Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Have Port had their B&F yet? Really interested to see where Chad finishes.

Actually - keen on Port fans' view on how Wingard's season has been. I'll admit I didn't see much of Port this year and prefer not to just look at stats to form an opinion on things.

I do feel clarko is overrated as a coach but what he does well is he gets breust an gunners into the game. Ken moves westhoff behind the ball an not Chad lol

Chad had 44 scoring shots an ken even said the team needs him to play there.

He had a poor month of games during the year but when released into the middle he did well.

Bnf he won't finish top 5 but that's more on ken.

Shit post dude. Why bother going on BF if you are going to revert to this ?

It is clear Port have told him to explore his options, how could you say otherwise?

It is also clear through his social media that Wingard originally stated he had no plans to leave Port. Yet, now he is meeting with Vic clubs.

Based on this, it is also reasonable to conclude, whilst not impossible, there would be a significant strain on the relationship between player and club if he stays.

Further, lets not forget he is a restricted free agent next year and Port might be nervous he requests to leave. Especially when a year prior they put him in the shop window.

Port have weakened their trading position because they shopped him. He didn't ask to leave.
Or he is bullshitting on his social media.
Nothing is clear and any number of conclusions can be reasonably made.

You're also presenting your points as facts, which is a blatant fallacy and completely diminishes your credibility.

Once again, what is your view Moonshift? That is, relevant to Wingard.

Stop replying if you can't bring an opinion to the topic dude. You're responses have nothing to do with my posts and are grand statements with no substance. Anyone with average intelligence will be able to see you have nothing to contribute to a debate and revert to playing the man because you feel out of your depth.

I get you disagree with my opinion, and you're entitled to. However, let's try and clear up what your opinion is.

So let's have at it? And, I'll ask once again:

1. Do you think Wingard or Port Adelaide instigated him talking to other clubs?

2. Do you disagree he posted on his social media that he wanted to stay at Port?

Or he is bullshitting on his social media.
Nothing is clear and any number of conclusions can be reasonably made.

Without doubt any number of reasons can be concluded.

I stand by my view, and my rationale behind this.

It's all played out very oddly, the president suggests he is on the block, he responds via twitter he wants to stay, now he is entertaining the idea of moving.

To me, reading between the lines, it seems pretty clear Port have shopped him if the price is right.

Once again, what is your view Moonshift? That is, relevant to Wingard.
I've already posted it. If you're really interested, and I suspect you aren't, you can find it a few pages back.

Anyone with average intelligence
I wouldn't be saying this if I were you, not after making a fool of yourself with false, empty claims.

No need to get so sensitive, just swallow your pride and admit you made a mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've already posted it. If you're really interested, and I suspect you aren't, you can find it a few pages back.

I wouldn't be saying this if I were you, not after making a fool of yourself with false, empty claims.

No need to get so sensitive, just swallow your pride and admit you made a mistake.

What are my false, empty, claims?

That Port haven't shopped him?

That he didn't post on social media he wanted to stay?

Chad’s social media posting stuff seems to be suggesting that a particular aspect, or maybe multiple aspects, of media reports are either untrue or exaggerated. Exactly what those aspects are we don’t know.

What are my false, empty, claims?
Right here:
Contract is irrelevant now dude. Port have clearly shopped him. Remember, originally Wingard spoke openly that he didn't want to leave. It's an untenable situation and he will leave the club. Port have in a way shot themselves in the foot here.
Shit post dude. Why bother going on BF if you are going to revert to this ?

It is clear Port have told him to explore his options, how could you say otherwise?

It is also clear through his social media that Wingard originally stated he had no plans to leave Port. Yet, now he is meeting with Vic clubs.

Based on this, it is also reasonable to conclude, whilst not impossible, there would be a significant strain on the relationship between player and club if he stays.

Further, lets not forget he is a restricted free agent next year and Port might be nervous he requests to leave. Especially when a year prior they put him in the shop window.

Port have weakened their trading position because they shopped him. He didn't ask to leave.

And? For me, it is clear. It is reasonable to conclude this.

So you're saying Port haven't shopped him yeah?
I'm not 'saying' anything regarding Wingard & Port's relationship, just pointing out your foolishness.

You're saying it's clear Port are pushing him out the door based on your own social media speculation, and even rhetorically asking "how could you say otherwise?".

The sad reality is, you don't really know anything about what's going on between Wingard and Port, much as that pains you.

I'm not "saying" anything, just pointing out your foolishness.

You're saying it's clear Port are pushing him out the door based on your own social media speculation, and even rhetorically asking "how could you say otherwise?".

The sad reality is, you don't really know anything about what's going on between Wingard and Port, much as that pains you.

Ha. I am providing my opinion, and reasoning, on a forum that pretty much lends itself to this.

The ironic thing is, you are claiming my reasoning is 'foolishness', yet you to are using your own opinion to conclude this.

I don't believe you have any idea regarding the Wingard situation either, so I'm not sure what makes you think you have the ability to call people out.

Instead, try and explain your point of view dude. If you are capable of this.

There are enough hints in the interview to suggest they're very keen on this draft, and why wouldn't they be with all the SA talent.

I can see pick 7 + Dahlhaus compensation getting it done. That shitspewing twitter feed mentioned Bailey Williams, but I give that a 0% chance of happening, he's not homesick.

Baseless comment. Well, unless you personally know Williams. And, you are privy to the Bulldogs list management decisions.

Don't bother. He clearly doesn't get it and you are wasting your time.
Probably right.

Anyway fingers crossed we can work something out. Now's the right time for us to trade guns in, especially with Billy Gowers as our leading goalscorer last year.

Without doubt any number of reasons can be concluded.

I stand by my view, and my rationale behind this.

It's all played out very oddly, the president suggests he is on the block, he responds via twitter he wants to stay, now he is entertaining the idea of moving.

To me, reading between the lines, it seems pretty clear Port have shopped him if the price is right.
Any number of reasonable conclusions, hence nothing is clear.

Drawing inference from a players Twitter feed isn't what I'd call strong evidence.

No one really knows what's going on. It's purely speculation and nothing more.

Any number of reasonable conclusions, hence nothing is clear.

Drawing inference from a players Twitter feed isn't what I'd call strong evidence.

No one really knows what's going on. It's purely speculation and nothing more.

To me, it is clear. Check what forum you are on dude.

And, I do find it compelling not long after publicly saying he didn't want to leave, his management is meeting with clubs.

People can take stock in any information they want to reach their conclusion.

This place would be very quiet indeed if we all just waited around to here from clubs and players. Indeed, there would barely be any media if this was the case.

For me, and probably many, I come on here to share my opinion. I don't know Wingard or anyone at Port Adelaide.

I am more then happy for people to have a different opinion, and to advocate that. However, simply potting someone without actually having a view yourself is weak.

Indeed, if a persons view is simply 'you don't know', 'it's not clear', then I question what value you are adding to any conversation.

Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back