Strategy Changes and Pre-match discussion (Freo 15/7, MCG 1.45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The umps could also try throwing the ball up quicker not letting the pack form.
To negate the flow on of a quicker whistle that’s an absolute no brainer.
What about Buckley's theory about taking away prior opportunity. I've always thought that had merit but it would change the game drastically
I’ve heard him mention that a number of times, but in those instances he’s never elaborated on the alternative. What’s your interpretation of it? Mine’s incorrect disposal which is never paid these days with the umpires crying “he made an attempt” or “the balls free”. The concern I’d have with moving away from prior opportunity is a severe increase in free kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, this is totally off topic but does anyone know how I can buy a 2023 Nike Pies match or training jump for my son’s birthday in November?

As far as I can tell they’ve been sold out from the get-go. Club shop, Rebel, you name it! I’d that normal? Should I expect a re-stocking before finals?

This frustrated dad is grateful for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve heard him mention that a number of times, but in those instances he’s never elaborated on the alternative. What’s your interpretation of it? Mine’s incorrect disposal which is never paid these days with the umpires crying “he made an attempt” or “the balls free”. The concern I’d have with moving away from prior opportunity is a severe increase in free kicks.
in the early 90’s it was incorrect disposal rather than holding the ball, players like millane would lift the arms when tackled, be taken around the waist and dish off, the benefit was if you are taken to ground you’re arms are free to break your fall, but you’d get pinged.

No. State of mind comes later - after the conduct. Mens rea

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
One last post to annoy jmac.

The binary of intentional and careless being the only options only works if you've first split the conduct into reasonable and unreasonable and Chrisso has thrown out the reasonable conduct. Whether he looks at that before or after the other factors doesn't matter.

I think Buckley wants the player who receives the ball to immediately dispose of it. If that player is tackled , regardless of having no prior opportunity, he must dispose of the ball . As it is now, the player can just hang on to the ball. I think his theory is that if it is policed then it will discourage the handball to a stationary player during clearances, thus opening up the play more and having less stoppages. I don't really know how that would look but it would certainly change the game a bit

Backs: Maynard, Moore, Quaynor, Howe, Noble, Murphy, Markov

Mids: Daicos, Daicos, Sidebottom, Pendles, DeGoey, Mitchell, Crisp

Rucks: Cox, Cameron

Fwds: McStay, Johnson, Elliott, McReery, Adams, Hill

Lipinski the odd man out for mine and will be sub. Hill, McReery and Adams the other options. We could also keep Crisp back and Markov could be dropped, for as good as he has played he doesn't provide the flexibility that Adams and Lipinski do being able to play mid and fwd.

For me when Checkers comes back then Johnson is the man to make way at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back