Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Your coach also said it was up to list manager to do the deal and decide his worth, pretty much distancing himself from it. Something Port fans keep leaving out.
2 first rounders might be your opening gambit but when has any deal settled at the opening price?
They were both chased by clubs, Port are pushing Wingard out. Different situations..
I don't know enough inside knowledge of what anybody's opening price is. First I've heard of Wingard being pushed out, strange, you wouldn't happen to somehow know his family somehow?

dogs and Hawks are chasing him so your point about those two fit.

If you can’t read I can’t help you. There’s literally post after post saying it’s the club pushing it and it’s a real possibility.
I actually think he’ll stay, despite your attempts to get a stupid return and you’ll lose him for sweet fa next year.

If you can’t read I can’t help you. There’s literally post after post saying it’s the club pushing it and it’s a real possibility.
I actually think he’ll stay, despite your attempts to get a stupid return and you’ll lose him for sweet fa next year.
Ahaha so you've been on the Port board? Great, some real BS there. Did you see the part where some are blaming Chad Cornes somehow for this?

Good, then you'd know not to believe everything you read. Far too many try and act like they're in the know or get too caught up in stupid theories that sound ridiculous.

I wouldn't think it's a 'stupid theories that sound ridiculous'. I'd call it a pretty reasonable assumption to think that a player, having stated their desire to remain at Port Adelaide, would be upset their named has been shopped.

Question: why would Wingard state on his twitter that he doesn't want to leave Port Adelaide, and then come out and push to explore his options?

So let's look at this in another way hey.

What 'conclusive' evidence do you have that he hasn't been told to explore his options by Port? This being the reverse of my opinion.
Nope, that type of deflection isn't going to work because I'm not the one who made the stupid, baseless claims without evidence. No need to backpedal and hide behind your opinion either, you said:

"It is clear Port have told him to explore his options, how could you say otherwise?"

"It is also clear through his social media that Wingard originally stated he had no plans to leave Port. Yet, now he is meeting with Vic clubs."

and upon being called on to back up those statements, you had a whinge. You got nothing. :)

I wouldn't think it's a 'stupid theories that sound ridiculous'. I'd call it a pretty reasonable assumption to think that a player, having stated their desire to remain at Port Adelaide, would be upset their named has been shopped.
Ok you have no idea of the theories I'm on about. Wingard isn't upset at Port it's the media by saying he's looking to leave for money, Port aren't saying go find yourself a new home. It's more we don't want him walking out next year as a RFA when we can get more for him this year. You may of heard how important this draft is to Port so if Wings is gonna leave the club wants it to be this year.

3 years is a long time for not being at your best. He ain’t worth 2 first rounders. Fair play to a club that wants to pay it.
You're entitled to your opinion, but Port are entitled to demand what they want, and they're entitled to keep him if they choose.

If he comes to the Dogs, 7 is a given, the rest is up for debate.

Good, then you'd know not to believe everything you read. Far too many try and act like they're in the know or get too caught up in stupid theories that sound ridiculous.
We’re all basing our views on here on something. Mine is based on some industry knowledge (journalist) that lines up with respected posters on your board and our board. Things change very quickly but as it stands, for some reason, Port want to make a deal for Wingard this trade period. I actually think he’ll stay but not because you want him to.

Nope, that type of deflection isn't going to work because I'm not the one who made the stupid, baseless claims without evidence. No need to backpedal and hide behind your opinion either, you said:

"It is clear Port have told him to explore his options, how could you say otherwise?"

"It is also clear through his social media that Wingard originally stated he had no plans to leave Port. Yet, now he is meeting with Vic clubs."

and upon being called on to back up those statements, you had a whinge. You got nothing. :)

Right. Deflection?

You see, I am being very clear in my points and the reasoning behind this. Unfortunately, I still have no idea what it is your arguing.

Come on, give it a go. Try and persuade me towards your point of view.

Do you disagree with the points you have quoted of mine? If so, is your view something like this? I'll try for you:

a) Port Adelaide didn't tell him to explore, it's Wingard who has instigated this?

b) Wingard never said on his twitter account he wants to stay at Port Adelaide?

