Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

Will come out firing after a poor 2 weeks.

Have to be particularly careful with red time goals. Swans are great at pounding out 5+ unanswered.

Phillips to Warner. Guldens endurance is elite and doesn’t attend enough stoppages.

Heeney should be suspended but will pay a fine and issue a handwritten apology.

Worried about Blakey’s rebounding. Ford to do a defensive job similar to his roles on Sicily and Stewart?

North by 3 after the Swans give up a 50 due to an interchange breach.

Heeney out
WiPhi goes to Warner
LDU versus Rowbottom

Kangaroo Dundee Australia GIF by Nat Geo Wild

oh I just jumped on us @$9.50, oh boy ching, ching!
Thank youse very much as we say in the Northern Suburbs!!

And youse will get it one day, the comp is not very flash, many a shitmen getting a game for many a side.

Now I feel we are trend setters as we don't have many shitmen on our list.

We are a serious chance here people, a serious chance.

But FFS don't not bet on us because of me, that would be next level ****ed up!!

North by plenty!!

Logan McDonald FFS, FMD!

Oh out Pink, Stephens, Taylor

In , Wardlaw, Duursma & Stephens to be sub !

We go ok against the Swan

We have Carlton after this. A tough ask to debut Logue in that one.

Maybe you think about resting Corr or Comben, save one the flight, and play Dawson against Sydney with Logue. Then you play Logue, Corr and Comben against Carlton.

Logue won't be as rusty and one of the others will be rested.

We have Carlton after this. A tough ask to debut Logue in that one.

Maybe you think about resting Corr or Comben, save one the flight, and play Dawson against Sydney with Logue. Then you play Logue, Corr and Comben against Carlton.

Logue won't be as rusty and one of the others will be rested.
Comben looking like he could use a freshen up too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sending WilPhil to Warner.

Swapping Dawson with Pink. Pink to MacDonald.

Dawson to sit on Blakey and follow him everywhere he goes. We can't have Blakey waltzing it out of our back half time and time again. Sick of seeing a kickout, receive, another spot up - next thing you know Sydney are in the centre of the field with little effort.

Whoever lines up next to him needs to get busy early so Blakey second guesses himself vs. double teaming Larkey and constantly running off to player quarterback.

Ronald McDonald to have a shot after the siren from 10m out straight in front to win the game because of a NM ‘interchange infringement’ with 15 seconds to go as a gift from CorruptAFL House.

But this time as he swings his leg through hoping to boot the leather off the ball and kick it out of the stadium as a big FU to the media, he stubs the ball 5 metres with a bit of velocity and rips his hammy off the bone, which in turn hits tip rat Papley straight in the nuts with the pointy end of the Sherrin.

Both get strechered off and North win by 2 points.

Phillips 100% gets Warner. Similar to Daicos.
Shiels gets Gulden.
Send Ford to Blakey. Or Curtis Taylor.

We actually have the players to match up well on Sydney. Reckon they’ll send Jordon to Sheezel and Rowbottom to LDU.

Looking forward to this one but my best on ground is going to be Wardlaw. Will play a career game on Saturday.

Phillips 100% gets Warner. Similar to Daicos.
Shiels gets Gulden.
Send Ford to Blakey. Or Curtis Taylor.

We actually have the players to match up well on Sydney. Reckon they’ll send Jordon to Sheezel and Rowbottom to LDU.

Looking forward to this one but my best on ground is going to be Wardlaw. Will play a career game on Saturday.
We just beat a good midfield without a tag. If Phillips keeps Warner quiet and we lose, what's the point? Who's been tagged in Sydney's last two games? We've got nothing to lose, we won't be tagging next year so let's go head to head and back our mids in like we did in the last two games we've won.

I'm sending WilPhil to Warner.

Swapping Dawson with Pink. Pink to MacDonald.

Dawson to sit on Blakey and follow him everywhere he goes. We can't have Blakey waltzing it out of our back half time and time again. Sick of seeing a kickout, receive, another spot up - next thing you know Sydney are in the centre of the field with little effort.

Whoever lines up next to him needs to get busy early so Blakey second guesses himself vs. double teaming Larkey and constantly running off to player quarterback.
Absolutely right in my book with Dawson to Blakey. Perfect athlete to keep Blakey honest, very good in the air and strong and quick enough to make him wary of taking the tackle on every time.

Be very interesting if coaches think the same, be harsh to drop Pink as his competitiveness has been key to our structure forward of the ball, but I think for one week it might pay to see if K.Dawson can play a defensive forward role, especially as it then makes it easy to bring Logue in to play on one of the big talls (Amartey, McDonald or McLean)

It’s a year of growth, and I’m not a Pink hater but it’s a gamble we should take for one week against the top side.

Selection headaches for coaches is a good thing

George and Logue to come in
Pink and Stephens to come out.
C.T to sub again (unfortunate but it suits him well)

We just beat a good midfield without a tag. If Phillips keeps Warner quiet and we lose, what's the point? Who's been tagged in Sydney's last two games? We've got nothing to lose, we won't be tagging next year so let's go head to head and back our mids in like we did in the last two games we've won.
Playing Gold Coast at Marvel is a way different prospect to Sydney at the SCG.
If we let Warner and Gulden run rampant it’s going to get ugly.

Have you even watched Sydney the past two weeks? Young went to Gulden a couple of weeks ago and had his quietest game all year. Did an amazing job. Freo don’t win that game without that impact.

And again yesterday in the last quarter, Gulden had 1 kick as the Saints ran over the top of the Swans.

You’re delusional if you think we aren’t going to send someone to their prime movers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back