CC's Draft Prospectus 2008 - Top 30

Remove this Banner Ad

players that struggle with tags in u/18s is no big deal as they arent gonna get tagged straight away in the afl

any chance clubs wont put a first round bid on Ayce Cordy, As a dogs fan would love to get Johnstone first round and Cordy with a second round pick. Any thoughts?

I believe Hawthorn should try and get Jared Rivers, i love him to death but if the offer was on the table melbourne might try and trade him, probably Hawthorns second round pick.

Boyle + Hawthorn's third round pick for Rivers

We dont want boyle because he is too old for Dean Bailey, who wants to build from young players. probably and early second rounder would be what it takes because he has been injured quite often

any chance clubs wont put a first round bid on Ayce Cordy, As a dogs fan would love to get Johnstone first round and Cordy with a second round pick. Any thoughts?
I think it could go either way but I'm leaning towards us having to use our first rounder. Adelaide and probably Sydney would be having a good look at him IMO but the shoulder injury may have changed their thoughts. It would be a dream if he slipped through and we grabbed someone like Johnstone or Cornelius perhaps.

That would be an absolute steal for the Dogs if that happen and i'm sure, after the season is finished, the whole club will be praying for this to happen. If it does, i'll be shocked, Sydney and Adelaide will bid for him even with his injury troubles, i've seen him play, he is worth a first round pick for sure.

Jared Rivers will not be traded.

In a way when he gets his body right he'll almost be a new recruit to the MFC. Let's freaking hope he gets over his injuries cause he's been out of the game for 2 years now.

We dont want boyle because he is too old for Dean Bailey, who wants to build from young players. probably and early second rounder would be what it takes because he has been injured quite often

Boyle is only early 20s with less than 40 games of AFL experience. He'd give you a tall target up forward, which would be of benefit to say, Watts, should Melbourne draft him (particularly with Robertson not available for a lot of 2009).

Roughead and Franklin benefitted from having Barker and Dixon in the Hawthorn forward line in their first two seasons on Hawthorn's list. With Neitz retired and Robertson injured, I couldn't see someone like Brad Miller being the forward "general" all on his own. Boyle wouldn't be a panacea by any stretch but he'd help the Demons out whilst Watts and Newton develop.

First Round

1- Melbourne - Jack Watts
2- West Coast - Daniel Rich
3- P. Adelaide - Nick Naitanui
4- Fremantle - Hamish Hartlett
5- Essendon - Michael Hurley
6- Carlton - Shaun McKernan
7- Brisbane - Jack Ziebell
8- Collingwood - Steele Sidebottom
9- Richmond - Nick Suban
10- N. Mmelbourne - Sam Blease
11- Adelaide - Tyrone Vickery
12- St Kilda - Nic Heyne
13- Sydney - Lewis Johnstone
14- W. Bulldogs - Ayce Cordy
15- Hawthorn - David Zaharakis
16- Geelong - Jordan Lisle

Priority Picks

17- Melbourne - Jackson Trengove
18- West Coast - Chris Yarren

Second Round

19- Melbourne - Aaron Cornelius
20- West Coast - Mitch Robinson
21- P. Adelaide - Stephen Hill
22- Fremantle - Matt Deboer
23- Essendon - Tom Salter
24- Carlton - Tom Rockliff
25- Brisbane - Tom Swift
26- Collingwood - Jamie Sheahan
27- Richmond - Tom Lynch
28- N. Melbourne - Jordan Roughead
29- Adelaide - Clancee Pearce
30- St Kilda - Michael Walters

Tell me what you think.

^^ on freo's picks. why would we take hartlett over ziebell IYO. that's a genuine question, i would pick ziebell personally. also i would be very dissapointed if we took deboer with any of our first 3 picks. he will play afl, because of his run and carry, but he lacks class and finishing skills which are essential for an outside player

Well done mate, not a bad effort at all. Definetly one of the better first rounds i have seen. If Brisbane end up with Ziebell and Swift i will be over the moon...but somehow i just cant see Ziebell slipping past 5/6 pick. He is a classy midfielder and i rekon he will be snapped up around then. I could be wrong though...i hope im wrong;)
I also feel Mckernan will slip to Richmond and Brisbane will get Sidebottom. Interesting to see the Pies pick if Sidebottom is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people think that Adelaide will pick up a ruckman (Vickery) with their first pick? Some people even seem to think that Adelaide would be bidding on the services of Ayce Cordy.

