Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Eric kuret is the only edfl footballer who's lived up to he's reputation in the cmfl. The travel, size of the grounds and not being able to train with the team, usually equates to a dip in their form and possibly the mentality of a drop in standard and expectation to dominate turbs, I'd suggest they are better going to the riddell for a country footy experience

Eric kuret is the only edfl footballer who's lived up to he's reputation in the cmfl. The travel, size of the grounds and not being able to train with the team, usually equates to a dip in their form and possibly the mentality of a drop in standard and expectation to dominate turbs, I'd suggest they are better going to the riddell for a country footy experience
Great point. The style of footy from Melbourne to the cmfl and other country leagues in the area is completely different. You can’t just boot the footy out of a contest because of the small grounds in Melbourne, you’ll be found out pretty quickly with a quick rebound over your head.

Might’ve answered yourself for the first point perhaps.
Second point, you said yourself Gourdis would dominate the CMFL, from one of your powerhouse leagues I believe. And I'm pretty sure he'll be spoken about for years as a 19 goal legend in the country.
For what gourdis was rumoured to have been paid he should kicked 119 goals. He wasn’t even the best forward for Boga

For what gourdis was rumoured to have been paid he should kicked 119 goals. He wasn’t even the best forward for Boga

Was gunna take the piss according to old mate Turbo….some of us knew better. Good footy is player outside the Melbourne metro area.

To be honest some of the best metro footballers to come up have been out of the lesser known metro league like te Western Region, Southern League and nowadays the Mornington and Riddel Leagues

What attracts players to this comp other than huge $$ and nice country people at the clubs. I heard from a few players from different clubs the standard of footy is very ordinary..
Would be interested in seeing peoples opinions on the rankings of leagues under the AFLVIC CENTRAL VIC umbrella. Heres my thoughts.
1. BFNL
2.CMFL
3.HDFL
3.NCFL
5.LVFL
6.GRFL
Just my opinion. Couldnt split HDFL/NCFL as their elite teams are on a par with a distinct lack of overall depth from the rest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interested in seeing peoples opinions on the rankings of leagues under the AFLVIC CENTRAL VIC umbrella. Heres my thoughts.
1. BFNL
2.CMFL
3.HDFL
3.NCFL
5.LVFL
6.GRFL
Just my opinion. Couldnt split HDFL/NCFL as their elite teams are on a par with a distinct lack of overall depth from the rest
Yeah I agree with that. NCFL now in front of HDFL. CMFL definitely ahead of both from what I’ve seen in recent years.

Yep I don't think relegation or going up works as it ruins junior footy, especially for community clubs, I can't see gisborne, Maryborough, castlemaine being in that system anyway, they'd go ballarat, riddell central highlands way.

But many loddon valley and golden rivers clubs will merge or go into recess through lack of juniors, is there that big of deal travelling from sea lake to locky?

Yep I don't think relegation or going up works as it ruins junior footy, especially for community clubs, I can't see gisborne, Maryborough, castlemaine being in that system anyway, they'd go ballarat, riddell central highlands way.

But many loddon valley and golden rivers clubs will merge or go into recess through lack of juniors, is there that big of deal travelling from sea lake to locky?
Mate, I’m flat out getting excited to go there from Wyche.

Balranald to Heathcotte is 3 1/2 hours

Mate my opinion would be the standard of delivery coming in wouldn’t be overly great. Also the travel is not helpful. Yes the $$$ sounds great but is it really worth it?? Sounds great early then you start to think, OH this is not what it sounds…
Pretty sure Gourdis staying on again so must have been ok.

Central murray is still an okay standard of footy turbs, not as good as the ninties or early 2000s but there's big wide open grounds, great playing surfaces and it would sit between premier and div 1 edfl with the best teams.

Not sure pat fired too many Shots are woora tbh
Mate I valid your opinion as always, but would the top sides beat the top sides in edfl div1?? It’s probably more the depth in edfl of the bottom few would be to strong.

Pretty sure Pat went well just got hampered by injuries. They were very keen to have him back I’m told.

Cheers mate and have a great new year!

Balranald to anywhere is a long way, remember hay do that every 2nd week now
I don’t think it would affect these clubs as much as it would the ones around Bendigo. NCFL,GRFL and CMFL are used to the travel. It would be something different for the league’s closer to Bendigo and recruiting players when it is easier to play in leagues in the south with minimal travel.

Mate I valid your opinion as always, but would the top sides beat the top sides in edfl div1?? It’s probably more the depth in edfl of the bottom few would be to strong.

Pretty sure Pat went well just got hampered by injuries. They were very keen to have him back I’m told.

Cheers mate and have a great new year!

I think kerang and Balranald would both do okay against deer Park last year, if played on the big cmfl grounds

Anyone keen on doing a list of leagues as per spend. Heres my opinion.
1 NCFL
2 HDFL
3 CMFL
4 BFL
5 LVFL
6 GRFL
Opinion based on megaspend by Birchip/Nulli/Sea Lake, Mounts and a couple of Bendigo based HDFL clubs and historically never been overspending at Bfl teams
Happy New Year and best of luck to your teams

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back