Spitz

All Australian
Apr 29, 2007
Arden St.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In: Hale/Moran
Out: Adams

Alot depends on the NB ballarat game tomorrow of course, Hamish needs some help though. Warren will get a game for the Roo's by all reports this year.

Moran had an avarage game last week, and wasn't among the best players this week for Tasmania either.

Hale should be ready, so the Adams swap could be the only change.

Watts last quarter was sexual. No way in hell is he been dropped.
I don't exactly agree. I know what you are referring to. I remember at least 2 important 50/50 contests where he ran away with the ball to our advantage. They were both very nice.

But I also remember at least 4 situations where there was not a Kanga making a contest. Watt was hanging back, all Br***-like, where he could have easily made it a contest but decided not to. Disappointing. Again, as with last week, did enough to keep his spot, but possesses very few of the attributes to be a 'footballer' and would replace him in a second if we had a likely replacement.

BTW - Br*** was sh_it....and we need another ruckman to interchange with the giant freak.

Out: Adams (he's had a taste)
In: Hale (Hamish needs help)

I'd keep Adams, and find a way to get another running player into the side, preferably a tough nut.

In recent weeks, the Dons seem to have strong first quarters, and then they get overrun. Forget the Sheedy hype, the Dons still have a soft, white underbelly, ripe for slicing open.

I think Essendon is a massive danger game. This is just the sort of game that we could come out and lose.

For my money, I want as little changes as possible, therefore ;

Out : Brown
In : Hale

As easy as that.

Being a friday night game, I would love them 2 unleash L.Thomas into the side. He Edwards and Campbell could make a name for themselves.

Out: Brown, Adams
In: Hale, Thomas/Trottter

If Thomas cant come up and is forced 2 play in the magoos, wouldnt mind seeing Trotter and Grima rotate through the midfield and forward line.

Lloyd out is a big bonus, and I think Spud can take Lucas. Need to add even more pace, and ensure that our midfield can take control and get the ball quickly into the forward line with Edwards one out. If he is able to do this, then we will win/ or put up a good fight.

If we can win this match, we are really a big chance to be 6-3 after 9, with Carlton and Melboune the next 2 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hale has not played with this new found team spirit and a guy like him may be the polish we need to really get the forward line working. Petrie and Brown are contesting ok and doing defensive stuff but give little offensively. Hale and Edwards are our best hope and I think the game plan is helping to make this work.

Adams out and Hale in. Sorry little guy but someone has to go.

Out: Adams (I like him. Will make it), Brown (rubbish)

In: Thomas/Trotter/Riggio, Hale

I don't rate the Dons rucks, so I think we can get away with not bringing in Hale. But I won't be unhappy to see either Moran, Hale, Thomas or Trotter come in.

I'll be sick if we drop this game though, after the effort in the last 3 games. If I was Laidley I'd be telling the players not to underestimate them. We have a habit of underestimating weaker opponents.

In all seriousness thomas will come in this week. Has had brilliant impact for us this year until injured. Adams is a hard little nut and will be a good player for us. Welcome to the list next year along with campbell. Thomas for adams is a given i'd say. It would be money back a dollar if you could bet on it.
Hale on the other hand may force laidleys hand in making a call on brown or watt who have both been good for our structure but not much else IMO. I wouldn't be against not bringing hale straight back. I can't see michael or fletcher staying with edwards the amount of work he puts in so the logical choice will be mcphee. This would play into our hands as we could isoloate edwards deep taking away one of their better weapons in mcphee. He is the only one who looks like rebounding of half back and through the centre. Brown and petrie if both play forward should just lead wide and up the ground taking fletcher and michael up the ground. This will open them up and let us kick another 100 plus

I'm willing to give the boys K.F.C fielding blowup as an in for Brown.
I don't give a sh!te who we bring in as long as he isn't lining up Friday night.

1 change Hale in / Brown out.

Cheers all.

Lloyd out is a big bonus, and I think Spud can take Lucas. Need to add even more pace, and ensure that our midfield can take control and get the ball quickly into the forward line with Edwards one out. If he is able to do this, then we will win/ or put up a good fight.

If we can win this match, we are really a big chance to be 6-3 after 9, with Carlton and Melboune the next 2 weeks.
Yeh, bomb it long to Edwards one out with big Mal on him, i wonder who will win that contested mark?
By the way, you guys will probably win, 20points id say.

Yeh, bomb it long to Edwards one out with big Mal on him, i wonder who will win that contested mark?
By the way, you guys will probably win, 20points id say.

Probably the bloke with the best hands in the biz. The medium sized Samoan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes against the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back