Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Western Bulldogs round 16 @ Metricon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just because I have an opinion you don't like I become an opposition?? How stupid are you??.

You need to grow up. It is not what you are saying it is how you are saying it?

Its disrespectful, a trolling tone and factually incorrect.

I have criticised players such as Masten in the past but not in the trolling manner you are.

So instead of being a total dick about it feel free to criticise players performances but at least make the argument better than what an 8 year old could write.

Just because I have an opinion you don't like I become an opposition?? How stupid are you??.

There’s a theory that people who consistently and thoroughly shit on the team they supposedly support, and its players, are imbeciles.

It’s just a theory I’ve come across though, not one I’m necessarily promoting. No need to bite my head off.

For the record: Masten 215 games (which is =469 on AFL/VFL list). That's 215 times he conned every match committee that he wasn't useless. Obviously a very very clever man.

Masten is same number as Lewis but more than Worsfold and more than Mainwaring. Not putting him in their company but 215 games is 215 games. And that's probably 215 more games than anybody on this board I'd be guessing.

For the record: Masten 215 games (which is =469 on AFL/VFL list). That's 215 times he conned every match committee that he wasn't useless. Obviously a very very clever man.

Masten is same number as Lewis but more than Worsfold and more than Mainwaring. Not putting him in their company but 215 games is 215 games. And that's probably 215 more games than anybody on this board I'd be guessing.

Only 214 more than Zach Beeck. (Try and guess what username Zach posts under)

You need to grow up. It is not what you are saying it is how you are saying it?

Its disrespectful, a trolling tone and factually incorrect.

I have criticised players such as Masten in the past but not in the trolling manner you are.

So instead of being a total dick about it feel free to criticise players performances but at least make the argument better than what an 8 year old could write.

I think what you just posted is exactly how you shouldn't behave when you hear something you don't like. My opinion is pretty plain and simple- Chris Masten was an absolute waste of a time and draft pick as a player putting on an Eagle Guernsey let alone getting to 200 games. That is my opinion,you can disagree, which is fine but what you have done is something else.

Firstly, somehow you have decided you are the authority for wisdom and gold standard for maturity by telling me to grow up ( It's just an opinion on a player mate, that doesn't determine your maturity level. I didn't rate him what so ever, that does not make me Immature. LOL)

Then, you decided to use profanity by calling me a dick ( little contradictory to your first point asking me to grow up, where clearly you need don't even follow your own advice).
Third, you assumed it's trolling and called me an opposition fan. Mate I can be a die Hard Eagles supporter( Which I am) and still dislike an Eagle player. In this case, I disliked Masten, didn't rate his game. He is probably a top bloke, but in context of football I could not stand him.

There is no need to complicate things by calling people names and even worse start telling them what to do or call them Trolls which is purely conjecture. I just couldn't stand Masten, simple. That is not childish and it is also not the correct thread to discuss it why I did not rate him, but I will 100% stand behind my statement.

There’s a theory that people who consistently and thoroughly sh*t on the team they supposedly support, and its players, are imbeciles.

It’s just a theory I’ve come across though, not one I’m necessarily promoting. No need to bite my head off.

LOL. All good champ. I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong. It was just an opinion, that's all.

Great achievements and I must add you forgot one minor addition. He won a flag as well. Nonetheless, I can still have an opinion in what I thought of him as a player. Correlation does not imply causation. Just because he played 200+ games, It does not make him automatic legend of the game or Eagles Hall of Fame untouchable of any criticism.

I think what you just posted is exactly how you shouldn't behave when you hear something you don't like. My opinion is pretty plain and simple- Chris Masten was an absolute waste of a time and draft pick as a player putting on an Eagle Guernsey let alone getting to 200 games.

65634E34-CEE4-4B85-A0BC-AD139FB0F5B3.jpeg

Taking a look at our recruits for last 10 years, they have pretty much failed every year.We were really lucky with 3 trades that worked well for us which still does not explain how our mid scouts kept their job.Redden was traded, Yeo was traded and kelly which we passed in draft as well. Those 3 aside, we were extremely lucky with shuey considering early on he suffered a series of injuries which included osteitis pubis, a broken leg, and two hernias. Masten and Rosa no good, i think shep was drafted as a mid as well if I am correct. We also traded the world for wellingham as a mid, ended up playing him half back which was another blunder. I like Sheed but he has major deficiencies which makes him a great second fiddle support instead of first line of attack.No wonder why we only have Ainsworth as a replacement. Meanwhile in Richomnd... their depth in mid is better than most of the comp first mid division.
Yet, we won a flag in 2018 and have played in 7 finals series since 2008 when we started our last major rebuild.

Maybe we should give to our recruitment team for prioritising KPP in the draft and trading for mids. This strategy has worked excellently, considering gun KPP are super rare and hard to trade for. Mids, not so much.

Look at a team like Collingwood, their midfield has been a rung above ours over the last few season, yet ours is still good enough to compete and our KPP means we have dominated them since 2018 (with only one loss by 1 point).

I am very happy that we appear to have our next generation of KPP stocked and developing. Yes, we are likely to fall down the ladder at some point, but I am quite comfortable knowing all we have to do is grab some mids who will develop much quicker than talls, then we will be back up and challenging again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my experience, people who constantly have to say "that's my opinion" are usually being impertinent.
I love when people throw a "hey it's just my opinion" onto a completely untrue statement and refuse to budge.

Chris Masten never once played a good game in his 200 game, premiership winning career. Hey it's just my opinion.
Gravity doesn't exist. Hey it's just my opinion.
A square has 3 sides. Hey it's just my opinion.

Correlation does not imply causation. Just because he played 200+ games, It does not make him automatic legend of the game or Eagles Hall of Fame untouchable of any criticism.

Never stated he was an automatic legend nor untouchable - so there was no correlation-causation.

But it is an undeniable fact that only 468 players in the 100+ year history of the 'AFL' have played more games. That'd put him in the top few percent.

I love when people throw a "hey it's just my opinion" onto a completely untrue statement and refuse to budge.

Chris Masten never once played a good game in his 200 game, premiership winning career. Hey it's just my opinion.
Gravity doesn't exist. Hey it's just my opinion.
A square has 3 sides. Hey it's just my opinion.

Hey it's might opinion that my opinion is bullshit. Disagree with that at your peril!

Never stated he was an automatic legend nor untouchable - so there was no correlation-causation.

But it is an undeniable fact that only 468 players in the 100+ year history of the 'AFL' have played more games. That'd put him in the top few percent.
Bailey Williams was the 12,836th VFL/AFL player when he debuted a couple of weeks ago.

That puts Masten in the top 3.6% of players all time for games played.

And that’s excluding players who never appeared at senior level.

What a spud.

There’s a theory that people who consistently and thoroughly sh*t on the team they supposedly support, and its players, are imbeciles.

Spaceclef?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back