Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 19 v Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Some huge decisions to be made this week, all of Rich, Zorko, Prior, McInerney and J.Berry should be available and maybe Adams. I am not considering Adams as a possible in for this exercise. Massive Q Clash with the Suns in really great form.

Ins- Dayne Zorko, Jaxon Prior, Daniel Rich, Jarrod Berry, Oscar McInerney.

Outs- Harry Sharp, Jarryd Lyons, Darcy Fort, Nakia Cockatoo, Noah Answerth.

Fort and Cockatoo were both good today so very unlucky but someone has to go out, if by chance Adams gets up it's Payne out.... also not expecting the coaches to omit Lyons.

Some huge decisions to be made this week, all of Rich, Zorko, Prior, McInerney and J.Berry should be available and maybe Adams. I am not considering Adams as a possible in for this exercise. Massive Q Clash with the Suns in really great form.

Ins- Dayne Zorko, Jaxon Prior, Daniel Rich, Jarrod Berry, Oscar McInerney.

Outs- Harry Sharp, Jarryd Lyons, Darcy Fort, Nakia Cockatoo, Noah Answerth.

Fort and Cockatoo were both good today so very unlucky but someone has to go out, if by chance Adams gets up it's Payne out.... also not expecting the coaches to omit Lyons.

In: Zorks, Rich, Berry, McInerney

Out: Sharp, Fort, Cockatoo, Robinson

I'd like to get Prior in the team but if matho says in its hard to find a spot, definitely do not want Ah Chee dropped.

This would have to be the hardest in’s and outs, that would have to be picked all season

Sharp/Robbo out and maybe Payne if Adams is ready otherwise go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berry for Sharp will be a big inclusion

Rich will be important when they start to tag Kiddy

Someone will be unlucky to make way for Zorko

Expecting;

In: Zorko, Rich, Berry, Prior, McInerney
Out: Matho, Cockatoo, Shar, Robbo and Fort

Hoping for

In: Zorko, Rich, Berry, McInerney
Out: Lyons, Cockatoo, Sharp, Fort

Berry for Sharp will be a big inclusion

Rich will be important when they start to tag Kiddy

Someone will be unlucky to make way for Zorko

Out: Matho, Cockatoo, Shar, Robbo and Fort

Hoping for

In: Zorko, Rich, Berry, McInerney
Out: Lyons, Cockatoo, Sharp, Fort
If Matho goes out 3KZ and some others will go full on nuclear meltdown mode.

I'd love Prior to come straight back in considering how good his last game wass but with O, Zorko, Rich and Berry likely to return, I doubt the coaches will want to make a 5th change to a winning team. I'd say Robinson holds his spot after a decent game and Prior will have to force him out again. You'd except one of Cockatoo or Answerth will go out for Rich. I expect the coaches will want to keep Answerth in for his defensive ability particular with Rich and Coleman being more attacking halfbacks which is the same role Cockatoo played as well so I think Nakia will be unlucky. Cockatoo's good foot skills are put to great use off half back though and I'd love for him to stay in.

Berry for Sharp is an easy one. Likewise O for Fort although I know many on here would debate their preference of Fort which I don't have an overly strong opinion about. I rate both without losing any sleep over whoever isn't selected. Who does Zorko replace? Bailey may be in strife after some very poor form in recent times but I'd say he has enough credits. Logically it is probably Lyons or Matho and if that is the case I hope it is Lyons who makes way. Love Lyons but Matho produced a far superior performance than anything Lyons has produced over the past 6 weeks.

If Adams is fit he probably replaces Payne.

If any of Zorko, Berry and/or Prior don't come up and we lose some mids to covid, Dev will be in the frame after an elite performance in the reserves.

Would it be possible to have the OUTs limited to those who are performing worse than their counterparts in the twos and the INs from those who are performing better than their counterparts in the senior squad?

Obviously there is a subjective judgement as a forward who might kick 10 against witches hats in the VFL might not be better than one who kicked 4 against a quality defense and there are those who are perpetually awesome in reserves and equally consistently incapable of performing at the higher level but I like the principle...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When they selected Tunstill ahead of Ah Chee I realised BF posters sometimes have more idea about selections than those close to the coalface who often already have their minds made up.

We're wedded to Answerth and Lyons so that will never change. Zorko is Captain and Rich is AA so they will get selected automatically as well.

