Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephenson never to play again.
This team has no room for 🐱 again !
We’ve been so much more pressure orientated in our forward half since he was dropped.

Trade bait or pay out and waive goodbye in October.

Reckon Logue needs one or two more vfl games before being considered for the senior team
Given we've been in good form and Logue is critical to get back healthy to build into next year I think at least 1 more at VFL is fine -we're not playing finals. We do need to get a decent look at him in our structure before end of year, ideally 4+ games minimum to make sure we have a good balance heading into next year.

We’ll need more run against the Swans, I’ve liked the forward structure with Pink there, but he might be the one who makes way.

Considering Kerch’s impact I Would like Fisher to play up the ground more. He can have Stephens wing next week.

From what I’ve seen of Logue so far, he needs to get some more miles into his legs in the VFL.

Phillips to tag either Warner or Heeney.

In: Fisher & Wardlaw.

Out: Stephens & Pink.

Stephens has to be dropped for that soft effort.

Stephens for Wardlaw.
Yes make an example of him / it .. without naming & shaming of course…😉
Players will know the expectation of what it takes to keep your place in the team & what it takes to get into it … the bar is so much higher now …. No room 🐱 like actions …
(That’s why Sleevo will more than likely never ever get another game for us again )

Phillips to Gulden.

It fee’s up a center square mid also.

Gulden starts on the wing and only attends around 15-20% CBA

So we can swap Dylan Stephens for Wardlaw and put Phillips on the wing on Gulden.

Rowbottom will tag LDU.

Sheezel and Wardlaw vs Warner and Heeney then.

We match up well against them imo.

Particularly with being able to tag AND play all of LDU, Wardlaw and Powell/Sheezel in the center bounces.

Clearances have been a bit of a weak point for the Swans this year and we have arguably the best clearance group with Fremantle at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The backline has been very settled the last few weeks and I don't see them rushing Logue back. There is time for Logue to build form and fitness in the 2's and returning when hes tip top.

Changes for mine

Out Stephens Taylor

In Wardlaw Fisher

Move Colby to the wing. Shiels as sub.

Stephens has to be dropped for that soft effort.

Stephens for Wardlaw.
Something similar happened a couple of weeks ago with another 2 oppostion players. Both were waiting for the other to pick up the ball so they could tackle the other. It looks bad and eventhough he has shown he doesn't like the physical contest like others, we need to move on from it and enjoy the win..

It fee’s up a center square mid also.

Gulden starts on the wing and only attends around 15-20% CBA

So we can swap Dylan Stephens for Wardlaw and put Phillips on the wing on Gulden.

Rowbottom will tag LDU.

Sheezel and Wardlaw vs Warner and Heeney then.

We match up well against them imo.

Particularly with being able to tag AND play all of LDU, Wardlaw and Powell/Sheezel in the center bounces.

Clearances have been a bit of a weak point for the Swans this year and we have arguably the best clearance group with Fremantle at the moment.
Archer to Papley..McDonald to Adams.

Something similar happened a couple of weeks ago with another 2 oppostion players. Both were waiting for the other to pick up the ball so they could tackle the other. It looks bad and eventhough he has shown he doesn't like the physical contest like others, we need to move on from it and enjoy the win..

We also need standards. Probably played a role in him being subbed off tbh.

Strategy for this game:
  1. Win clearance
  2. Pass the ball to Powell
  3. Torpedo it into the goal square
  4. Kick a goal
Repeat this by 100x

Drop Powell?

Sighhhhhh

Back to reality, small ground that traditionally doesn’t help key forwards, pink would be in danger.

I feel confident down back all of a sudden.

Comben - Amarty
Corr - McDonald
Dawson - McLean
Archer - Heeney
Lmac - Papley

Give griff another game at vfl.

Pink for Wardlaw
Pink would be unlucky to be dropped but I understand your thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back