Unofficial Preview Changes and noradrenaline requirements for Geel V Lions Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a game we should really win given it's at home but Brisbane shouldn't be underestimated. They'll be contenders sooner than people think and have some reasonable amount of talent in that side. Martin, Beams, Zorko etc are a decent enough midfield to trouble Geelong and we all know Robinson will throw his weight around and stand next to Selwood again. We need to be mentally ready or they could pinch this.

A good test for an up and coming side ..and for us.

Never forget the way Brisbane squashed us under their heel in that game early 2000's with Vossy and and other just going full steam ahead bull dozer on guys like Corey.

yes they are no young side like us back then but still .. lets be serious here.

If we are building our style on hard edged defence and yet can not take care of a young Brisbane at home .... then go and book the Hawaii trip now.
We should win by 40 points plus with Brisbane departing the ground at games end feeling the chilled zephyr coming of Corio bay probably wearing 3 jumpers and plenty of bruises.

Other than the first quarter, Guthrie no influence on the game at all. 4 or 5 touches in 3 quarters I think.

Champion data had him in the bottom 5 with the fringe... again. Very poor score for a guy running around loose for most of the night.

I'd like to see him in BOG contention, at least once in a while. He never seems to be anywhere near it. Fans should expect more, the team needs it.
Not really. They tried to extricate Stewart as the loose man as much as possible. Wise too.
Don't care about CD, don't care about the need to be BOG. He played down back and wasn't beaten.

So as per normal I take what you say on him with a grain of salt.

Not sure what the comment is in ref to .. but I agree. It probably cost us in this era..but id prefer that being done by more seasoned bodies. Its a criticism I have on Menegola..built like a truck but rarely tackle like one. He is really another offensive mid ..auuuund we probably have one or two.too many.

Menegola earned frees for his strong tackles, you obviously missed the game?
Was fantastic offensively and defensively l thought. Tòok some cracking marks and another 30 possession game.
I'd be more worried about Jones and Narkle contributions up forward.
I'd like to see Touhey get a crack up forward see what he can do, strong on the ground and can take a big mark as we well know. Big kick, big bodied like Chappy was.

Last edited:
Was fantastic offensively and defensively l thought. Tòok some cracking marks and another 30 possession game.
I'd like to see Touhey get a crack up forward see what he can do, strong on the ground and can take a big mark as we well know. Big kick, big bodied like Chappy was.
Thurlow into a back pocket and 2E up forward at the expense of JJ?

Strong as a bloody team of oxen, too. Just like Chappy.

Not sure what the comment is in ref to .. but I agree. It probably cost us in this era..but id prefer that being done by more seasoned bodies. Its a criticism I have on Menegola..built like a truck but rarely tackle like one. He is really another offensive mid ..and we probably have one or two.too many.
in reply to the bit: "Jones and Narkle need to lay more tackles"

We had a line of small/medium (mainly) forwards going back to 2012/3, they were all promoted as tackling machines (forward pressure) and they all ended up long term injury. McCarthy is the latest and last along with Cockatoo. I can recall George Burbury, Josh Cowan, Darcy Lang. And of course we got Scott Selwood, another so-called tackling machine.

To me the whole concept for that high pressure stuff has a very short span. Kills the players. Collingwood and the Bulldogs did have success but could not maintain it, and I think its getting found out a bit. jmo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. They tried to extricate Stewart as the loose man as much as possible. Wise too.
Don't care about CD, don't care about the need to be BOG. He played down back and wasn't beaten.

So as per normal I take what you say on him with a grain of salt.
Guthrie played like an A grade spud after quarter time,ran around without an opponent avoiding contests and gathering no possessions,but dumb enough to get himself caught in the last one out in a marking contest with Hogan in front of goal,mark and goal Dees.You need to start watching him Doc,worst on ground for the Cats two games on the trot and yes I've included Buzza's effort.

Guthrie played like an A grade spud after quarter time,ran around without an opponent avoiding contests and gathering no possessions,but dumb enough to get himself caught in the last one out in a marking contest with Hogan in front of goal,mark and goal Dees.You need to start watching him Doc,worst on ground for the Cats two games on the trot and yes I've included Buzza's effort.
Don’t agree at all. I was there.
He spent time on Spargo and a small amount of time on Garlett.

Spargo kicked a dribble from the pocket on Stewart and Garlett got a couple out the back on turnover. Both he and Bews kept them quiet well enough.

As for the Hogan part. Turn it up ypo.
We were caught out on turnover. Henry was stuck on Tmac and Blicavs was still floating back

How come Guthrie can cop so much criticism for not having a big impact on the game yet Menzel hardly touches the ball and no one says anything? Guthrie did some important defensive work. Menzel has a couple of good touches and was unlucky with free kicks. But Menzel needs to start doing some more work tonight stay in the team. I think we really lack another forward tall or small. I’d be trying to get Crameri in if he’s fit. He can kick or create goals and is capable of working further up the ground. And allowing Danger to play 85% game time in the middle where he most needed for the team.

Don’t agree at all. I was there.
He spent time on Spargo and a small amount of time on Garlett.

Spargo kicked a dribble from the pocket on Stewart and Garlett got a couple out the back on turnover. Both he and Bews kept them quiet well enough.

As for the Hogan part. Turn it up ypo.
We were caught out on turnover. Henry was stuck on Tmac and Blicavs was still floating back
Our first and second year kids are killing him for effort,the bloke is in his prime at 26 what he's offering right now is not exceptable and shouldn't be rewarded.

Our first and second year kids are killing him for effort,the bloke is in his prime at 26 what he's offering right now is not exceptable and shouldn't be rewarded.
That’s a weird viewpoint. Not sure I sat there on Saturday and questioned the effort of any player.

I think it’s just a case of trying to find a way to have a crack at a whipping boy. He was horrible v Adelaide no question but not so here. He was neither good nor bad.

That’s a weird viewpoint. Not sure I sat there on Saturday and questioned the effort of any player.

I think it’s just a case of trying to find a way to have a crack at a whipping boy. He was horrible v Adelaide no question but not so here. He was neither good nor bad.
You can't turn it over if you haven't got it,that's all that made his game look like an improvement on last week.

Never seen anywhere where 2E "thinks" it is easy on the forward line...me thinks you thinks you know what 2E thinks but I thinks you are wrong.

Watch the interview Lingy did with 2E right after the game on the field.

one of the first things 2E says - albeit tongue in cheek - is that being a forward is easy.

GO Catters

You can't turn it over if you haven't got it,that's all that made his game look like an improvement on last week.
So we’re judging guys in defence on touches. Well Bews is ****ed then.

Turn it up ypo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back