Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

This one is going to end in heart break again for freo supporters

Maybe, I have it on pretty good authority he’s currently keen to get home and play in purple.
Main stumbling block will be Sydney’s obvious (and proven) reluctance to trade - and fair enough too, why would you unless you get absolutely showered in draft picks?
Then who knows what may happen at the end of next year, Papley is a good example of what may transpire.
On the positive side for Freo - Sydney may well realise they’ll never get a trade pick windfall like they would if they trade this year, in a supposedly strong draft too.
Could be a watershed moment that sets them up for a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As per my recent post in the Oscar Allen thread - Any Sydney or Eagles punters keen on a 3-way trade of Warner to Dockers, Oscar Allen to Sydney and the Dockers 3 First rounders to Eagles with probably a couple of second rounders back to Dockers (maybe eagles this year and next ?)
Thoughts ?

So Freo Out 3x Picks, In Chad Warner
Eagles out Oscar Allen, in 3x Picks
Sydney out Chad Warner, In Oscar Allen

Yeah/nah not gonna happen

Yes it likely does as freo is not a destination club.

The FFC has to earn everything it gets , nothing is gifted

Interesting to hear your thoughts on why not?
Seems to fix areas of needs for all three clubs.
Eagles need a ton of draft picks, Dockers need either a goal kicking mid or electric small forward and, correct me if I’m wrong but Sydney have a very strong midfield but average tall forwards.
Oscar Allen has had his injury concerns but (and it pains me to say this about an eagles player) when he’s fit he’s an absolutely elite tall forward.
Would this not suit Sydney?

Maybe, I have it on pretty good authority he’s currently keen to get home and play in purple.
What I find amusing is that looking at the posting history of every Freo fan who is speaking on good authority, not a single one of them mentions Warner heading back West before the game against Freo earlier in the year which where he blew up and the subsequent article from the West where they blew up the fact that a player having a career year didn't sign a contract two years early.

What I find amusing is that looking at the posting history of every Freo fan who is speaking on good authority, not a single one of them mentions Warner heading back West before the game against Freo earlier in the year which where he blew up and the subsequent article from the West where they blew up the fact that a player having a career year didn't sign a contract two years early.
I'm definitely not 1 of the posters professing any level of inside knowledge, but fwiw you're wrong. Carnthedockers is probably the most "known" ITK poster, and he was on that possibility at least last year. Optimism has definitely grown as time has progressed, but you're making it out like it's gone from 0 to 100 basically solely off the back of shit talk. That's patently false.

Ryan Daniels had also been indicating since before this season started that he's sitting on Chad Warner stuff, but not gonna put it out fully coz there's a fair while before anything will happen (difficult to see a world you don't hold him to contract). May have learned from the Neale to Freo stuff, where he put something out that was accurate at the time, but the fact it turned relatively quickly after that has meant basically ever since Brisbane fans clown him for it.

I'm definitely not 1 of the posters professing any level of inside knowledge, but fwiw you're wrong. Carnthedockers is probably the most "known" ITK poster, and he was on that possibility at least last year. Optimism has definitely grown as time has progressed, but you're making it out like it's gone from 0 to 100 basically solely off the back of shit talk. That's patently false.
I withdraw. Every Freo poster professing certainty except one who heard from "Friends of family" who also thought McDonald was going to Freo.

Anyway, compare the chat and certainty around this from before that West article and after.
Ryan Daniels had also been indicating since before this season started that he's sitting on Chad Warner stuff, but not gonna put it out fully coz there's a fair while before anything will happen
He's posting in this thread is he?

The implication seemed to be all chatter was sparked based on an article from The West, and that the story in general is a nothing burger. Used Daniels as an example to counter the latter in particular. If you didn't mean that the story is a nothing burger, my bad.

The idea that Freo fans have any sort of regard for some rubbish piece from the west is nonsense; all Freo fans know that save a couple exceptions it's trash. If there's any sort of cause and effect going on, it's "real chatter from people who actually know what they're talking about leading to increased posts + rubbish articles", not rubbish articles causing increased posts.

While we're roasting trash articles, The Snitch might be the cringest thing The West has ever produced (and that's saying something), and Fox Sports writing an entire article based some presenter spitballing 1.6 mil a year as Freos offer was almost admirably bad filler content.

