Analysis Centre Bounce/Wing Attendance Megathread 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not exactly our strength in picking subs that can impact in a lot of different roles. Bruce is probably one of the best options in he can be thrown into multiple roles as the game requires.
AhChee another who would be able to come on in multiple positions.
Lincs injury has probably helped him maintain his position in the team this year.

Zorko may be a good option to be played as sub next year as a 36 yr old?
I doubt he plays most games as sub though, just for 1 every now and then to keep him fresh.

Its actually one of the better ways to watch the game and see how different plays occur. Although I get it sucks for this analysis

Analyzing the game for coaches with "goal to goal" is a given.
I believe clubs have all sorts of vision angles available to them.

Where you view the game from is an individual preference though.
We humans are a strange bunch.
I will guarantee posters on BF prefer different positions to view the game from.
My preference is pretty much where i am seated at the Gabba now, see image below.
I have changed seating only three times. Originally on the lower level and now on the upper level.
I am in section 424.
But that is at the Gabba.
Viewing from other grounds especially the MCG would be completely different.
Only been to the MCG once for last years GF.
Back row lower level did not like the seats at all.
But it was the GF so the atmosphere was great and sat next to Mal Michael. The final result not so much.

1723768649214.png

I still think people expect too much from the sub. It's just a backup position. Rarely do they have much of an influence and usually they don't get selected in the 22 because they're not that good
Completely agree.
It is only there to even the numbers up in case of concussion/injury.
The Pies sent their sub on with just 45 seconds to go last week and it was not because of injury.
Hopefully next year it is gone and have 5 on the bench.

Completely agree.
It is only there to even the numbers up in case of concussion/injury.
The Pies sent their sub on with just 45 seconds to go last week and it was not because of injury.
Hopefully next year it is gone and have 5 on the bench.
It’s a pretty rare event for a sub to come in for any team and have an immediate impact.
I could see a fresh Zorko coming on late in games next year with an immediate impact.
As he is an impact player.
But I also doubt he would be open to this as a semi permanent type of gig.

It’s a pretty rare event for a sub to come in for any team and have an immediate impact.
I could see a fresh Zorko coming on late in games next year with an immediate impact.
As he is an impact player.
But I also doubt he would be open to this as a semi permanent type of gig.

At the same time, if your team is good enough to have a fit, in form Zorko as the sub there wouldn't be many times you need him to come on and have an impact

At the same time, if your team is good enough to have a fit, in form Zorko as the sub there wouldn't be many times you need him to come on and have an impact
Does he get pushed out of the backline next year though? With Kiddy coming back in and still wanting to play the youth we have been running through there this year, McKenna could come back fitter next year for 1 last shot.
Or does Zorko go back forward and push out someone like Lohmann or AhChee or both with McCarthy also back into the fold at some stage next year?
Serious questions.
And we also need to be looking at the longer term, which this year has proved that we may have the players there without him as a permanent fixture.

Does he get pushed out of the backline next year though? With Kiddy coming back in and still wanting to play the youth we have been running through there this year, McKenna could come back fitter next year for 1 last shot.
Or does Zorko go back forward and push out someone like Lohmann or AhChee or both with McCarthy also back into the fold at some stage next year?
Serious questions.
And we also need to be looking at the longer term, which this year has proved that we may have the players there without him as a permanent fixture.

Wilmot to the wing and Zorko and Kiddy the rebounding small backs?

A few options

Wilmot to the wing and Zorko and Kiddy the rebounding small backs?

A few options
There will be a selection squeeze on next year no doubt, especially with another Ashcroft on the way.
Even more so if the ACL boys come back in good form.

Well at least I don't have to watch the misses when I spool through. Sharpy the perfect sub for an early Berry exit, position-wise.

The weird thing I noticed this week was one of the umps seemingly trying to get in the way of the wingers by basically standing straight in front of them prior to the bounce on a few occasions in the second half for whatever reason.

WA 2024 - Round 23.png
CBA 2024 - Round 23.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting thing I noticed if there was a stoppage bounce then Berry tried to go to Merrett. It seems we are starting to acknowledge the need to clamp down opposition top line mids by balancing Berry's time across wing and stoppage.

Bailey and Cal appear to swap in recent games.
I suppose it is to do with what the MC/Fagan think the best matchup is.
Cal may do a defensive job on a particular opposition halfback when forward.
Also, may have to do with who we play in defense Payne or Joyce.
Cal may play wing and help out more in defense if Joyce plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Centre Bounce/Wing Attendance Megathread 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back