The Crows have four young ruckmen on their list - Maric (22yo), Griffin (22), Moran (21) and Tippett (21) - all of whom have shown something at stages this year. I just can't see them using their first round pick on a ruckman when we have major needs in other areas - primarily midfield and KPP forwards.

Adelaide probably will take another young ruckman, but they will probably be taken with a late draft pick or possibly even in the rookie draft.

First Round

9- Richmond - Nick Suban

Tell me what you think.
After getting Kreuzer last year and Hampson the year before that what makes you think that Carlton would be at all interested in drafted a third young ruck/forward in three years with yet another early pick?

First Round

9- Richmond - Nick Suban
12- St Kilda - Nic Heyne

Priority Picks

Second Round

25- Brisbane - Tom Swift
27- Richmond - Tom Lynch

Tell me what you think.

If melbourne get Watts and Trengove with our first 2 picks we won't take another tall in Cornelius with our third pick.....

If melbourne get Watts and Trengove with our first 2 picks we won't take another tall in Cornelius with our third pick.....

i'm from tassie, i dont think salter will go! too slow, mitch is a talent kicking lets him down some times 189 cm jet fast could be a brett deledio or should i dare say chris judd corneilius has very sticky hands!
one to look out for is tom allwright very good strong marking medium midfield type great kid too!

I would like us to get Rockliff with our 2nd round pick. I have only seen him play in the telstra dome match, I thought he was a very clever forward.

Reading TAC results since the championships he has had some very good games.

I would like us to get Rockliff with our 2nd round pick. I have only seen him play in the telstra dome match, I thought he was a very clever forward.

Reading TAC results since the championships he has had some very good games.
Tell Gilly you want the Blues to take Rockliff in the second round. ;) :D
First Round

9- Richmond - Nick Suban
12- St Kilda - Nic Heyne

Priority Picks

Second Round

25- Brisbane - Tom Swift
27- Richmond - Tom Lynch

Tell me what you think.
You have us passing on Ziebell for McKernan.

It might be wishfull thinking to have your club drafting Yarran and Robinson after Zaharakis and Trengove. ;)

Is Cahill worth our second rounder?

Rich, Yarran, Robinson would be an awesome draft for Westcoast. Our Midfield will be set for the next 10 years.

First Round

9- Richmond - Nick Suban
10- N. Melbourne - Sam Blease
12- St Kilda - Nic Heyne

i would be very happy with that :thumbsu:

i'm from tassie, i dont think salter will go! too slow, mitch is a talent kicking lets him down some times 189 cm jet fast could be a brett deledio or should i dare say chris judd corneilius has very sticky hands!
one to look out for is tom allwright very good strong marking medium midfield type great kid too!

IMO he will go, seems to have the goods, you dont know if you dont give them a go, every one was saying that about a certain player, he is now one of the elite ball winners in the AFL, Sam Mitchell ring a bell, yes he did it the hard way (VFL -> AFL ) but he isnt the quickest bloke. Tom reminds me a little of Daniel Cross, is hard at it, may be a little stronger than Cross but reminds me a little of him.

Tell Gilly you want the Blues to take Rockliff in the second round. ;) :D

You have us passing on Ziebell for McKernan.

It might be wishfull thinking to have your club drafting Yarran and Robinson after Zaharakis and Trengove. ;)

Is Cahill worth our second rounder?

I think he is definatly worth a second round pick very doubtful he could go higher then that however.. the stats that he gained throughout the carnival are incredibly impressive: 1st in scoring shots, 2nd in contested marks and 3rd in goal assists.. these stats are compared against every team in the carnival not just his team mates

Remove this Banner Ad

CC's Draft Prospectus 2008 - Top 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back