We’re all basing our views on here on something. Mine is based on some industry knowledge (journalist) that lines up with respected posters on your board and our board. Things change very quickly but as it stands, for some reason, Port want to make a deal for Wingard this trade period. I actually think he’ll stay but not because you want him to.
I see what you mean, I guess we've just got two completely different takes on it. Chads yet to come out and say what's going on instead he's just being cryptic. So either of us could be right. I guess we'll know more next week, hope it doesn't change his value.

What’s a more ridiculous theory? The club is shopping him or this is a mutual exercise by both parties to establish his worth by letting him go and tour/speak to other clubs just so Port can decide what they might want to offer him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok you have no idea of the theories I'm on about. Wingard isn't upset at Port it's the media by saying he's looking to leave for money, Port aren't saying go find yourself a new home. It's more we don't want him walking out next year as a RFA when we can get more for him this year. You may of heard how important this draft is to Port so if Wings is gonna leave the club wants it to be this year.

Source?

Right. Deflection?

You see, I am being very clear in my points and the reasoning behind this. Unfortunately, I still have no idea what it is your arguing.

Come on, give it a go. Try and persuade me towards your point of view.

Do you disagree with the points you have quoted of mine? If so, is your view something like this? I'll try for you:

a) Port Adelaide didn't tell him to explore, it's Wingard who has instigated this?

b) Wingard never said on his twitter account he wants to stay at Port Adelaide?
Even if this is true we did it with Hartlett and Lobbe a few years back and they stayed on good terms (until Lobbe was traded) Chad said he wants to stay so I doubt it's as bad as you're making this out to be.

Even if this is true we did it with Hartlett and Lobbe a few years back and they stayed on good terms (until Lobbe was traded) Chad said he wants to stay so I doubt it's as bad as you're making this out to be.

At no stage have a I said it's bad, I don't know that. However, I maintain it wouldn't be unusual if their was a strained relationship as a result of him being shopped.

My view is in this situation there is a fair chance there could be a strained relationship. He is an Adelaide guy, who want's to stay at Port, not unreasonable to think he'd be pretty hurt being told he can explore his options.

You're entitled to your opinion, but Port are entitled to demand what they want, and they're entitled to keep him if they choose.

If he comes to the Dogs, 7 is a given, the rest is up for debate.
Of course they are. They can also only get what someone is willing to pay them if they’re determined to trade him this year. At this point in time he ain’t worth 2 first rounders, Port themselves recognise this by the fact they won’t pay him what he wants. I’m not saying they’re wrong but you can’t ask for 2 first rounders if you’re not even willing to contemplate renewing him at say $750k.

Are people here seriously kidding themselves into believing there's even a remote possibility of Wingard not netting band 1? Please.
This is why Port are entitled to demand a lot. They're 100% certain to get band 1, so if he's leaving while out of contract, it's for more than a first rounder.

Recent reports indicate he's choosing between the Bulldogs and St.Kilda. Both teams would have high enough picks + a bit more to satisfy Port you would think.
Its not because of that, they dont want band 1 in next year's draft, would rather a early pick in this draft

By the sounds of it Port wouldn't have any interest in Bailey Williams. Draft picks are our main target, where abouts would the Dahl compo be?
Really? Williams is what you got from polac but younger and will be better, getting him pluss an early pick would be cream for you guys.

Of course they are. They can also only get what someone is willing to pay them if they’re determined to trade him this year. At this point in time he ain’t worth 2 first rounders, Port themselves recognise this by the fact they won’t pay him what he wants. I’m not saying they’re wrong but you can’t ask for 2 first rounders if you’re not even willing to contemplate renewing him at say $750k.

I would say $850k is closer to the mark for someone turning 26. Or more.

But I would also say 2 first rounders is what you pay for a top 10 player in the comp.

Wingard hasnt been top 50 in 3 years.

Ive been mocked for my comments yet simply ludicrous comments are left alone.

Which ever club he wants will offer their 1st. Port will say no. Then depending on how high that 1st is, something else may get offered. I dont think it will be much (fringe player, 3rd, etc.).

Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back