Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people still talk about PSD like it’s a genuine option? Apart from fringe players that are about to be delisted there is really no way anyone is genuinely at risk of using it.

Oh ok, thought you were referring to this year as you have 3 firsts in this draft.

Whose first rounder do you hold next year, on top of your own?

A future 1st? :D

I'm sure Freo would try give 2 decent picks for Warner next year if it came to it

This isnt a selling club situation

YOU are the buying club . If Sydney dont like your offer they can just not take it. Warner then will have the choice between staying, going to Eagles or joining North/Richmond. Suspect he just stays in that situation

Swans have no obligation to sell here
I'm talking about end of next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point is less about the players and more about "runs on the board"
Well going back a couple years Oliver was a premiership winner and the dominant inside mid in the game. Had a fair few runs on the board before he started ripping off windscreen wipers and kicking holes in gyprock.

I'm sorry but I find even thought of fremantle bending a club over the trade table hilarious....usually it's the other way round
You’re kidding me right? Didn’t you see how we acquired Brayshaw for Weller, and Serong for Brad hill? Bending clubs over is what gave us all our talent. Not to mention what looks like a top 10 pick for Schultz.

Last edited:
Why would Sydney let you walk all over them? Freo have zero chance of getting him unless its a trade and zero chance of making it happen unless Sydney get what they want

Sydney are in the power position here regardless of what you think
Still hurting from the Kelly trade eh.

Geelong tried the same with us when Clark decided he wanted to move. In the end they got a reasonable deal but less than they hoped for.

Freo fans can rule the psd pipe dream out. West coast are going to have a pick way before freo. They tool harley reid when everyone said pass, I'm sure they will take the punt on the desperately homesick home grown warner
Yes. That will be on be of the main reasons Sydney would prefer to trade to Fremantle.

Still hurting from the Kelly trade eh.

Geelong tried the same with us when Clark decided he wanted to move. In the end they got a reasonable deal but less than they hoped for.

No idea what Fremantle are like at the trade table but Beatson is a fair trader. I don't recall him asking for way overs for a player, or offering peanuts for a star.

No idea what Fremantle are like at the trade table but Beatson is a fair trader. I don't recall him asking for way overs for a player, or offering peanuts for a star.
I think most Freo fans' perception is:
  • We dig our heels in when trading away a player in contract (negotiations almost always drag)
  • We kinda accept the bad position we're in when trading away players out of contract (not fold per se, but if the other team is being reasonable it'll get sorted quickly)
  • We're fair when trading in players, pretty much regardless of contract status (many fans would say we don't sufficiently take advantage of the relative position of power when trading in a player OOC)
If I were to summarise it in a phrase, it'd be "realistic constructive negotiators". In the moments heels are dug in, you may be annoyed but would also understand why heels are being dug in, and almost always a solution will eventuate. Exceptions would be when, for whatever reasons, the teams are too far apart for anything to happen. GWS going for Lobb in 2021, us going for Sharp in 2022.

Contrast it with what Gold Coast did with Sharp in 2022 or some of the more cringe "tough negotiators", who seem to want the appearance of being tough but either don't seem to have a plan at all or hold up a trade for a week because of a swap of future 4th rounders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back