The idea that Freo fans have any sort of regard for some rubbish piece from the west is nonsense; all Freo fans know that save a couple exceptions it's trash. If there's any sort of cause and effect going on, it's "real chatter from people who actually know what they're talking about leading to increased posts + rubbish articles", not rubbish articles causing increased posts.
As I said earlier, look at the posts of the majority of people making statements of certainty about this, look at what's been posted by them before and after around May 20 this year.

I don't think it's nothing, it's not news that Freo have been after him for a while, whats laughable is people saying they know what's going on when they didn't seem to have a clue before a media rush started on it.

I withdraw. Every Freo poster professing certainty except one who heard from "Friends of family" who also thought McDonald was going to Freo.

Anyway, compare the chat and certainty around this from before that West article and after.

Incorrect. We were chasing McDonald. No one ever said he was coming. Most knew he was unlikely, I personally am glad it didn’t eventuate. Warner is a diff story. I was told by close friends of the family last year this would be his last contract at Sydney. I spoke with Ryan Daniel’s, he did some digging and realized there was substance to it. I have no idea which club is his preference. Don’t shoot the messenger. I also know if he leaves it won’t be this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incorrect. We were chasing McDonald. No one ever said he was coming. Most knew he was unlikely, I personally am glad it didn’t eventuate. Warner is a diff story. I was told by close friends of the family last year this would be his last contract at Sydney. I spoke with Ryan Daniel’s, he did some digging and realized there was substance to it. I have no idea which club is his preference. Don’t shoot the messenger. I also know if he leaves it won’t be this year.
He lives!

CaseySibosadoHOF the CTD whisperer. What dark ritual did you perform?

Agreed. I'd imagine that's what the Swans would ask for to get him in 2024.

Honestly, when I suggested 3 1st rounders this year to get Warner while in contract I thought I'd get push back saying he wasn't worth that much. No player is worth that much, even one like Chad who looks like he could win a Brownlow. But if Freo were dumb enough to offer 2 top 10 picks and a future 1st for him this year, I'd drive him to the airport myself.

Don't get me wrong, Chad is a jet, but that would be handing Beatson a legacy defining draft hand to build a dynasty.
We already have 2 1st rounders this year. So we'd have 4 1sts this year (2 of which would be top 10)
We'd have 2 1sts next year

We'd have a ridiculous amount of draft capital for trade purposes. Do we want to make a play for Pick 1? Do we want to make a play for Gold Coast's 1st rounder with our later picks and have 3 top 10's this year?
Do we want to package up our future 1sts and go all in this year and play for 2 top 5 picks?
Do we want to push one of our 2024 picks to 2025 so that we have 3 1sts in 2025 when Rampe, Parker, and Lloyd are all coming out of contract so we can trade for somebody?

The draft and trade flexibility would be the stuff of dreams.

But it would also provide us with a crazy amount of cap flexibility.
We wouldn't have to worry about a new contract for Warner, and the Dockers would be throwing out their salary structure to convince him to come over.
1st rounders now sign 3 year contracts, so those two draft hauls would first be coming out of contract in 2027 and 2028. Until then they'd be playing on cap friendly contracts.
The following players will be taking pay cuts or retiring in that stretch.
Parker, Adams, Lloyd, Rampe, Ladhams, Grundy
Right as they'd be freeing up cap space, we'd be in a position to give those new kids a second contract that would make them happy but wouldn't break the bank, all while the salary cap jumps and new CBA's kick in. It would be the perfect way to plan cap management over the next 5 years.

It would also significantly extend our window via our list demographics. We'd have more access to top end talent in the 18-21 range. Gulden, Campbell, Warner, Blakey, they're all in that 22-25 bracket now.
Getting top end talent now with a bounty of 1st rounders would let us do a handover from Parker, Lloyd, Rampe, to Heeney, Mills, Florent, Hayward, Papley, to Gulden, Blakey, Campbell, Rowbottom, McCartin, McDonald to Cleary, Sheldrick, Roberts, 2025 and 2026 draft haul
That would be a great result.

It's BigFooty, so obviously you don't speak for Freo, and I don't speak for Sydney, but if you could stand outside Peter Bell's office every day from now until Trade Period with a sign that says "2x top 10 picks and a 2026 1st for Warner this year" that would be much appreciated.
Freo are willing to give up
2xtop 10 picks and future first because the 2 top 10 picks cost freo Schulz and a couple 2nd rd picks and would be hoping to salute in 25

Only ran into my source randomly a coupla weeks back, don’t see them all the time.
But trust me…”the sorce is strong in this one Obi-wan” 🤣

Incorrect.
Which part?
We were chasing McDonald. No one ever said he was coming. Most knew he was unlikely, I personally am glad it didn’t eventuate.
You didn't think that "a lot of small things point to him coming?"
Warner is a diff story. I was told by close friends of the family last year this would be his last contract at Sydney. I spoke with Ryan Daniel’s, he did some digging and realized there was substance to it. I have no idea which club is his preference. Don’t shoot the messenger. I also know if he leaves it won’t be this year.
Who's shooting the messenger?

