Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 20, Pineapple Grapple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the stupidest idea yet, but could Darcy Fort play KPD on whoever their slowest / oldest forward is; at least Fort has a good footy IQ?

I still maintain we should have drafted a KPD in the MSD when our stocks were already low instead of another small forward in Craven irrespective of how little we rated what was out there. We kind of can’t be surprised we’ve found ourselves in this position.

Maybe the stupidest idea yet, but could Darcy Fort play KPD on whoever their slowest / oldest forward is; at least Fort has a good footy IQ?
If the (possible troll??) above is on the money and Darragh Joyce is out as well we may have no choice.

If there is ever a game where our mids must be step up and be accountable as ever; it’s this week.

I mean even if we were to drop the game; we can’t let the deficit get to out of hand given Freo’s % is about six goals behind ours when they also have WCE this week, but we could get above them in another week or two when they have a tough game.

That Joyce thing popped up as a rumour on one of the FB pages. Dunno if it’s true or not, guess we will see this arvo in the injury report.

If it is, then I think our hand would be forced to play Eric down back, simply for no other reason that he has height and has somewhat of a background in the position.

If this happens I think Smith holds his spot up forward although I’m not totally against a Joe led forward line with a bunch of mediums and smalls around him.

Midfield will have to be far better defensively at stoppage and on the spread then they were on the weekend or we will get killed with whatever makeshift backline we come up with.

That Joyce thing popped up as a rumour on one of the FB pages. Dunno if it’s true or not, guess we will see this arvo in the injury report.

If it is, then I think our hand would be forced to play Eric down back, simply for no other reason that he has height and has somewhat of a background in the position.

If this happens I think Smith holds his spot up forward although I’m not totally against a Joe led forward line with a bunch of mediums and smalls around him.

Midfield will have to be far better defensively then they were at stoppage and on the spread then they were on the weekend or we will get killed with whatever makeshift backline we come up with.

I wonder if it was true if the club would try and keep it on the down low and not give the Suns a chance to plan for it

I wonder if it was true if the club would try and keep it on the down low and not give the Suns a chance to plan for it
Possibly. I guess one could still train, albeit with no contact with a broken jaw?

Would love to be a fly on the wall at training this week to see what they’re coming up with.

I’ve gone detective mode - Darragh looks fine after the game singing the song so my question is, if you had a broken jaw could you still talk / sing like he is or do we assume it could have happened in his personal life outside of footy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This news is such bad luck for Joyce. Just as he was getting some continuity of senior football and moving from a break glass type status to a dependable tall back, he gets injured. Feel for him.
let's hope there's no nastier surprises coming our way.

The worst thing about all of these KPD's going down is that even after this game, Harris will have to play on the no.1 KPF & his ability to intercept will be greatly diminished. Even right now our team D has been quite poor, and if Harris hasn't been able to save the day, we concede very easily and quickly once it hits the ground/ the oppo mark it. Deeply concerning.

Broken jaw would be at least a month if not longer.

So this week we would need some height in the backline. Either hipwood back with Smith a deep forward target, or hippy stays forward and one of Ryan, Smith, Fort or ZZ back. Pick your poison. Pretty dire.

And until Payne is back, round 23 at best, it becomes a question of whether just Andrews and Lester are enough.

Would leave say Brain or Prior playing on a third tall:

v Giants 198cm Jake Riccardi
v saints 191cm Mitch Owens
v Pies 190cm Jeremy Howe
v dons 193cm Nate Caddy (with starce needed for 192cm Langford who is very handy)

The giants stands out as the hard one both because they are good and Riccardi is tall. Dons game will get hard if we don't get on top in the midfield too.

I’ve gone detective mode - Darragh looks fine after the game singing the song so my question is, if you had a broken jaw could you still talk / sing like he is or do we assume it could have happened in his personal life outside of footy?

I would be very surprised if it is personal life.

Broken jaw can be horrific and obvious.

Fractured cheekbone can be much harder to detect. Original post pretty vague...

Ah, nah.

Nah want? It’s a question; could you sing if you had a broken jaw sustained in the game? If not then it obviously outside of footy unless it occurred at training today?

Yes you could, depending where the break is. Think about it lol, if you're going to makeup an injury to cover a personal issue I don't think your first choice of injury is a broken jaw.

The worst thing about all of these KPD's going down is that even after this game, Harris will have to play on the no.1 KPF & his ability to intercept will be greatly diminished. Even right now our team D has been quite poor, and if Harris hasn't been able to save the day, we concede very easily and quickly once it hits the ground/ the oppo mark it. Deeply concerning.
Defense hasn't been poor. That's an exaggeration. It's hasn't been as tight as it has been but it's not poor. It did very well to hold Sydney last week. With the amount of injuries and changes our defense has been pretty good.

I'd still like some clarification on the Joyce injury. You brought it up. Please tell us where you heard this and how it happened.

Yes you could, depending where the break is. Think about it lol, if you're going to makeup an injury to cover a personal issue I don't think your first choice of injury is a broken jaw.
That’s all I was asking; I never said anything about making an injury up; you did. But if the broken jaw didn’t happen against the Swans, then it’s fair to assume it occurred outside of footy unless of course it happened at training this morning.

Defense hasn't been poor. That's an exaggeration. It's hasn't been as tight as it has been but it's not poor. It did very well to hold Sydney last week. With the amount of injuries and changes our defense has been pretty good.

I'd still like some clarification on the Joyce injury. You brought it up. Please tell us where you heard this and how it happened.

That's probably fair re injuries. Conceding so easily against the demons, wce, saints & swans in a lot of moments has been very obvious & worrying though. End to end in a flash. Perhaps due to our high press but Fagan has mentioned it numerous times in his pressers as being a concern even in our wins & that its been a big focus at training.

I can't give any more info on Joyce unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back