Unofficial Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Gold Coast - Rd17 Saturday 6 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointed... Is it too late for an abortion? :stern look
Neither of my kids followed the North path unfortunately. My 19yo daughter decided in grade 1 that her favourite animal was 'cats' and had a friend who was born in Geelong and barracked for them, so she switched to Geelong. Must say she has had a fairly good run ever since making that choice - I don't think Geelong have been out of the finals much in that time! As for the lad, well, I tried but some things just go the way of one side of the family. However, he's at least there in support tomorrow (unless I put him off with my impersonation of someone having an exorcism, which tends to be me watching North 😂 o_O ⚰️ ).

Got my non-North 17yo son coming along. I'm determined to see a win in person this year! Last time was the start of '22 vs West Coast which was hardly one to write home about considering the opposition. These days I'm not fussed about how or who, such is the style of the times. 🤞 Just hang on and get it done, North!
22? Luxury!

My last win in person was the halcyon days of ‘19 when shawy was caretaker coach and we pumped the pies by 40 odd points.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Neither of my kids followed the North path unfortunately. My 19yo daughter decided in grade 1 that her favourite animal was 'cats' and had a friend who was born in Geelong and barracked for them, so she switched to Geelong. Must say she has had a fairly good run ever since making that choice - I don't think Geelong have been out of the finals much in that time! As for the lad, well, I tried but some things just go the way of one side of the family. However, he's at least there in support tomorrow (unless I put him off with my impersonation of someone having an exorcism, which tends to be me watching North 😂 o_O ⚰️ ).

Ouch, zero from two. I can understand a Bombers family abandoning the hanger, given their recent win/loss rate during finals.

I thought women were good at emotional blackmail. :p Where was the "Why do you hate baby kangaroos?" :p

I am shitting with you in case it wasn't obvious. Glad you have the family going along. :) Go Roos!

Ouch, zero from two. I can understand a Bombers family abandoning the hanger, given their recent win/loss rate during finals.

I thought women were good at emotional blackmail. :p Where was the "Why do you hate baby kangaroos?" :p

I am shitting with you in case it wasn't obvious. Glad you have the family going along. :) Go Roos!
the irony is the son/dad are Ess. ...

No correspondence will be entered into.

Thoughts are with me at this time.

My kids have spoken about wanting to change teams a number of times, it has taken work to get them over the line since we have been nothing but garbage their entire lives (mission accomplished).

There were days I was honestly going to make them sleep outside though due to saying they would change teams. Maybe some see that as child abuse but I look at allowing your kids to be a *, Pies, Blues, or Tigers supporter to be a worse form of child abuse :D

My kids have spoken about wanting to change teams a number of times, it has taken work to get them over the line since we have been nothing but garbage their entire lives (mission accomplished).

There were days I was honestly going to make them sleep outside though due to saying they would change teams. Maybe some see that as child abuse but I look at allowing your kids to be a *, Pies, Blues, or Tigers supporter to be a worse form of child abuse :D
See above, please don't report me to the authorities 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hooked on North the minute I saw the blue and white jumper. It just gets ingrained into you naturally. Never looked back.

I still get the odd surprised look from people trying to guess which club I barrack for. Due to my rather ethnic appearance they immediately assume I follow one of the big clubs.

It's also ok for kids to choose their own team but I feel like once you choose, you can't switch. Even if switching to North was on the table, you have to live with your original team (unless the team is merged or killed off).

Following North also holds a lot of emotional value. For me, it would be extremely difficult to throw in the towel. For the next generation though, they need to start seeing something so it keeps them attached. Meaning, they have a reason to stay rusted on when it's not going well.

Clubs gain loyalty when the team oozes success. That loyalty sticks when the club is not doing too well on field.

I was hooked on North the minute I saw the blue and white jumper. It just gets ingrained into you naturally. Never looked back.

I still get the odd surprised look from people trying to guess which club I barrack for. Due to my rather ethnic appearance they immediately assume I follow one of the big clubs.

It's also ok for kids to choose their own team but I feel like once you choose, you can't switch. Even if switching to North was on the table, you have to live with your original team (unless the team is merged or killed off).

Following North also holds a lot of emotional value. For me, it would be extremely difficult to throw in the towel. For the next generation though, they need to start seeing something so it keeps them attached. Meaning, they have a reason to stay rusted on when it's not going well.

Clubs gain loyalty when the team oozes success. That loyalty sticks when the club is not doing too well on field.
Yep I've never wavered at all over the journey with NM. Once my kids were set on their respective teams I told them they can never switch. Been a bit dicey over the years but to their credit (especially my son) they've stuck with them. Royally delulu but at least loyally delulu.

Its becoming easier to see that Clarko can see the nucleus of the team he wants and major changes wont be happening from now to the end of the season..We are building a team for the future and its slowly coming together and looking good..

It's also ok for kids to choose their own team

what_no.gif

Any true North Melbourne family must raise North Melbourne supporting children.

It's non-negotiable.

I don't make the rules, I'm sorry.

My son was brainwashed by me to be an automatic Roo from the womb. Thought he would jump off in his teens but he stuck fat and now in his 20’s he’s banked the bakes from oppo supporters/mates during the past few years and is ready to unleash hell when we are smacking sides again.

So am I TBH..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back