I'm pointing out that a lot of posters posting with certainty about him leaving had no clue before the media rush.

I will say, I don't know why people keep saying "He won't be leaving this year" like it's news or corroborating information. He's under contract for this year.

Last edited:
The Warner trade is a 2025 trade and will remain so unless something significantly changes between now and the end of this year. There’s been speculation about a trade of WCE 1R and 2R pick for Freo’s 3x1R picks. The more interesting question is what would Freo be prepared to trade for WCE F1?

If a trade was done you’d have to assume WCE would be out of the race for Warner next year and would almost certainly give Freo the picks they need if a trade for Warner were to occur.

Which part?

You didn't think that "a lot of small things point to him coming?"

Who's shooting the messenger?

I'm pointing out that a lot of posters posting with certainty about him leaving had no clue before the media rush?

No-one knows with certainty, Sydney are well known for holding fast with contracted players and a lot of things can change in the next 12-18 months before Warners’ contract actually expires - but there is obviously a bit of chatter around at the moment, coming from several angles.
Will be very interesting to see how it all plays out!

No-one knows with certainty, Sydney are well known for holding fast with contracted players and a lot of things can change in the next 12-18 months before Warners’ contract actually expires - but there is obviously a bit of chatter around at the moment, coming from several angles
Is there, though? This is the point. There was near radio silence at the start of the year, Warner starts having a massive year, an article is published saying he turned down a contact extention two seasons out from his contract expiring and all of a sudden everyone has inside info.

Is there, though? This is the point. There was near radio silence at the start of the year, Warner starts having a massive year, an article is published saying he turned down a contact extention two seasons out from his contract expiring and all of a sudden everyone has inside info.
ITK’s have info, but are sitting on it because it’s so far out and anything can happen.

Media get a hold of it and start “what if”

Club (Sydney) approach player to get an idea of intentions.

Player let’s club know if thinking, that info gets back to family members and club leakages.

ITK’s and media now have new information that confirms what the original thoughts were, and now share it.

It’s not hard to understand at all.

ITK’s have info, but are sitting on it because it’s so far out and anything can happen.

Media get a hold of it and start “what if”

Club (Sydney) approach player to get an idea of intentions.

Player let’s club know if thinking, that info gets back to family members and club leakages.

ITK’s and media now have new information that confirms what the original thoughts were, and now share it.

It’s not hard to understand at all.
I think the part where this falls down is Sydney talking to Warner based on an article discussing something that happened months earlier that they would be pretty aware of.

Edit: Again, I concede this could all be true. Warner's mum's mate could be feeding BF posters the good stuff. Just the certainty and reverse engineering that's being built on a push from WA media is... Something.

Last edited:
Search the timeline of my posts. I put it on our forum about 6 months ago. The youngest Warner was at the house when I was told. I know rhino won’t run with it until he’s absolutely sure. I know the whole lachie Neale thing has him hesitant. It basically put a halt to the trade.

Search the timeline of my posts. I put it on our forum about 6 months ago. The youngest Warner was at the house when I was told. I know rhino won’t run with it until he’s absolutely sure. I know the whole lachie Neale thing has him hesitant. It basically put a halt to the trade.
Why was their little brother in the house when you heard from a friend of the family?

Anyway, I saw that you posted it last year, so from there you can assume you're not one of the people who has started speaking with authority on this since the story of Warner not extended early broke a few months after the event.

Why was their little brother in the house when you heard from a friend of the family?

Anyway, I saw that you posted it last year, so from there you can assume you're not one of the people who has started speaking with authority on this since the story of Warner not extended early broke a few months after the event.
Huh? Not sure why you are trying to twist what I’m saying. The friends of the warners are clients of mine, the son specifically was the one that told me. The young Warner was with him at the house when he told me. Anyway, I’m not here to convince you. I believe it’s happening. If it doesn’t I’m sure you will be here to remind me. The fact he has put off contract talks is interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back