Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

WA born player playing in Sydney = can only go back to WA. BigFooty101.

Love how we only discuss whether it's West Coast or Freo. There are other football in teams in other states that he might entertain. What's to stop him from going to Hawthorn who have cap space? St Kilda are in dire need of a mid. Geelong too.
Ain’t gonna happen. It’s wce or freo, if he leaves.

Very few clubs have contracts without a clause increasing existing contract payments in line with salary cap increases. I can only think of Essendon as one.

Essendon only starting doing that when Vozzo became their CEO because that is what West
Coast do.

So there are two clubs who don’t include TPP increases in contracts, one of which is West Coast.

Every cap but Sydney's apparently.

Beatson is negotiating new contracts but he'll get to the end of the year and go "oh shoot, we don't have any money for Warner. We gave Hayward the $900,000 he wanted and gave Heeney an extra $2mil just because we had all this extra money!"

No one else knew the cap was going up except for Warner. It was a hidden secret from Gulden, Florent, Hayward.

Boy are they gonna be in for a shock

There is no point in swans waiting until next year to trade him.

Do swan fans want to get draft picks diluted due to Tasmania. Has to be this year he goes.

Wce have the hand they need to make it happen.

First round pick
Future 1st
Second round pick
Future second round pick
The money to pay Warner
Playing with Harley Reid

Time for swans to pressure Warner. Non commitment should be taken as a no then start trade talks with wce
For maybe 12-months before he heads back to Victoria ;)

He signed an extension on his rookie deal to 2024 in early 2021, like most draftees, then extended for another year in 2022.

In hindsight, he signed too early in 2022. He went on to have a breakout year, was their best in a pretty limp team GF performance.

If he hadn’t signed the additional year extension in early 2022 he’d be on much bigger coin starting from next year. I don’t see him signing on early again. In hindsight it cost him 8-900K over 2023-25.

I can see him considering big offers that kick in from 2025 rather than playing for unders, but it’s more likely he remains until end of his deal.

Sydney could decide to offer him a new deal with an amended wage for 2025. At the moment keeping him on his current wage is daylight robbery by swans.

No wonder Chad gave the old “show me the money” celebration a few weeks back.

Have to say Swans fans are not coping particularly well.

Don’t think I’ve seen a fan base go so far off the deep end quite so quickly off nothing but an article in Fairfax.

Will be a long 16 months.
The opposite, all Swans saying it's not a concern meanwhile Eagles fans (particularly you) saying it's damning and proves he'll be leaving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be 100 pages of Dockaz and Weagles supporters frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs before he inevitably re-signs with Sydney early next year.

Even if this is the case, I like the fact both WA clubs are being aggressive trying to bring home WA talent, including players who are stars of comp, and hopefully they prise out a few players, whether it’s Chad or someone else.

Feel like grabbing WA boys has been a safe option for clubs, specifically Demons and Swans.

We need to make taking WA talent a risky proposition again.

Everyone is assuming he wants to go back to Perth. But is that actually the case? Has he ever talked about home sickness, and what sort of person is he? Partner from Perth? Big family?

Could he want to go to one of the big Vic clubs? or a lifestyle change to the Gold Coast or Brisbane? or just the highest bidder regardless of where? seems like flags aren't his priority or he would be staying at Sydney. Unless he just wants to see how things go this year and if the Swans crap out in finals maybe he will leave.

He has a big family, eldest of 4 boys and good mates with Jeremy Sharp and Luke Jackson who he played with at East Freo. Also went to school with Sharp. Loves golf and surfing so Perth is perfect for him. Also mentioned some early home sickness but that was exacerbated by Covid lockdowns

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He has a big family, eldest of 4 boys and good mates with Jeremy Sharp and Luke Jackson who he played with at East Freo. Also went to school with Sharp. Loves golf and surfing so Perth is perfect for him. Also mentioned some early home sickness but that was exacerbated by Covid lockdowns

I don't think he'd have any mates at the swans. Especially those that compete with immense relationships he built in the colts program

🤣🤣

If only he had a brother at the club

Question is, how much better is Chad Warner then Jordan Dawson? Id say a bit better but not end of the world better

Pick 19 + a 2nd rounder should be it then?

:p

Dawson was out of contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back