and to me it just doesn't seem he works hard enough.

Have some info from a clubs local recruiter on this (who is a mate of mine) and says a similar thing.

I could be wrong...I'm just stating my opinion. What I think won't affect who takes Daniel Rich.

CC, bud, great work, Hartlett would be a great pick up, although you are right with Adelaide's pick being absolute lottery, we are just as likely to skip Hartlett as we are to pick him, although I'm sure Rendell will pick up a champ, he's done pretty good by us so far, so I don't see why this year won't be any different.

I've seen quite a few WAFL games and to me it just doesn't seem he works hard enough.

Have some info from a clubs local recruiter on this (who is a mate of mine) and says a similar thing.

I could be wrong...I'm just stating my opinion. What I think won't affect who takes Daniel Rich.

Cotch struggled with a "tag" last year

The orthodox view is we are massively barred up over Rich.

That may not be so, if you do turn out to be correct, respect to you.

Maverick Weller – The 16-year-old won 15 disposals – not looking out of place. He looks very composed, uses the ball well and makes good decisions. I'm really looking forward to watching him play in Queensland in a few weeks' time, when the under 16 championships are on. He played under 16s as a bottom-age player last year, so I think these two under 18 matches will help him in the bigger picture. -- Source - Afl.com.au
The Eagles need to draft this kid so that he can become " a legend of the West" !;)

Ive been watching the wafl colts and have seen players like neville jetta, michael walters and pearce, but there is a kid down at peel thunder named johnny bennell played state 18's and also played his first league game on the weekend. . .

He has really developed he is super quick has a huge leap and works hard on his 1%'s and tackles (laid 3 tackles on the w/e that were all holding the ball) he could be a flier in the draft and a top prospect for an afl club

there are also a few others coming throught peel thunder at the moment such as mitchell green (looks a really good player always has time, great skills and hard at the ball) chris luff (phenomenal talent orks reallly hard and takes somme great grabs)
and jake withers (good moving player has a great left foot)

does ny one have ny information on these players and if you agree they are a chance to get drafted?

Ive been watching the wafl colts and have seen players like neville jetta, michael walters and pearce, but there is a kid down at peel thunder named johnny bennell played state 18's and also played his first league game on the weekend. . .

He has really developed he is super quick has a huge leap and works hard on his 1%'s and tackles (laid 3 tackles on the w/e that were all holding the ball) he could be a flier in the draft and a top prospect for an afl club?

Played an impressive game against NSW/ACT - kicked 4 goals and was one of WA's best (2nd best after Walters IMO). Much quieter against Vic Country (and SA from reports/stats) and didn't play the rest of the carnival (injured I'm guessing?). Will be interesting to see how he goes the rest of this WAFL season - don't know about a top draft prospect - despite being very talented (as you mentioned quick, big leap, good football/goal nous) - he's very small (listed at 174cm) and skinny (68kg), which tends to see you drop a bit.

dont rate that order at all very disappointing but i like the enthusiasm.

Intersting that u say Rich wont be drafted by the eagles i question that but im not going to take my thoughts for granted.

I think you rate the VIC kids a little high and also i would be disappointed to get Roughead with dons second pick.

Pretty sure there is are priority picks this year is this confirmed

hey there big unit. . .

Thats a fair judgement of him. . .
he has grown to 176cm and has been working in the gym over the season now weighs 74kg. . .

I could see him going third round anywhere between 30-60 maybe even taken and put on the rookie lists would be a fantastic pick up for freo IMO.

He didnt play the remainder of the state carnival as he was dropped for yarran coming back from injury. . . he was told he didnt apply enough defensive pressure, so hes gone back to the club and worked extremely hard for 4-6 weeks and has really developed that. . . as you can see from his league debut he was brilliant in that aspect of the game

with respect to others mentioned:
- Mitch Green - playing reserves for peel atm got promoted from the colts looks close to a league game in my opinion he is 182cm and 80kgs, this kid looks to have just hasent had the exposure in the state sides yet (as he is from country)

- Chris Luff - tall utility playing colts atm but should be looking at being promoted. . . works really hard around the ground seems to have a good engine and can run all day. . . i reckon he will go fairly high in next years draft

Have you got any opinions on these players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice work, CC.

Was suprised to see you go for a small with Hawthorns' first pick, though.
Who would you be looking at?

I just get the feeling that you guys have enough young KPP's (Franklin, Roughhead, Dowler, Thorp etc) that you don't need another...atleast not with your first pick.

dont rate that order at all very disappointing but i like the enthusiasm.

Intersting that u say Rich wont be drafted by the eagles i question that but im not going to take my thoughts for granted.

I think you rate the VIC kids a little high and also i would be disappointed to get Roughead with dons second pick.

Pretty sure there is are priority picks this year is this confirmed
Each to their own, that's the fun of watching games, doing your own ranking and posting it for others to see!

Who would you be looking at?

I just get the feeling that you guys have enough young KPP's (Franklin, Roughhead, Dowler, Thorp etc) that you don't need another...atleast not with your first pick.

Hard to say, CC. I don't know much about the kids in the draft, but i'm pretty sure that we'd be looking to get a solid backman with our first pick.

Whether that's Trengove or Lisle or even someone else - I don't know!

Yeh, I daresay we would be?

But I doubt Richmond would even put him on the table? ...

Him and Moore look like forming a solid partnership down back for you guys?
Yeah just food for thought. We seem to have a few key defenders on our list so we might see if we could trade one to fix another need. Moore and Thursfield are probably the only ones with any value, and I prefer Moore at this stage. We have Rance to come into our side.

Having said that I doubt we would trade him either.

Yeah just food for thought. We seem to have a few key defenders on our list so we might see if we could trade one to fix another need. Moore and Thursfield are probably the only ones with any value, and I prefer Moore at this stage. We have Rance to come into our side.

Having said that I doubt we would trade him either.

It's funny, Hawthorn have a surplus of KPF, Richmond have a surplus of KPD.

Remove this Banner Ad

CC's Draft Prospectus 2008 - Top 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back