Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

This isnt a selling club situation

YOU are the buying club . If Sydney dont like your offer they can just not take it. Warner then will have the choice between staying, going to Eagles or joining North/Richmond. Suspect he just stays in that situation

Swans have no obligation to sell here

They will be a selling club next year if he wants to head home. And they will be taking offers from WC and Freo.

Freo will be a buying club and Chad will be out of contract.

Sydney will have far less leverage

Do you think the Swans will want a reputation that they don't let players go home if they request it? I really doubt it. Freo will offer a decent deal, by all means we won't attempt to fleece you IMO but you have to take what you can get at some point.

Freo fans can rule the psd pipe dream out. West coast are going to have a pick way before freo. They tool harley reid when everyone said pass, I'm sure they will take the punt on the desperately homesick home grown warner

Who is suggesting that he will go psd that's crazy talk

Do you think the Swans will want a reputation that they don't let players go home if they request it? I really doubt it. Freo will offer a decent deal, by all means we won't attempt to fleece you IMO but you have to take what you can get at some point.
Hilarious the keyboard trading warriors on this board saying take what you can get with a contracted player.
Obviously has NFI on how the system works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just about every freo supporter on here suggesting swans should trade this year rather than taking the packet of samboy chips the year after .

Really?

Show me

Sydney will probably get less next year as he'll be uncontracted. It goes without saying. This year Freo have great picks to give Sydney.

Posters aren't continually saying PSD. You are just making things up

Hilarious the keyboard trading warriors on this board saying take what you can get with a contracted player.
Obviously has NFI on how the system works.

I've already said that we will most likely offer 2 1st rounders and won't fleece the Swans. "Take what you can get" is meant in the sense that if Freo throw an offer of that sort (and Warner nominates Freo) then it's probably in best interests for the Swans to do the trade

I've already said that we will most likely offer 2 1st rounders and won't fleece the Swans. "Take what you can get" is meant in the sense that if Freo throw an offer of that sort (and Warner nominates Freo) then it's probably in best interests for the Swans to do the trade

Apparently that makes you a keyboard warrior

If he's out of contract Sydney will want to get something for him rather than being stubborn and getting nothing for him at the PSD, pretty simple really. I would assume Freo would offer 2 1st rounder's next year and expect that to be it.
All hypotheticals of course
They wont get nothing for him. If Freo dont trade he will just sign on for 2 years and stay at Sydney. The alternatives are just career suicide.

If Warner wants to go to Fremantle, Freo really going to have to come to the party here

With where freos three picks will likely land on draft night I’d suggest all those might be acceptable for the swans. But they would still rather keep such a known quality talent.

By no means will Sydney ‘take what they get’.
If he wants to go home this year and Freo play games, Sydney will keep him and try to win a flag with him next year before trading him.

But Freo won’t do that though, because unlike some of those in this thread, they know that to woo a player to their club, they need to offer a great deal to get him there, and even more if they are under contract.

If he's out of contract Sydney will want to get something for him rather than being stubborn and getting nothing for him at the PSD, pretty simple really. I would assume Freo would offer 2 1st rounder's next year and expect that to be it.
All hypotheticals of course
PSD to Fremantle shows you have NFI how clubs recruit players from other clubs.

Fremantle just need to get another late 1st rounder really so not like they need to trade away all 3 picks this year. A club like Carlton will trade future 1st + extras for Freos latest 1st for example leaving Freo with 2 high picks still anyway

To not do that trade is absurdly arrogant

With where freos three picks will likely land on draft night I’d suggest all those might be acceptable for the swans. But they would still rather keep such a known quality talent.

By no means will Sydney ‘take what they get’.
If he wants to go home this year and Freo play games, Sydney will keep him and try to win a flag with him next year before trading him.

But Freo won’t do that though, because unlike some of those in this thread, they know that to woo a player to their club, they need to offer a great deal to get him there, and even more if they are under contract.

All my discourse was regarding 2 1st rounder's next year, that's pretty decent value for an OOC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back