Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I dunno, he single-handedly lost you the game against Essendon from what I saw.
With the Essendon game, it wasn't just that the reporting was he was injured or that he was touch-and-go. It's that it was bad enough that we flew over 2 traveling emergencies (Reidy and Simpson). Very non-standard practice.

Likewise last week against Geelong: we had a home AFL game and a WAFL game at basically the same time, yet had a holdover emergency (Taberner, who eventually played). I don't think in general we do holdover emergencies when 2 games are literally within driving distance, and if we do it'd be someone more versatile. The selection doesn't match the narrative being peddled.

The problem is the club has blatantly lied about injuries this season, and particularly Darcy's. But non-Freo fans who understandably may not have seen enough of the bs the club spews might not be aware of it, so will judge by what they know and probably underestimate how banged up Darcy is.

Last week in a non-Darcy related example was probably the most blatant example of the club doing their propaganda on injuries. Ash Nelson I believe said Treacy's injury is significant (will miss Geelong and potentially more). Half an hour later in JL's media scrum he says the words "not significant" at least 5 times in the first 3 minutes in a blatantly passive aggressive response to that reporting. Also made out that Treacy was a chance to play against Geelong, when that was a lie.

Yeah I dunno, he single-handedly lost you the game against Essendon from what I saw.
Because he should not have been playing that game. Didn’t do a single training session all week and had a significant limp during the captains run (which he also didn’t take part in). Surprise surprise the next week he’s pulled out injured.

That’s a MC issue not a Darcy issue. Anyone who’s watched him play this season knows that he’s a big reason for our clearance dominance. We go from 10th in the league with Jackson to 1st with Darcy. Also average an extra 5 goals a game with him than without him.

With the Essendon game, it wasn't just that the reporting was he was injured or that he was touch-and-go. It's that it was bad enough that we flew over 2 traveling emergencies (Reidy and Simpson). Very non-standard practice.

Likewise last week against Geelong: we had a home AFL game and a WAFL game at basically the same time, yet had a holdover emergency (Taberner, who eventually played). I don't think in general we do holdover emergencies when 2 games are literally within driving distance, and if we do it'd be someone more versatile. The selection doesn't match the narrative being peddled.

The problem is the club has blatantly lied about injuries this season, and particularly Darcy's. But non-Freo fans who understandably may not have seen enough of the bs the club spews might not be aware of it, so will judge by what they know and probably underestimate how banged up Darcy is.

Last week in a non-Darcy related example was probably the most blatant example of the club doing their propaganda on injuries. Ash Nelson I believe said Treacy's injury is significant (will miss Geelong and potentially more). Half an hour later in JL's media scrum he says the words "not significant" at least 5 times in the first 3 minutes in a blatantly passive aggressive response to that reporting. Also made out that Treacy was a chance to play against Geelong, when that was a lie.
Darcy needs to get put on ice and told to get fit over the preseason. He looks like he carrying far too much weight, which isn't good for his knees, especially with his history.

It's NicNat all over again...

WA thinks it’s close to a sure thing this year or next.
It’s interesting, I’m not ITK but I’d imagine they can’t have both Bolton and Warner.

I have heard that Bolton will request trade to WA. I can totally understand dockers holding out for Warner but it’s a tough choice if they have to pick…with one declaring interest and one could just be manager blowing smoke

It’s interesting, I’m not ITK but I’d imagine they can’t have both Bolton and Warner.

I have heard that Bolton will request trade to WA. I can totally understand dockers holding out for Warner but it’s a tough choice if they have to pick…with one declaring interest and one could just be manager blowing smoke

With how hard we’ve been chasing Warner I don’t think we’d drop him in pursuit of Bolton, I’d imagine we’d only get Bolton if it gave us enough room to potentially get both (assuming Warner doesn’t resign and wants to come to Freo)

It's really interesting. Adding Warner and Bolton over two years seems fanciful from a salary cap perspective, it would surely need a best 22 player or two leaving to manage it. It's why I believe Daniels side of events on Bolton that "yes, we would like you but we've put a lot of eggs into the Warner basket."

Very interesting trade period coming up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really interesting. Adding Warner and Bolton over two years seems fanciful from a salary cap perspective, it would surely need a best 22 player or two leaving to manage it. It's why I believe Daniels side of events on Bolton that "yes, we would like you but we've put a lot of eggs into the Warner basket."

Very interesting trade period coming up
Watching todays game the dockers should be looking to say goodbye to Fyfe , JOM , & Walters
not sure if that provides enough cap space but surely the game has past them and dockers should be looking to cut them
Darcy would really need to get back next year fitter and in better shape otherwise will also be moved on.

Better luck next year mate

Cant believe this thread has ended up on the 4th page :oops: needs to be lit again

There was talk that he may come to fre this year and been in the works for a while etc etc
But with Freo being open to trading the kitchen sink this year for Bolton/Pickett it looks like he was never coming this year and was never really on the cards. Will it happen before free agency ? by that time with freo's list where its at will fremantle have the cap space ?

If he leaves as a free agent the timing may just suit the eagles better

Freo essentially ruling themselves out of a Warner chase by going for Bolton, and the Eagles aren't in the game.

He'll be out of range this year, next year will be bedlam but for right now this thread will sink to page 4 again

Warner will probably extend until free agency now that Fremantle has shown their hand with intentions to commit all their picks in 24 & 25 to pickett and bolton.

By the time Warner is a free agent alot will change and the eagles may be in alot better position in 3 years time and will have cap space thats $5 mil deep

If both Pickett & Bolton are dockers i think it spells the end for Warner to become a docker with the price he will demand being around $1.5 mil 7/8 years

Bolton and Pickett are bigger areas of need. As much as I want Warner, I would be comfortable not getting him in if it meant getting those two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back