Personally I would leave Cockatoo in because he looks to me to be on the improve all of a sudden and has the big body plus pace. Lyons doesn't deserve his spot on current form where we have better players up forward where he's spending a bit of time. Mathieson really changed the mix and showed we were too staid in our thinking and really need to mix it up a bit to compete against the elite teams. Prior ,Ah Chee, Mathieson all have to play because it gives us a toughness edge we were lacking. Sorry Robbo ,you're really tough too but not as effective.

outs Sharp, Robbo
Ins Berry, Prior
I be tempted to give Fort another week as solo ruck. You assume Oscar in but for who.
If Adams up then you say Payne unfortunate.
Bailey been treading water the last few weeks. Not sure what to make of him
Lyons on todays form out played by Matho, although always has big QClash since he came over

I give Zorko and Rich another week. Zorko has not lasted I think 3 games this season coming back
Rich seemed like something wrong the last few weeks before he was out

outs Sharp, Robbo
Ins Berry, Prior
I be tempted to give Fort another week as solo ruck. You assume Oscar in but for who.
If Adams up then you say Payne unfortunate.
Bailey been treading water the last few weeks. Not sure what to make of him
Lyons on todays form out played by Matho, although always has big QClash since he came over

I give Zorko and Rich another week. Zorko has not lasted I think 3 games this season coming back
Rich seemed like something wrong the last few weeks before he was out
Rich was AA last year and has elite disposal skills.

I'm wracking my brain to find where we can make better use of him because the backline looks a bit better without him in it tbh.

When they selected Tunstill ahead of Ah Chee I realised BF posters sometimes have more idea about selections than those close to the coalface who often already have their minds made up.

We're wedded to Answerth and Lyons so that will never change. Zorko is Captain and Rich is AA so they will get selected automatically as well.

Personally I would leave Cockatoo in because he looks to me to be on the improve all of a sudden and has the big body plus pace. Lyons doesn't deserve his spot on current form where we have better players up forward where he's spending a bit of time. Mathieson really changed the mix and showed we were too staid in our thinking and really need to mix it up a bit to compete against the elite teams. Prior ,Ah Chee, Mathieson all have to play because it gives us a toughness edge we were lacking. Sorry Robbo ,you're really tough too but not as effective.

Yeah cant let this take go through to the keeper. Selectors may make mistakes every now and then or may make calls on 50/50 decisions that you dont agree with but it is fantasy to believe that posters here have more of an idea than the selectors.

Yeah i know. I am just saying that we dont have close to the info or experience that the selectors have to base their decisions on.
Of Course. But some of the calls they've made weren't 50/50. We've made some poor calls this year. Playing Cockatoo into finals last year when anyone could see he was gassed after 10 minutes was when I started to wonder what the go was with them.

Mostly they do the obvious and get it right . Surprised to see Fages fess up that there'd been a mistake made today. I'm therefore wondering if it wasn't his mistake.

Of Course. But some of the calls they've made weren't 50/50. We've made some poor calls this year. Playing Cockatoo into finals last year when anyone could see he was gassed after 10 minutes was when I started to wonder what the go was with them.

Mostly they do the obvious and get it right . Surprised to see Fages fess up that there'd been a mistake made today. I'm therefore wondering if it wasn't his mistake.
Unpopular opinion i know but i am still backing Fagan and the Lions selection committee over the BF Lions Forum selection committee every day of the week. :)

Sucks that Fort will drop out. Really do rate him

I love Joe but he just doesn't look right to me.

He had that shoulder issue earlier in the season and it looks to me that it's still a problem

In the Essendon game , he was heavily scragged and at one point one of their players pulled his arm back at an awkward angle, which seemed to aggravate that shoulder issue.

I woudn't be against Joe being rested for a game due to "General Soreness".

It would at least open up a few more options for Ruck/forward combinations

Personally I’m still of the opinion that only 2 of Neale, Lyons and Matho should play in the one team. At this point I’m more than happy for it to be Neale and Matho.

Out: Robinson, Sharp, Cockatoo, Fort, Lyons

The ins are pretty simple however I’m more confident Berry and Prior fitting back into the team seamlessly rather than the other couple.
Cockatoo and Fort very unlucky to go out. I’ve said a bit about Lyons already today but to be fair I don’t think this was in his worst 5 games for the season, a lot of his damage seems to be when the sting is out of the game and I just notice too many cheap touches. I wonder whether his biggest positive to the team is meant to be his knowledge and setup around stoppages, which hasn’t really been working either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back