Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why was their little brother in the house when you heard from a friend of the family?

Anyway, I saw that you posted it last year, so from there you can assume you're not one of the people who has started speaking with authority on this since the story of Warner not extended early broke a few months after the event.

Are you calling him a liar?

Why would we trade picks into next year just so Sydney can demand them.
He will be out of contract and our 2025 and 2026 firsts will be on the table, that´s all it´s going to take when Out of Contract. Will be a better return than Dawson.

Exactly

If we hand over all this year's picks to be loaded up next year and he doesn't head over we would have wasted this year's draft.

Hit this drsft hard and give Sydney a decent deal next season with what we have available

Not really. How many young players sign contract extensions two seasons out after a huge start to the year?
I suppose you Fremantle guys are expecting Brayshaw to leave end of next year seeing he will be out of contract and hasn’t extended as yet. Suppose he’ll be wanting a gazillion dollars next year.

I suppose you Fremantle guys are expecting Brayshaw to leave end of next year seeing he will be out of contract and hasn’t extended as yet. Suppose he’ll be wanting a gazillion dollars next year.
We have cap space though. We havent just signed up Blakey, Gulden, McDonald, Hayward.

We have cap space though. We havent just signed up Blakey, Gulden, McDonald, Hayward.
But he hasn’t extended yet and he’s a RFA as well. Usually RFA’s get offers well over the odds. I don’t think he will leave but am getting annoyed with the argument that Warner must be planning to leave because he hasn’t signed a new contract.

Freo board is interesting. There are supposed ITK posters who say Warner wants to come home to play for them, there are also ITK who say Warner is no chance of leaving the Swans.

ITK on our board saying he’s staying ? Haven’t read that.
I’ve personally had a very close source say he wants to play in purple and I understand our most accurate/prolific / well placed ITK poster has said the same - coming from a different (but also very close) source.
What we have been saying is that we are well aware that Sydney are very unlikely to trade him in contract as they have proven in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because there is no such thing as an ITK bigfooty poster.

There are people on big footy who make things up and yes there are a few posters who are ITK.

Some posters just don't like hearing these things when it's contract talks. Especially if they feel it will negatively affect their club.

because there is no such thing as an ITK bigfooty poster.
Depends what you mean as ITK, none that actually work at a club but there is definitely some who get reliable information semi frequently from people close to clubs. You'd be surprised how often random but proven reliable nuffies are used by journalists as a source check.

Why would we trade picks into next year just so Sydney can demand them.
He will be out of contract and our 2025 and 2026 firsts will be on the table, that´s all it´s going to take when Out of Contract. Will be a better return than Dawson.
Why would Sydney let you walk all over them? Freo have zero chance of getting him unless its a trade and zero chance of making it happen unless Sydney get what they want

Sydney are in the power position here regardless of what you think

Why would Sydney let you walk all over them? Freo have zero chance of getting him unless its a trade and zero chance of making it happen unless Sydney get what they want

They certainly are, they could take a kings ransom of picks this year (assuming we pay that, which I think we would), or still get a decent return next year when he’s out of contract.
West Coast and Fremantle don’t often try to outbid each other on players coming back - but in some cases both teams just have to have a crack. Tim Kelly was one case and Warner would be as well.
He’s likely to choose the Dockers personally for a variety of reasons but West Coast will probably have a lot more salary cap space next year than the Dockers, that could change his mind!
There could still be a bidding war to a degree next year so whoever gets him will still have to pay up in picks - but it’s unlikely to be as much as what Sydney would receive this year if the Pies and Port keeping crapping the bed.
Dockers have both Pies and Ports first round picks this year, plus their own and Saints second. Could be something in the order of picks 8, 10, 13 and 22 available (before father sons etc).
I’m hoping we land either Warner or Bolton this year - best case scenario would be Bolton this year and Warner next year ! (That and my lotto numbers coming up…..🤣) One can but dream.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If he nominates Freo whilst OOC next year then Sydney will be forced to trade with what we've got, don't particularly see a bidding war with WCE (next year) - he's got no reason to go the the eagles unless it's for cash and I get the impression he wants success

If he nominates Freo whilst OOC next year then Sydney will be forced to trade with what we've got, don't particularly see a bidding war with WCE (next year) - he's got no reason to go the the eagles unless it's for cash and I get the impression he wants success
If he walks to the PSD do you think another club will snap him up? Unless Freo slide to the bottom you'll still need to match value

If he walks to the PSD do you think another club will snap him up? Unless Freo slide to the bottom you'll still need to match value

How many A grade players have walked to the PSD. It doesn't happen.

Sydney hold all the cards this year. Next year it will depend on how badly he wants to leave.

Am yet to see an uncontracted player being walked to the PSD outside of Jack Martin, where carlton got their man. Am also yet to see clubs accumulate picks for a trade a year in advance. The selling club can only ask for what is available.

Am yet to see an uncontracted player being walked to the PSD outside of Jack Martin, where carlton got their man. Am also yet to see clubs accumulate picks for a trade a year in advance. The selling club can only ask for what is available.
This isnt a selling club situation

YOU are the buying club . If Sydney dont like your offer they can just not take it. Warner then will have the choice between staying, going to Eagles or joining North/Richmond. Suspect he just stays in that situation

Swans have no obligation to sell here

If he's out of contract Sydney will want to get something for him rather than being stubborn and getting nothing for him at the PSD, pretty simple really. I would assume Freo would offer 2 1st rounder's next year and expect that to be it.
All hypotheticals of course

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back