Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

A classic ‘no changes’ team position after that effort. However wardlaw has to come in so I’d drop one of Powell or Philips, drop Taylor and put logue as the sub, would also seriously consider dropping Stephen’s in which case make one of the Phil’s the sub and put louge on the park or as sub because he’s probably going to struggle first game back.

Although thinking it through I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just 1 change Taylor for wardlaw

I agree, would be surprised if we went in with today’s midfield plus George.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know this is a massively unpopular opinion, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Phillips makes way for George.
I have LDU, George, Sheezel, Simpkin & Powell all ahead of him for midfield rotations & Will doesn’t have the versatility to play elsewhere.
I think Will has been solid, albeit a bit down the last couple of weeks.
I just think we need to maintain balance in the team & not play too many players suited to one position.
I want to see Sheezel get more CBA’s.

Unless Clarko has Phillips pegged for a particular tagging job against one of the many Sydney gun midfielders this week, he may be on the chopping block IMO.

Out: Phillips, Stephens, Pink (maybe Dawson if Clarko doesn’t want to shift a defender forward)
In: Wardlaw, Fisher, Logue

If Logue needs another week then Pink/Dawson stays.

I know this is a massively unpopular opinion, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Phillips makes way for George.
I have LDU, George, Sheezel, Simpkin & Powell all ahead of him for midfield rotations & Will doesn’t have the versatility to play elsewhere.
I just think we need to maintain balance in the team & not play too many players suited to one position.

Unless Clarko has Phillips pegged for a particular tagging job against one of the many Sydney gun midfielders this week, he may be on the chopping block IMO.

Out: Phillips, Stephens, Pink (maybe Dawson if Clarko doesn’t want to shift a defender forward)

I could definitely see Phillips making way although he proved a calm head on a couple of occasions again.

Wow there is some dumb shit here.

Wardlaw in for Dylan Stephens. That will be all.

No VFL this week so Griff needs another game next week.

Phil will be tagging Errol Goulden.
LDU head to head Heeney
Wardlaw head to head with Warner .
X vs Grundy …
It’s going to be a lot closer than what people & ladder positions say .
Go North!

Sydney should win this easily. If they lose tomorrow it's a big danger game since Carlton will look to respond after tonight's loss.

If Logue’s fit I wouldn’t mind Dawson forward playing a defensive role on Nick Blakey. Pink stiff.

In: Wardlaw, Logue
Out: Stephens, Pink

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a few better options before I'd drop Powell or Phillips

You can play extra mids. Sheezel can start HFF at centre clearances and push up around the ball. As can Simpkin and Powell.

You can rotate them all around.

You can also let Phillips tag someone for 3 quarters and then sub him.

Wtf.

Powell isn’t getting dropped (not in reference to the post above). Even asking the question is excessively stupid. What the **** are some people smoking? 22 disposals at 100% efficiency. 😆

Phillips was just ok today but I wouldn’t drop him either. The SCG is probably the most suitable ground for him/the type of player be is.

Going in with an extra midfielder at the SCG would actually be smart. It’s a ground that’s all about the contest.

Drop Powell?

Sighhhhhh

Back to reality, small ground that traditionally doesn’t help key forwards, pink would be in danger.

I feel confident down back all of a sudden.

Comben - Amarty
Corr - McDonald
Dawson - McLean
Archer - Heeney
Lmac - Papley

Give griff another game at vfl.

Pink for Wardlaw

Wow there is some dumb shit here.

Wardlaw in for Dylan Stephens. That will be all.

No VFL this week so Griff needs another game next week.
I think the dumb shit as you so poetically put it just reflects the conflict most of us are having with who we take out for George to get on that won’t disrupt the team that won today FWIW I don’t think your suggest is dumb shit at all and is the most likely outcome 👍

I would say Pink, Stephens and Taylor are in the gun.
Whether they give Logue a return game in Sydney or wait till we play Carlton, I don't know.
But Wardlaw and Fisher if fit are in.

Selection headaches.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back